RAF Chittagong Burma scenery

Thread: RAF Chittagong Burma scenery

RAF Chittagong Burma scenery

Figure'd Burma gets a bit overlooked for WW2 scenery

An important airfield near the then border between India and Burma (now the state of Bangladesh) for offensive and transport missions during the Burma campaign, Although primarily an RAF airfield, it was used extensivly by the USAAF aswell

The airfield is found in the Bangladesh country section under its modern name "Shah Amanat Intl"

The P47's are the old Alphasim model converted to scenery object by Fulbert with a skin by Revev.

A big thanks to Tako_Kichi for letting my convert his USAAF Veh library from FSX to FS9, they work really well and had no problems converting them

Some objects by Ted Andrews and Wolfi, which you should have already installed if you have some of my other scenerys

Ive also made up a simple traffic file for Michael Pearson's C47 AI, you'l need to download and install "jai_c-47.zip"
    from Avsim

I also started repainting John Young's B24 Lib in RAF SEA marking's but im not a repainter and i was'nt happy with the end result, if anyone whats to have a go, there's about 16 parking spots and a traffic file ready to go

I would have retro'd Cox's Bazar which was also an important airfield and a few miles down the coast but i could find no info on layout. if anyone has any info, i can do a quick and dirty :-)

PS, ive James Hollands book, "Burma 44" on the go at the moment, and my own father served in East Bengal, India, as RAF ground crew during WW2, we never found out much about his service but he may have been station'd at RAF Chit

Airfield Information Exchange possibly

https://www.airfieldresearchgroup.org.uk/forum

Ttfn

Pete

Say Ian, I have no runways or PSP parking? I do have all of your wonderful sceneries and don't have this problem. What am I missing/

Steve
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

Always a difficult question to answer as it works just fine in my install, but i noticed the objects in the background (ships, gas tanks, refinery ect) are not standard for the area so im guessing there's a conflict with another add on scenery. Ive just double check'd my scenery with autogen at 100% and it looks nothing like your's.

Found the conflict, It was CBI West: "Allied airfields 1941-45 SE Asia. 291 fields in China, Burma, India, Malay, Sumatra and Java." I just removed the four Chittagong bgls from the scenery folder and the problem fixed! The buildings, tanks and ships were from the "Ford-India-Scenery-Project" by Garry J. Smith.
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

Allied airfields 1941-45 SE Asia
    Sounds interesting, where can i find these? I also forgot to remove a basic ADE file of Rangoon, or Yangon VYYY, as its known now, it was going to be for the future but its still in the Chitt/scenery folder. There's no buildings or infrastructure but it was based on an actual 1942 map i found online, used by the British and taken over by the Japanese, i may get around to finishing it one day

I believe this is the one Ian,c Check cbiv7.zip at Avsim.

FS2004 scenery. Allied airfields 1941-45 SE Asia.
    290 fields in China, Burma, India, Malay, Sumatra
    and Java. Covers almost all the known airfields
    involved. The American fields are mostly correct
    for position, orientation, length and Ndb data, the
    British and NEI ones somewhat less so. A few CBI
    fields are more fully detailed. To be used for
    reflying historical sorties throughout the area.
    By Alex D. Nicolson.

I would like the PSP runways like you have.

Steve

Thanks Steve, i'll check them out, if they are made the with ADE, which im guessing they are, its really simple to change the runway texture's

Thanks Ian. One small question: "Where did you bury those 20 crates with the Spitfires?"

Cheers,
    Huub

[QUOTE"Where did you bury those 20 crates with the Spitfires?"][/QUOTE]

There in the version 2 update, only problem is, im never going to release it

Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post
    [QUOTE"Where did you bury those 20 crates with the Spitfires?"]
    There in the version 2 update, only problem is, im never going to release it [/QUOTE]

To quote the real Mr Bond:"Never say never again", as I think you most probably thought that after doing the first version of Manston as well

Cheers,
    Huub

I think any sensible person knows, the rumor of the buried spits is complete rubbish

I think any sensible person knows, the rumor of the buried spits is complete rubbish
    Still I wonder why this story keeps popping up . Everytime you think that everybody is aware that is just a hoax, suddenly the story is mentioned brought up again and there are still believers .

Cheers,
    Huub

Ive never gone into the in's and out's of the story, life is to short But i remember a radio broadcast by the historian James Holland, who made a very simple statement on the matter, "Why in gods name would you want to, what would be the point"

Ive never gone into the in's and out's of the story, life is to short But i remember a radio broadcast by the historian James Holland, who made a very simple statement on the matter, "Why in gods name would you want to, what would be the point"
    Indeed, would be just as easy to give them to Davy Jones, off the deck of a ship on the way home.

Ttfn

Pete

I recall reading that there were times at the end of the war when the USAAF got rid of their unwanted planes by bulldozing them into heap. But I don't think they took the time and trouble to bury them. As James Holland suggested, why bother?

Indeed, would be just as easy to give them to Davy Jones, off the deck of a ship on the way home.
    Its probably easy to walk from Scotland to N Ireland with the amount of equipment dumped into the Irish sea after the war

Members who have read this thread: 1