VR Eyepoints: Is there a way to save them?

Thread: VR Eyepoints: Is there a way to save them?

VR Eyepoints: Is there a way to save them?

I have a Samsung WMR Odyssey headset. It seems to work flawlessly (have not used it for a LONG time). However, every time I start a flight in VR, the eyepoint is above the cockpit. I have to manually reposition the eyepoint, manually, with my keyboard. Pain in the watoosi. Any help here? NC

Yes in Chaseplane (view). Short answer .
    But recenter you must do always (origin). Set up it on Your joystick.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Yes in Chaseplane (view). Short answer .
    But recenter you must do always (origin). Set up it on Your joystick.

Yo Yo, thanks! I have Chaseplane, but didn't think it would work with VR. Outstanding! NC

It works and it works very well. I have for each plane few views, to close up also (gps for example), inside and outside. It works nice with cinematic view also. I added keys for joystics (main VC view + the rest) so I can move from view to view very quickly. I advice to try ChP in VR mode, this is obligatory addon for me .
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Does editing the

[Views]
    //eyepoint = 2.912, -1.245, 3.333
    eyepoint = 2.7, -1.4, 3.2

section in the aircraft.cfg not change your initial viewpoint in VR? I pretty regularly edit the viewpoints of my planes. I like to keep my zoom at .9 - 1, so I usually have to move the viewpoint to get a realistic view in the cockpit.

Sorry, I always forget which direction is which. I think the units are in feet, and it's Longitudinal (along the fuselage axis), Latitude (side to side), and vertical. It might be vertical latitude and longitudinal. Easy enough to check.

I set up Ctrl-R to the reset the plane command (I forget what it's actually called and I'm at work), so you can edit the aircraft.cfg while you fly and see the result of your changes after a plane reset while you fly.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    Does editing the

[Views]
    //eyepoint = 2.912, -1.245, 3.333
    eyepoint = 2.7, -1.4, 3.2

section in the aircraft.cfg not change your initial viewpoint in VR? I pretty regularly edit the viewpoints of my planes. I like to keep my zoom at .9 - 1, so I usually have to move the viewpoint to get a realistic view in the cockpit.

Sorry, I always forget which direction is which. I think the units are in feet, and it's Longitudinal (along the fuselage axis), Latitude (side to side), and vertical. It might be vertical latitude and longitudinal. Easy enough to check.

I set up Ctrl-R to the reset the plane command (I forget what it's actually called and I'm at work), so you can edit the aircraft.cfg while you fly and see the result of your changes after a plane reset while you fly.
    Outstanding! I have never messed around with viewpoint settings, but I will now, thanks!! NC

Members who have read this thread: 0