The CTRL-Ezy Jaguar

Thread: The CTRL-Ezy Jaguar

The CTRL-Ezy Jaguar

Some shots from FB

Cannot wait for this
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 72958434_1908052319333132_5993250350174936880_o.jpg   72958434_1908052319333132_5993250350174936880_o.jpg   79245094_1908052159333148_781675102086344221_o.jpg   83516525_1908052052666492_2724405983653905861_o.jpg   104809814_1908052219333142_2176297416832193974_o.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by noddy View Post
    Cannot wait for this
    ...but not if it's only got half a VC.

TrackIR/VR users are not the target market, which is a shame. I’d love to have had a Jag to fly.
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

Interesting how people are so quick to dismiss when they haven't even seen the finished item. Never mind, we'll carry on. VR and Track IR users are not the target market. That does not necessarily mean the model will not be suitable for them. For heaven's sake have patience.

YESSSS!!!!!!

Finally a Jaguar, how this has been ignored over the years is beyond me. Excellent choice, I look forward to seeing the final product whatever that may be. I would hope most for the user to be able to customise the loadouts rather than having predetermined ones. Time will tell.
    Please visit my YouTube channel @ https://www.youtube.com/user/daledelboy

Quote Originally Posted by DaleRFU View Post
    YESSSS!!!!!!

Finally a Jaguar, how this has been ignored over the years is beyond me. Excellent choice, I look forward to seeing the final product whatever that may be. I would hope most for the user to be able to customise the loadouts rather than having predetermined ones. Time will tell.
    +1

The Jag is also a long awaited model to me. Keep on doing this great job!
    Best regards, Manfred.

Thanks Manfred, yes we will keep on doing the Jag and many more classic aeroplanes. Ctrl/Ezy makes it possible to bring many classics to FSX and P3D in much faster development timeframes. We have squadrons of subject ideas - it's just a question of picking the right ones...

Step aside, lad (heckle, heckle...)

Westland Lynx? Wessex? Any helicopter?
    Best regards, Manfred.

Quote Originally Posted by noddy View Post
    Buccaneer on list?
    Quote Originally Posted by Manschy View Post
    Step aside, lad (heckle, heckle...)

Westland Lynx? Wessex? Any helicopter?
    Nice ideas but not to many ideas when some project are on the desk still?

Harrier Gr.3 first (after Sabreliner and Jaguar ) !!!!

btw. this model of Wilco Publishing was done by AH? I had it in FSX times.
    Sorry for OT in Jaguar topic.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Yes, that was one of ours.

Nearly time to open a Harrier thread as well - but sorry for boarding this thread again...It's the Jag-Thread
    Best regards, Manfred.

Front office looking good so far!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    ...but not if it's only got half a VC.
    Depends...

An example? On the Ctrl-Ezy Pucara as long as you don't pan the view further than about 90 degrees to the left or right above the canopy rail then the cockpit remains convincing enough. I use the hat switch on my HOTAS X to pan the view so I'm still having fun with that turbo twin. Happen as well that I can't drop the napalm canisters - not PC these days!

Jaguar? I'm very interested. I wonder if there'll be the trainer variant too? I mean as per Ctrl-Ezy ethos there's only the one cockpit of course, but the Pucara has two seats & two crew modelled on the outside doesn't it?.. then again the aircraft model would be different entailing extra work.

Speaking of extra work, or not, at least the Jag doesn't require a ground power cart (like many military planes require) for starting up - the Jag has its own APU for self starting, so even when using CTRL-E, the external look and sounds would be quite realistic

That large scope in the centre of the instrument panel is a moving map display in the real thing. I can only hope that a stock FSX GPS (I believe Ctrl-Ezy products are compatible (in the most part) for FSX) is integrated into that scope.

I am seriously glad, that CTRL-EZY is here
    And I will buy

Just Pucara not my thing
    But Jaguar Yes

And many possibilities
    Most WW2 Russian and French planes gone in P3DV4 upwards
    No Dorniers and no Junkers

So there is a BIG field

And honestly - what is benefit to start an Tu-154 by the book- fun to me starts from Take-off + Flying

So lets ee what future will bring

I am glad AH did that

Roland

The Connie and some others guy

Quote Originally Posted by thunder100 View Post
    I am seriously glad, that CTRL-EZY is here
    And I will buy

Just Pucara not my thing
    But Jaguar Yes

And many possibilities
    Most WW2 Russian and French planes gone in P3DV4 upwards
    No Dorniers and no Junkers

So there is a BIG field

And honestly - what is benefit to start an Tu-154 by the book- fun to me starts from Take-off + Flying

So lets ee what future will bring

I am glad AH did that

Roland

The Connie and some others guy
    Agree 100% , pretty sure not everyone is going to ( or will be able too $$$ .... just saying ! ) jump on the MFS 2020 bandwagon , having CRTL - EZY come along with some fresh content and favorable pricing is a no brainer for us FSXers ...... now bring on some cold war metal Baz !!

