C-47 PBR Model
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C-47 PBR Model

C-47 PBR Model

I've asked MJahn about incorporating Tufuns enhanced rivets using the C-47 model (the one with no Rebecca antenna) and he is no longer doing any more work on that project, which leaves me
    to ask anyone out there if they would incorporate the enhanced rivets effect into the C-47 model that doesn't use that external antenna on the nose.

All of the PBR textures use the dak01 model (Rebecca antenna) and not all C-47 back in those days had/used that antenna. Radio Set AN/ APN-2 is an airborne radar interrogator / responder of the "Rebecca" type that will enable an aircraft to home on ground radar beacons of the "Eureka" type such as AN/PPN-1 and AN/PPN-2 and the heavier beacons, AN/ TPN-1 and AN/TPN-2. It was used in conjunction with suitable beacons for night landing of parachute troops, landing of gliders and maintaining airborne supply operation to isolated positions.

Not all C-47 were equipped like this. I have seen/rode in some R4D's that did not have this gear (not required) yet, the P3D PBR models sport the model that uses the external antenna.

So I am imploring anyone out there that maybe could help or shed some light on making a PBR model with rivets for a non Rebecca equipped C-47.

I've asked some painters here about this and seamingly ignored or have no response.

Thanks.

C-47 with "Rebecca" yagi antennas

Hiya,

Fear this can only be done by a new model by Manfred. Can not be done via a repaint.

Marcel

Hi!

I have the modified PBR-model with Tofun's rivets (courtesy of Manfred!), which I have wanted to upload for some time now ... and always forgot about it. However, this is the German Air Force Flight Calibration version with an additional TACAN antenna, two new ADF antennas, and the additional ILS antenna for the calibration equipment on the top - so I am not sure, if it helps you ...

BR,

Seawing

top image hosting

Seawing, I sent you a PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seawing View Post
    Hi!

I have the modified PBR-model with Tofun's rivets (courtesy of Manfred!), which I have wanted to upload for some time now ... and always forgot about it. However, this is the German Air Force Flight Calibration version with an additional TACAN antenna, two new ADF antennas, and the additional ILS antenna for the calibration equipment on the top - so I am not sure, if it helps you ...

BR,

Seawing

top image hosting
    Last edited by gray eagle; June 27th, 2020 at 12:02.

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by seawing View Post
    Hi!

BR,

Seawing
    Please release it! :-)

Marcel

PS
    Yes i know, getting it ready for the release is the most boring part...

Still have to release to "Princes" in 2020 livery in PBR.

Maybe with the model that seawing has your "princess" would look much better without those Rebecca antennas.

Quote Originally Posted by mgr View Post
    Hi,

Marcel

PS

Hi,

Marcel

PS

That paint is awesome! Princess's name? NC

Hi,

Marcel

PS

That paint is awesome! Princess's name? NC

Princess Amelia?

Hi,

Marcel

PS

That paint is awesome! Princes Amalia! NC

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    That paint is awesome! Princes Amalia! NC
    Hey Pete,

Think I saw that one over here

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/24305/fsx-douglas-c-47-skytrain-dc-3-mega-pack/#

Waiting to hear from seawing and his German model. Think he may of retired for the day over there.

Hi,

Marcel

PS

This beautiful aircraft has an interesting history

https://willem.com/blog/2019-10-19_f...classic-plane/

You can use TuFun's rivets and panel line layers on the older models. But you will lose some rivet detail around the rear fuselage. (top and bottom)
    I have been working on updating my paints slowly. The thing is there are some detail layers missing from Tufun's pk that I have been adding back to it.
    It will be a while before I can get back into photoshop as I have been busy with real world stuff. Here is my NARF paint that still needs a lot of work to finish.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Hi Gents,

I'll do my best to put it together and release here at SOH today or tomorrow.
    I'll let you know when it's uploaded.

Cheers,

Seawing

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Hey Pete,

Think I saw that one over here
    https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/24305/fsx-douglas-c-47-skytrain-dc-3-mega-pack/#
    Waiting to hear from seawing and his German model. Think he may of retired for the day over there.
    These are different repaints, not mine. ;-)

My repaint, "non-PBR" of the PH-PBA can be found here (includes cockpit repaint):

DOWNLOAD:
    https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fsxacrp&DLID=209530

Did also some WWII repaint of the PH-PBA:

DOWNLOAD: https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=p3dacrp&DLID=211990

DOWNLOAD:
    https://library.avsim.net/esearch.ph...rp&DLID=212246

Marcel

That looks awesome Looking forward to that. Are you having to add the TF rivet to each paint or do you use a different model?

