I decided to buy V5, because everyone's pics looked so good. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I decided to buy V5, because everyone's pics looked so good.

Pam, I hope you didn't buy Portland Cityscape. It is incompatible with True Earth Oregon! I had it installed previous to installing TE Oregon, and Central said it would be uninstalling the original Portland Cityscape, as it is included in TE Or. And is highly upgraded from the original.

Have not had chance to explore much, yet.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by modelr View Post
    Pam, I hope you didn't buy Portland Cityscape. It is incompatible with True Earth Oregon! I had it installed previous to installing TE Oregon, and Central said it would be uninstalling the original Portland Cityscape, as it is included in TE Or. And is highly upgraded from the original.

This is an interesting post. I found TE's Portland to be horrible and limited. I installed Portland afterward to get the buildings. I also found Bill Womack's Flightbeam KPDX to be on sale and bought it. However, I haven't installed it.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Blog Entries

It was a free download, and unfortunately, the only thing included with TE Oregon was some freeware ( Via google ) Orthos of the portland city area, and those were horrendous..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    This is an interesting post. I found TE's Portland to be horrible and limited. I installed Portland afterward to get the buildings. I also found Bill Womack's Flightbeam KPDX to be on sale and bought it. However, I haven't installed it.
    John..
    I dont think I'll be ruining anything for you by posting these ( I'm a horrid photographer ) so it'll give you a wee taste of what your in store for.. It blows any other rendition, off the map..

Blog Entries
    Don!.. Check this out.. Its free and V5 compatible..

https://orbxdirect.com/product/cityscapeportland

And my apologies for being so scattered.. It;s wayyy past my bedtime and I'm going braindead for the day..

What I stated in my post about Portland was what my installer said. I haven't had a chance to check out the area, yet. I also had the previous version, but never visited it. I had forgotten it was the free version. Also, had not yet visited it. I think the reason the original was not compatible was because of some of the modeling not being V5 compatible. My memory getting kind of mushy, also.

Edit: After reading the info for the free version, I noticed it is for use with NA PNW, which I have installed, along with the Portland freeware. As mentioned, I had not visited it, yet. (I also have it installed in V4.5, also not visited, yet.) Quoted from the TE Oregon user manual "The city of Portland has been completely transformed" this is where my recollection came from.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X

Blog Entries
    What I stated in my post about Portland was what my installer said. I haven't had a chance to check out the area, yet. I also had the previous version, but never visited it. I had forgotten it was the free version. Also, had not yet visited it. I think the reason the original was not compatible was because of some of the modeling not being V5 compatible. My memory getting kind of mushy, also.

Edit: After reading the info for the free version, I noticed it is for use with NA PNW, which I have installed, along with the Portland freeware. As mentioned, I had not visited it, yet. (I also have it installed in V4.5, also not visited, yet.) Quoted from the TE Oregon user manual "The city of Portland has been completely transformed" this is where my recollection came from.
    Ahhh. Mia Culpa Don.. I misunderstood.. I cant say I love Portland. After all, I live a hundred miles from there, and its never seemed the warmest place in the world too me ( Really, Manhattan seemed warmer ).. However, I'm almost a happy camper now.. I uninstalled Vector for P3DV5 and unistalled Sode, and And there was momma Hoody standing tall and proud..

Regarding Portland itself, I think OrbX did themselves proud. Oh Yeah sure,it could always look better around the edges, but the main city looks great, and even the various mud flats look appropriate ( not that I'm into mud flats ) The airport is a nice Lego construction,and suffices for what it is, but personally, It doesnt make me think of moving my main base there. I was hoping, but yeah, that'll remain KSJC/KSFO for now, with home being KBDN/6K5 ..

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    Ahhh. Mia Culpa Don.. I misunderstood.. I cant say I love Portland. After all, I live a hundred miles from there, and its never seemed the warmest place in the world too me ( Really, Manhattan seemed warmer ).. However, I'm almost a happy camper now.. I uninstalled Vector for P3DV5 and unistalled Sode, and And there was momma Hoody standing tall and proud..

Regarding Portland itself, I think OrbX did themselves proud. Oh Yeah sure,it could always look better around the edges, but the main city looks great, and even the various mud flats look appropriate ( not that I'm into mud flats ) The airport is a nice Lego construction,and suffices for what it is, but personally, It doesnt make me think of moving my main base there. I was hoping, but yeah, that'll remain KSJC/KSFO for now, with home being KBDN/6K5 ..

No problem, Pam. No offense taken. My problem is I am an insatiable collector, but my RL job takes up all my time, so I rarely get to try out my purchases. One of my younger brothers lives in Vancouver, Wa. He and his wife, who is a nurse, cared for our mom in her last years, and I got to see some of the sights around there when we, (my wife & I) drove up from San Diego, Ca. where I am from, after a grand daughter graduated HS. A beautiful drive, especially going home to Iowa, driving along the Columbia River, and on east. We got to see Mt Hood very well, having taken one of the scenic routes. I have TE Washington also, so Mt. Hood was always there, for me. However, I hadn't flown down there until you mentioned your problems. Here are a few shots from an early evening flight. I got up to Mt. St. Helens when I realized I went by Portland, after running the fix I posted about in the other thread.

BTW, this was the first time I loaded the P-61C Reporter, and I must say, I like it! Dean did a very nice job, and your flight model is to die for! Very smooth and still very maneuverable. Trims easily, and my first landing was a no bouncer! Thank You.

Waiting impatiently for TE SoCal! NA SoCal is ok, but the autogen is terrible! There is a totally wrong generic building right on top of where the house I grew up in, and my high school! Awwk!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails screenshot4616.jpg   screenshot4618.jpg   screenshot4635.jpg   screenshot4638.jpg   screenshot4639.jpg   screenshot4649.jpg  

Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X

Blog Entries
    Yeahhhhh, Hoody is very special to us oregonians.. I dont know what it is, but the mountain gets under your skin and into your feelings.. It;s totally majestic, and totally gorgeous and as deadly as a rattlesnake.. People die on it every year..

As for collecting, I'm not a collector. I'm much worse than that. I had over a terrabyte and a half in FSX aircraft when I hit the delete key back in 2014. I'm back up to half that in just a few weeks again. Dont ask me about Fallout 3 or 4 or Elder scrolls or American Truck Sim. Theres a reason I've got six terrabytes of hard disks on this beast.. I'm an addict.. :::LOL:: All I do is download and fly.. I blame VA's for that. Each VA has its own fleeet, and with 14000 ours in the seat, you can probably imagine I've belonged to several.. Even had one of my own for a while.. On the other hand, well, work is a memory too me.. Not much to do except enjoy what I can.

And that Widow put a smile on my face. I do love that thing, even though I fly the P-61b mostly. I need to get in touch with Rob to get permission to release it in its unfinished state. It;s been seven years, and even though its set to behave more realistically ( dont lose an engine below a thousand foot ) it flies like a homesick angel. The RF-61/F-15 uses a modified version of that very same flight model. Converting it over from the P61b was a bit of a challenge as the two models were executed in different programs with different zero points.. I'm pretty proud of what we accomplished with it. Anyway, I'm babbling, as always. Zsolt posted a pick of the VS P-36 today and I did that FDE too so now i'm working on making it fly in p3dV5. It'll be a fun day ..
    Later ..
    Pam

OH!!! For your amusement.. Not sure if you ever saw this or not.. I used to make demo vid's of my flight models.. This may be enjoyable.. Music is from Wing Commander as performed by the combined bands of the Royal Marines.. Enjoy..

Members who have read this thread: 0