FSX/P3D DC-10 Very Large Air Tanker Package.zip

Thread: FSX/P3D DC-10 Very Large Air Tanker Package.zip

FSX/P3D DC-10 Very Large Air Tanker Package.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category P3D / P4D Add-Ons - Civilian aircraft

Description: I am very proud to present the very first true, flyable DC-10 VLAT (Very Large Air Tanker) to the sim world. This aircraft was based upon the SGA / Thomas Ruth and Eric Cantu version. Made FSX native by George Arana (which this version is based on). Then modified again by myself and George Arana to create the VLAT version. This package comes with 2 models and 6 liveries. The first model converted into a VLAT was a DC-10-10 model and became T-910, in 2007-08 it was exclusively contracted by Cal Fire. Which a single livery represents on that model. The second model is the DC-10-30, which the fleet of 10 Tanker Air Carrier now consists entirely of. T-910, 911, 912, and 914 are represented on this model in US operations. The 6th livery is of T-910 in NSW RFS contract livery in Australia for the 2018-19 season. This package has updated views, special retardant effect, and some updated dynamic lighting for the landing and runway turn off lights. Original aircraft design credit belongs to Thomas Ruth and Eric Cantu. VLAT conversion credit goes to Nicholas Mitchell "Scorch00" and George Arana "euroastar350."

Created in P3Dv4.5, but should work in FSX and P3D v5. But is untested in either.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FSX/P3D DC-10 Very Large Air Tanker Package.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Thanks to Scoorch00 and George Arana for amazing invention of new fire fighting DC-10 tanker model base.

Regards,

Aharon

Quote Originally Posted by Aharon View Post
    Thanks to Scoorch00 and George Arana for amazing invention of new fire fighting DC-10 tanker model base.

Regards,

Aharon
    You're very welcome. I thought having these in the sim was a must. Especially with how much they've been in the news fighting all the large fires in the US and in Australia this year.

Aerial Firefighting Aircraft Development & Simulation Group
    Simulated Air Tanker Operations Facebook! <<click
    SATO Youtube Channel! <<click

I have received some bug reports. In particular with the VC not working properly for FSX users and the DC-10-10 model seems to have corrupted improper animations for the landing gear and the ailerons. The gear are not fully locked when on the ground. They look like they are still in pre-landing "droop" and the ailerons animation is completely frozen. So far I believe with the FSX users copying the dc10interior_t and dc10interior_l textures from one of the main textures may solve this by pasting those into the panel folder. FSX is a bit particular for where it looks for textures unlike P3D. Hoping that fixes the FSX issue. I don't have FSX so trouble shooting for it is difficult. I will be having to release a hotfix for the -10 model however.

I am guessing that due to the tank on the bottom of the plane, normal flare cannot be used for landing on runways and I mustland this DC-10 tanker on all wheels the same way the B-52 bombers land on runways without flare.

Correct??

Regards,

Aharon

The jet will land normally. The tank does not interfere with a traditional flare. A steep flare will result in a tank strike. The aircraft weight also dictates how far the tank is off the ground as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Aharon View Post
    Ok thanks for reply

Regards,

Aharon
    You're welcome. Happy flying!

The VC issues for FSX users is being addressed, but since it was never touched during the whole process I'm not sure why this issue persists in only FSX. I haven't had a single report of VC issues in P3D. So I think it's a file problem or related issue between the sims. I really don't want to suggest people find one of the FSX native converted SGA DC-10 just to replace the interior model and panel with, but it may be at least an interim solution. The aileron animations and gear problems on the -10 model are also being ironed out. So far the -30 model seems to be fine and the animation issue seems to be isolated to just the -10. Thank you all for your patience and reports.

HOTFIX 1 Completed

I have fixed the issues with the -10 model. Wing animations, landing gear, VC display issues, and a minor texture correction have been applied. Link will be also posted here once upload is complete on SOH. Hotfix link will also appear in this file's description and vise versa.

HOTFIX;
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...9&linkid=26874

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    I didn't pick up the original file because I figured what was mentioned in the gripes following the release of the original would be fixed somehow and a new release would follow. I was partially correct - we do have a new release but the description says it requires the original file, which I do not have. How do we go about finding and downloading the original file?

Using the download link in the original announcement above results in going to the new download which requires the original file.

Quote Originally Posted by SSI01 View Post
    I didn't pick up the original file because I figured what was mentioned in the gripes following the release of the original would be fixed somehow and a new release would follow. I was partially correct - we do have a new release but the description says it requires the original file, which I do not have. How do we go about finding and downloading the original file?

Using the download link in the original announcement above results in going to the new download which requires the original file.
    I believe the site has included the Hotfix in with the original file I uploaded now so when you download the file, you'll download them both together instead of having to start a second download. But I am checking that as I type (downloading to check).

***EDIT*** Yes BOTH files are included in the download now. The original file and the hotfix are now together. The link posted above is now broken since it's been combined.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Terrific! Thank you, Scorch!

Quote Originally Posted by SSI01 View Post
    Terrific! Thank you, Scorch!
    You're welcome! Happy flying! And thank you for the heads up on the file.

Members who have read this thread: 6