AICarriers frustration....

Thread: AICarriers frustration....

AICarriers frustration....

First off, what is the latest version of Javier's carriers?

I am completely stumped. I cannot get Javier's carriers to show up in P3DV5. I see destroyers, cruisers around where his carrier is SUPPOSED to be, but nothing. No matter what formation I choose, nada.

I have the Team SDB Enterprise installed, and it shows up ok. And the default crap carrier shows up.

Am running Windows 10, Home Edition. I guess AICarriers.net won't work anymore, because Java won't work? I never have understood how to install that version anyway. NC

Just to clarify: AICarriers.NET does not use Java. It uses the .NET framework instead, which makes it much easier to install/use in Windows.
    The original AICarriers, which was embedded into some of Javier's carrier archives originally, uses Java. And you don't want to use that one

That being said, I'm not sure what happens on your computer.
    Are you sure Javier's Nimitz is correctly installed into your P3Dv5 ?

After ditching FSX for P3D, my Carrier use days using AI Carriers came to an end. I have been using DCS modules ever since. I have the new DCS Super Carrier but since I am literally only days into setting back up on my new PC, I haven't had time to get to it yet but soon will. The videos the DCS Super Carrier are just spectacular (animated deck crew and arresting wires, etc).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    After ditching FSX for P3D, my Carrier use days using AI Carriers came to an end. I have been using DCS modules ever since. I have the new DCS Super Carrier but since I am literally only days into setting back up on my new PC, I haven't had time to get to it yet but soon will. The videos the DCS Super Carrier are just spectacular (animated deck crew and arresting wires, etc).
    Oh, I agree about the amazing detail in DCS, but that is one sim that I am not sure I have the patience to spend time with. I have it installed, and spent considerable time, assigning controls configuration for my joystick, throttle. But then I have to learn about how to initiate the catapult, etc...; not to mention, just learning how to start something like the Tomcat, which I have, and can't figure it out..... NC

But that is for another forum. I have enough headaches, without adding another one.

NC, I'm still on v4.5 HF3 and will move up when VRS is there, but I stopped using AICarriers in 4.5 going forward with the VRS TP menu and SWS boats for my carrier experience in P3D. On your DCS note, if you need help the thread here on SOH is active and I have been flying the 14 online since release. From a real world boat guy, nothing compares to the Super Carrier in a sim currently. Even with the glitches, I am happy upgrading my machine to handle the Tomcat and SC in multiplayer.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    NC, I'm still on v4.5 HF3 and will move up when VRS is there, but I stopped using AICarriers in 4.5 going forward with the VRS TP menu and SWS boats for my carrier experience in P3D. On your DCS note, if you need help the thread here on SOH is active and I have been flying the 14 online since release. From a real world boat guy, nothing compares to the Super Carrier in a sim currently. Even with the glitches, I am happy upgrading my machine to handle the Tomcat and SC in multiplayer.
    Thanks so much for your offer of help. Maybe I will take another look at DCS.... If I could ever become proficient with it, I might try MP; but that is waaay down the pike. NC

Meanwhile, I am making progress with AICarriers. I managed to get the USS Enterprise and Aerosoft's Kitty Hawk to show up. Still no Javier's carriers though.

AICarriers.net can be obtained from here.

Dave

Members who have read this thread: 0