IndyCar/NASCAR @ Indianapolis

Thread: IndyCar/NASCAR @ Indianapolis

IndyCar/NASCAR @ Indianapolis

- How about that lift!
    - Dixon hasn't lost a beat!
    - How about that INCREDIBLE Xfinity race!

Jimmie Johnson has been tested positive for Covid-19, most likely ending his season. Justin Allgaier will take the wheel of the #48.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxane-21 View Post
    Jimmie Johnson has been tested positive for Covid-19, most likely ending his season. Justin Allgaier will take the wheel of the #48.
    Since NASCAR decided to jump into the socio-political game, I completely quit following NASCAR, so this is news to me. I certainly cannot claim to be a fan of Jimmie, but he is a 7-time champion in the Cup Series, with five of those championships being in consecutive years, something that is unlikely to ever be repeated. He and Chad made a unique team with so much talent, skill and determination. His last championship was in 2016 and he has finished each season since then lower and lower in the standings. That had to be painful for Jimmie and now, in his farewell season, to contract this (word not allowed) virus, which may put a sour end to his career. Like I said, I'm not a fan of his, but this really, really sucks.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Roxane-21 View Post
    Jimmie Johnson has been tested positive for Covid-19, most likely ending his season.
    What makes you say SEASON?

Icon2

Quote Originally Posted by stansdds View Post
    Since NASCAR decided to jump into the socio-political game, I completely quit following NASCAR, so this is news to me. I certainly cannot claim to be a fan of Jimmie, but he is a 7-time champion in the Cup Series, with five of those championships being in consecutive years, something that is unlikely to ever be repeated. He and Chad made a unique team with so much talent, skill and determination. His last championship was in 2016 and he has finished each season since then lower and lower in the standings. That had to be painful for Jimmie and now, in his farewell season, to contract this (word not allowed) virus, which may put a sour end to his career. Like I said, I'm not a fan of his, but this really, really sucks.
    Well...
    No one had any problems in 2004 with Kirk Shelmerdine running a "Bush/Cheney" logo on his car...

That being said, I get your point...

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    You are right, it might have been a bit pessimistic from my part. But this may happen if he is unlucky enough to suffer from serious respiratory issues which are quite long to recover from. But I sure wish him to be back on duty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    Not everyone recovers from this virus in a couple of weeks. Jimmie is in exceptionally good physical condition and that is likely to help him, but he could be quarantined for weeks. He is currently 15th in the points standing and has no wins, so he is dangerously close to being eliminated from the top 16 who get to compete for a championship under NASCAR's playoff system. Every race he misses, he will fall further down the points ladder and without a win, he can find his season being over in terms of being in contention for a championship.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

If he tested positive for COVID 19 then the best outcome for him will be 14 days isolation, at least that's Policy on OZ.
    He might have tested positive but any comments mentioning symptoms etc or was it just a positive test?
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by stansdds View Post
    Not everyone recovers from this virus in a couple of weeks. Jimmie is in exceptionally good physical condition and that is likely to help him, but he could be quarantined for weeks. He is currently 15th in the points standing and has no wins, so he is dangerously close to being eliminated from the top 16 who get to compete for a championship under NASCAR's playoff system. Every race he misses, he will fall further down the points ladder and without a win, he can find his season being over in terms of being in contention for a championship.
    NASCAR said he has to pass 2 tests and be cleared by a physician.

Icon2

I hoping that Kenseth would have pulled it off there....

Members who have read this thread: 0