USS_Saratoga_CV3_2020 released by Shadow Wolf 07! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: USS_Saratoga_CV3_2020 released by Shadow Wolf 07!

As promised, some island pictures:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cv3_037b.jpg   Nauru 1.jpg   Wotje 1.jpg  
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Finishing up... I have 6 more issions to test-fly, packaging and upload. It should be up by this weekend. Here's a shot of UT's Nauru:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cv3_037.jpg  
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Uploaded

USS_Saratoga_CV3_2020

This is an historical campaign, centered on the wartime battles of the USS Saratoga CV-3. She survived several torpedo hits and a kamikaze attack and it took an atomic bomb to sink her. The campaign is semi historical in a sense, because it contains one “what if” mission. The dates, ship names, Task Force and squadron designations nomenclature and compositions for all US and most IJN ship types are historically accurate. They, along with dates and background comments were gotten from the "WW2 Task forces list" website and from Wikipedia.

Actual Task force formations, courses and exact launch coordinates are a best guess. The campaign runs from a “what if” Wake Island relief scenario – December 1941 thru Saratoga’s last wartime engagements with kamikazes off Iwo Jima. I used only one type of VN ship and most but not all classes of destroyers, heavy and light cruisers are relatively new uploads.
    There are four campaigns in this package. The large campaign has you, the player flying a fighter, a dive bomber or a torpedo plane, randomly chosen for each mission. In addition. Included in this pack are separate pure fighter, torpedo plane and dive bomber campaigns for your choice.

A headwind is added to most missions to add additional realism of the carrier’s turning into the wind at takeoff. It also aids the player in taking off with heavy payloads and on landing. Where a wind direction and speed are noted in the intel portion of a mission briefing, the wind is to an altitude of up to 2000 feet. Keep that in mind when making low altitude attacks.

This campaign set is best installed on a “clean” install of CFS2, using stock scenery except where noted. It was created and plays well on Windows 7 and 10 systems and I suspect should be fine on XP and Win 8/8.1. Copies of all set up readmes, description, required downloads and installation documentation are included in MS Word and PDF format for your convenience. The campaign should prove challenging to novice (especially), intermediate and even advanced simmers. See the USS Saratoga CV-3 2020 Campaign Descrip doc for credits.

Welcome aboard!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cv3_035A.jpg  
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Icon22 USS_Saratoga_CV3_2020 released by Shadow Wolf 07!

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Campaigns Add-Ons

Description: This is an historical campaign, centered on the wartime battles of the USS Saratoga CV-3. She survived several torpedo hits and a kamikaze attack and it took an atomic bomb to sink her. The campaign is semi historical in a sense, because it contains one “what if” mission. The dates, ship names, Task Force and squadron designations nomenclature and compositions for all US and most IJN ship types are historically accurate. They, along with dates and background comments were gotten from the "WW2 Task forces list" website and from Wikipedia.

Actual Task force formations, courses and exact launch coordinates are a best guess. The campaign runs from a “what if” Wake Island relief scenario – December 1941 thru Saratoga’s last wartime engagements with kamikazes off Iwo Jima. I used only one type of VN ship and most but not all classes of destroyers, heavy and light cruisers are relatively new uploads.
    There are four campaigns in this package. The large campaign has you, the player flying a fighter, a dive bomber or a torpedo plane, randomly chosen for each mission. In addition. Included in this pack are separate pure fighter, torpedo plane and dive bomber campaigns for your choice.

A headwind is added to most missions to add additional realism of the carrier’s turning into the wind at takeoff. It also aids the player in taking off with heavy payloads and on landing. Where a wind direction and speed are noted in the intel portion of a mission briefing, the wind is to an altitude of up to 2000 feet. Keep that in mind when making low altitude attacks.

This campaign set is best installed on a “clean” install of CFS2, using stock scenery except where noted. It was created and plays well on Windows 7 and 10 systems and I suspect should be fine on XP and Win 8/8.1. Copies of all set up readmes, description, required downloads and installation documentation are included in MS Word and PDF format for your convenience. The campaign should prove challenging to novice (especially), intermediate and even advanced simmers. See the USS Saratoga CV-3 2020 Campaign Descrip doc for credits.

Welcome aboard!

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit USS_Saratoga_CV3_2020
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Icon22 Reply...

Greg,

Many thanks for all of your efforts on this overhaul, especially incorporating all of the new scenery!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

A revised downloads readme has been uploaded with the package.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Members who have read this thread: 0