Regards

Hello Bazar,

-Any news of Jaguar?
    Thank you

Alain
    -

Quote Originally Posted by alain0568 View Post
    Hello Bazar,

-Any news of Jaguar?
    Thank you

Alain
    -
    I can answer this one.

It's in a long term hangar. Along with the Javelin, the other one that we were doing and the Ctrl-ezy concept in general.

2 main reasons are.

- MSFS - nothing really to be said about that, that hasnt been said I think you all have seen the effect that game has had on every other flight game.
    - The CTRL ezy concept was not really understood by the general market and the people who did understand it were a small subsector of a dwindling market.

Even we dont think the concept would work in MSFS.

Fascinating - not really sure about the CTL-EZY process. Am I correct in that the model is restricted internally in the VC by basically doing a front view perspective? Do the systems or controls on that panel get modeled or only some. Basically I can live without seeing a detailed modelled and texture in all perspectives. I can understand the logic, lot of bits and bytes get gobbled up by all that detail which is mostly superflous except for the look. I guess it is basically a 2D panel brought to life with a 3D perspective. I will see how this one goes!

Thanks for the update, not happy with the Javelin and Jag being shelved but totally understandable from a business perspective.

Henk.

Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post
    Fascinating - not really sure about the CTL-EZY process. Am I correct in that the model is restricted internally in the VC by basically doing a front view perspective? Do the systems or controls on that panel get modeled or only some. Basically I can live without seeing a detailed modelled and texture in all perspectives. I can understand the logic, lot of bits and bytes get gobbled up by all that detail which is mostly superflous except for the look. I guess it is basically a 2D panel brought to life with a 3D perspective. I will see how this one goes!
    Yes you get it.

The systems were basically Ctrl+E. the premise was for the " I have about 20 minutes and want to do some boom and zoom flying in planes that are unusual or not commercially viable as a full fledged subject, that cost less than 20 dollars for FSX/p3d and as long as I either use the camera set up or dont use the hat switch in the VC view... job done"

Unfortunately the concept faltered. Feedback we received was ranging from " I want a full cockpit " to "ctrl E is fine but what if I want to start it like the real thing " which of course was not the point of CTRL Ezy .

With the quantum shift to MSFS that we are seeing, we dont see the concept working in MSFS which for all intents and purposes is all about the immersion. Long term hangar storage really means that it isnt even on our radar but things are changing so quickly in the MSFS world that perhaps xbox users might get the concept. The idea is more game and less simulator friendly.

Onwards and upwards as they say!

Hello everyone,
    In view of the posts above, it seems that the Jaguar will not see the light of day!
    Too bad! It's really a shame!
    Never has this plane been reproduced in beautiful way for FSX / P3D!
    Yet this plane has been manufactured at 600 copies, has been distributed in several countries, has experienced a loaded operational career!
    This plane has deserved a good modeling for our simulators!

Alain

The only Jag that's suitable for P3D is/was the UKMIL one -- and that was basically 'external-only'. No VC at all.
    There were actually four models (ACT, GR1, GR3 and T2). They worked in P3Dv4, at least.

I don't know if they're still available anywhere. The UKMIL website would be my guess.

Dave
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2021-8-20_17-19-18-135.jpg   2021-8-20_17-23-6-881.jpg  
    Last edited by dhazelgrove; August 20th, 2021 at 08:27.

Yes, Dave, I have it too! His windshield is not representative of the true!
    But he had the VC of Mitsubishi T2 (piglet), and I could not change the Gauges!
    So I stayed at that of AlphaSim, and I changed the panel!
    Unfortunately, the shutters and spoiler do not represent the kinematics of the true!
    There was also a marine version (the M05) modeled by a Russian, (I believe!)
    And there, the hypersustation was well reproduced, but his VC was too poor qualitatively and the soiled model! Abandoned!
    You will understand that I regret a jaguar according to the current criteria !!

Alain

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pit Jag.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	161.5 KB 
ID:	84020

-

Quote Originally Posted by alain0568 View Post
    Hello everyone,
    In view of the posts above, it seems that the Jaguar will not see the light of day!
    Too bad! It's really a shame!
    Never has this plane been reproduced in beautiful way for FSX / P3D!
    Yet this plane has been manufactured at 600 copies, has been distributed in several countries, has experienced a loaded operational career!
    This plane has deserved a good modeling for our simulators!

Alain
    However I dont think that you were the target market of CTRL-ezy. I dont mean this in a bad way but the jag would have been " front vc only, locked camera, simplistic systems " with obviously the 18.95 USD price point to match such a development.

I think though you would be disappointed with the shortcomings that , that scenario would have given you. I think you're a fan of the jaguar ( me too ) and would want it to be much more than a ctrl-ezy would deliver. If you have some time have a look at the pucara and how it was received both here and on Fb. It should give you an idea on why the concept didnt work for the majority out there.

It's in long term storage. Once the dust settles on MSFS and xbox ( I happen to think the xbox market is more closely aligned to the general premise of CTRL-ezy ) then it might be dusted off and finished for that game. It's basically fallen victim to the new game , community expectations and that damnable ROI thing.

Members who have read this thread: 2