Quote Originally Posted by Butcherbird17 View Post
    You can use TuFun's rivets and panel line layers on the older models. But you will lose some rivet detail around the rear fuselage. (top and bottom)
    I have been working on updating my paints slowly. The thing is there are some detail layers missing from Tufun's pk that I have been adding back to it.
    It will be a while before I can get back into photoshop as I have been busy with real world stuff. Here is my NARF paint that still needs a lot of work to finish.

Joe

Thanks Marcel - I like what you've done with this - The cockpit and exterior look awesome.

These are different repaints, not mine. ;-)

My repaint, "non-PBR" of the PH-PBA can be found here (includes cockpit repaint):

DOWNLOAD:
    https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fsxacrp&DLID=209530

Did also some WWII repaint of the PH-PBA:

DOWNLOAD: https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=p3dacrp&DLID=211990

DOWNLOAD:
    https://library.avsim.net/esearch.ph...rp&DLID=212246

Marcel

Butch,

Here are the difference's between the 2 paint kits. The first one is Gman's (for the FSX models) the last 2 are of Tufun's (PBR/P3D model).

On Tufun's you can see the addition of the Bottom rear fuselage (below the door) just in front of the nose.

And the top of the rear fuselage just to the right of the nacelles.

And this is on the FSX no antenna model and you can see the rivet detail above the door is missing using Tufun's rivet layers. The only way to fix
    this is if Manfred recompiled the PBR model without the antenna's attached.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by Butcherbird17 View Post
    Butch,

Here are the difference's between the 2 paint kits. The first one is Gman's (for the FSX models) the last 2 are of Tufun's (PBR/P3D model).

On Tufun's you can see the addition of the Bottom rear fuselage (below the door) just in front of the nose.

And the top of the rear fuselage just to the right of the nacelles.

And this is on the FSX no antenna model and you can see the rivet detail above the door is missing using Tufun's rivet layers. The only way to fix
    this is if Manfred recompiled the PBR model without the antenna's attached.

Joe

Thanks for the info. I guess is all depends on what model you wrap the detail rivet paint around. It would be nice if the model.C47_2 (No antennas) were inclusive of the PBR rivet
    work. I had asked Manfred about this and he has pretty much thrown in the towel of the C-47 project sigh..... I asked Mr Madison about this and I've not received any response. Unless some sort of a miracle comes along, I guess I'm sol....
    But I am interested in what you are doing there and would like a copy when finished please.

Thanks

Ok, 14+01 is uploaded and should be available from the library soon!

BR,

Seawing

Hiya,

Thanks for the info. I guess is all depends on what model you wrap the detail rivet paint around. It would be nice if the model.C47_2 (No antennas) were inclusive of the PBR rivet
    work. I had asked Manfred about this and he has pretty much thrown in the towel of the C-47 project sigh..... I asked Mr Madison about this and I've not received any response. Unless some sort of a miracle comes along, I guess I'm sol....
    But I am interested in what you are doing there and would like a copy when finished please.
    Got the same answer from Manfred. Understandable if you know the process it takes to create a new model version, lot of different steps, with every step a possibility something goes wrong and you have to start all over.

Note 9 months ago Manfred DID make a special version of the model.C47_2, WITH the new texture mapping (for the new detailed rivits) YET WITHOUT the PBR mapping (was still a hardcore FSX user then).
    Can ask Manfred or i can redistribute for further repaints if need. So this get's you the detailed rivet's yet NO PBR.

Marcel

Hiya,

Got the same answer from Manfred. Understandable if you know the process it takes to create a new model version, lot of different steps, with every step a possibility something goes wrong and you have to start all over.

Note 9 months ago Manfred DID make a special version of the model.C47_2, WITH the new texture mapping (for the new detailed rivits) YET WITHOUT the PBR mapping (was still a hardcore FSX user then).
    Can ask Manfred or i can redistribute for further repaints if need. So this get's you the detailed rivet's yet NO PBR.

Marcel
    Manfred told me you had same interest. I can now understand that the process(s) would take a lot of time and effort to do.
    I did not know about the special version you mentioned. I'm all in with you asking Manfred or your redistribution efforts.
    If your can do this, that would be great!

Thanks

Marcel,

I sent you a PM about this. To quote Manfred:

"I vaguely remember that but have lost track. Actually, he might have included that model in a repaint package"

Hiya,

Marcel

Marcel,

I sent you a PM about this. To quote Manfred:

"I vaguely remember that but have lost track. Actually, he might have included that model in a repaint package"
    With all due respect, gray eagle, if I want to reply to any of this in this or any other thread I'll do it myself. What I do not want is having my PM's - that's Private Messages - quoted publicly.

--Manfred

Members who have read this thread: 0