Normandy - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Normandy

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    DD,
    Had fun building these over the weekend. The UC I ripped from IL-2 and then modded, the stripped version, which I think still looks pretty good is only 57kb (complete one is 181kb).

The LeFH arty is only 38kb with crew, and 27kb on it's own, with two texs I did.

The tank traps, I did cube and pyramid in concrete, individual ones are 2kb, and the fields are up to 264kb, and the steel hedgehog is 6kb and 140kb for the field, so a very low poly count.

Either I'll upload here as bgls and then you can GSL them, or PM me with your email.

Cheers

Shessi

ps Also Re-did Euro sea, another version..I think it fits the blustery, dull weather type of sea for D-Day, but not too dark for summer, and better than my or other lighter seas.
    Shessi,
    Thanks a BUNCH! They look fantastic!

If you would like to do so, how about uploading to the SOH Library so they are available to everyone once the D-Day Campaign: OPN Overlord and other associated OPNs to D-Day is done?
    My email is in my SOH profile, and I will PM it to you.

Lee
    Devildog73

Semper Fi
    "Earned RESPECT seldom needs to demand respect"

Quote Originally Posted by Devildog73 View Post
    Shessi,

If you would like to do so, how about uploading to the SOH Library so they are available to everyone once the D-Day Campaign: OPN Overlord and other associated OPNs to D-Day is done?
    A great idea!

The scenery progress looks quite interesting so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    Had fun building these over the weekend. The UC I ripped from IL-2 and then modded, the stripped version, which I think still looks pretty good is only 57kb (complete one is 181kb).

The LeFH arty is only 38kb with crew, and 27kb on it's own, with two texs I did.

The tank traps, I did cube and pyramid in concrete, individual ones are 2kb, and the fields are up to 264kb, and the steel hedgehog is 6kb and 140kb for the field, so a very low poly count.
    I understand the poly count is fairly low for each object, but if you plan to put hundreds or thousands of them on the beaches (plus dozens of Atlantic Wall bunkers and coastal defence) I fear the impact on frame rate will still be awful...

Quote Originally Posted by Roxane-21 View Post
    The scenery progress looks quite interesting so far.

I understand the poly count is fairly low for each object, but if you plan to put hundreds or thousands of them on the beaches (plus dozens of Atlantic Wall bunkers and coastal defence) I fear the impact on frame rate will still be awful...
    Roxane,
    I am building on an older Dell XPS Intel 2.66 Core 2 Duo, with 6GB RAM, nVidia GT210 with 2GB Video RAM under Windows 7.
    If anyone has a less capable PC they might run into a problem with FPS, but anyone with comparable or more capable PC will have no problems at all.

Also, I am GSLing as much of the scenery as possible to help with FPS.
    IF it gets too heavy with the poly counts, I will make separate Campaigns for each beach eliminating as much scenery from the other beaches as necessary to boost the beach of intent.
    Lee
    Devildog73

Semper Fi
    "Earned RESPECT seldom needs to demand respect"

Members who have read this thread: 1