Confessions of a C-2 Greyhound COD Pilot

Thread: Confessions of a C-2 Greyhound COD Pilot

Confessions of a C-2 Greyhound COD Pilot

A former Navy C-2 Pilot reminisces his experiences (good and bad) flying the C-2. A very good article.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zon...delivery-pilot
    Last edited by gray eagle; July 5th, 2020 at 14:29.

Good story! I love to read all these kind of tales, no fancy "pointy" planes...

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    A former Navy C-2 Pilot reminisces his experiences (good and bad) flying the C-2. A very good article.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zon...delivery-pilot
    All I can says, "Amen".

This guy tells it like it was, and I have seen it for real, though not as a participant, but an observer.

I also observed the same type of thing with the A-3 community with their KA-3, EA-3 and RA-3 dets. Leadership just did not understand the difficulties of flying these planes as well as the support trail they needed.

In COD we trust

This is a video for the 50th anniversary of the first flight of the C-2A Greyhound. The COD's first flight took place on 18 November, 1964. Since then, the aircraft and it's crews have supplied the carrier fleet with high priority logistics. This video shows some amazing insight into the mission of the COD as well as the challenge/thrill of flying the COD.

Great read and had my own experience the age of the aircraft. Good deal get off the boat early, after the cat launch the nose gear failed to retract, so the crew flew back to Mayport with the gear down.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Great read. Thanks for sharing.

That was a fun read! Thanks GE for posting. I never had the pleasure of landing on a carrier riding in the back of a C-2 (thank God). My one and only carrier landing was from inside a Lockheed US-3, the "COD version" of the S-3 Viking. In that plane we sat up front and could watch the pilots do their "pilot stuff". It was an airplane ride I will never forget.
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Members who have read this thread: 0