Ctrl-Ezy F-14 Tomcat announcement - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ctrl-Ezy F-14 Tomcat announcement

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    So, lots of Tomcats and that's all good. Something for everyone price-wise, feature-wise, etc.

Now if someone would just add a Mirage F1 to their to build list that would be awesome.
    Doubt you'll get a mirage... the whole dassault thing is the issue there. It's why you dont see the honda jet either.

ooops I said the words honda and jet together. Be ready for the cease and desist orders.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    The Harrier is coming.
    Best regards, Manfred.

The Harrier is coming.
    This is very great news!!! Which version? Gr.1-3, Sea Harrier, Gr.5-9, AV-8A, AV-8B, Plus version? I love Harrier. Do you think about CtrlE line? Maybe its a good idea to do this model as full modelled? No any competitors on market P3D for Harrier so it could be a full version with higher price. First day to purchase for me!

+1 for Gr.3
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

GR3 is planned. It will be a standard AH product with full cockpit. One or two other things t do first!

GR3 is planned. It will be a standard AH product with full cockpit. One or two other things t do first!
    Wow, dreams come true.
    Fantastic!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    So, lots of Tomcats and that's all good. Something for everyone price-wise, feature-wise, etc.

Now if someone would just add a Mirage F1 to their to build list that would be awesome.
    Wasn't SSW doing that one? What ever happened to their Mirage project?
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

Quote Originally Posted by odourboy View Post
    Wasn't SSW doing that one? What ever happened to their Mirage project?
    Yes, it was originally going to be developed in parallel with their Fiat G.91 but then was sidelined for some reason. They tend to only develop aircraft operated by the Italian Air Force so not sure why they were interested in the Mirage. The Gina was released and even given away for free at SimMarket this past April but nothing more on the Mirage.

And of course Razbam said they were going to make a series like they did with the A-7 and A-4 before that. This was back in 2011 but it was also at the time they were throwing up a rendered image of anything any other developer hinted at.

Dassault doesn't tend to have an issue with models being made of their older aircraft. Their issue in the past was that the developer included "Dassault" in the title and was selling more Rafales than Dassault was. The M2M Mirage 2000 was cleverly not even named Mirage. The F1 has a new lease on life since most of the retired French and Spanish stock have been bought by ATAC and Draken to be used as adversary aircraft.

Anyway, I will continue to lobby for a fresh Mirage F1 to any developer who will listen.

Oh developers do listen but there are subjects that no matter how desirable (yes we have looked into the Mirage 1) cannot be produced because of legal issues which bind a developer up in litigation and costs. There are those manufacturers who do not care about what happens in the simulation world and those that employ legal departments whose sole purpose is to track down and "kill"any unauthorised replication of their products.

There are at least three aircraft manufacturers that I can think of straight away, who follow that path.

We will not risk our health and happiness for anybody over a computer game add-on. Sorry.

If somebody else wants to take the risk then go right ahead.

Three requests ...

1. Stop all other projects.
    2. Focus "solely" on the GR3.
    3. Take my money ……

Soooo looking forward to this one

Yes, I would totally agree with Gary -but that's maybe better a part of another thread, this one has been started to announce the Ctrl-Ezy F-14 Tomcat ...
    Best regards, Manfred.

I would like to think I understood the relevance of discussing an add-on (albeit a fantastic job - an extraordinary piece of work) for an entirely different simulator, here on a P3D forum., but I don't. Can you fly the DCS F14 in P3D? When you can, you might have a point. Until then you don't. If they bring it to MSFS, good for them - we would not want to attempt to match such a product for that sim.

Does it really matter how many of a particular subject there are out there? Does it harm anybody? Does anybody have to buy? Does there have to be an explanation? No to those three and if there is a risk then it is ours and ours alone it won't have cost you a brass cent.

I would respectfully suggest that people stop worrying over whether we have made the right decision or not and start worrying about more important things in the world right now.

We will know whether our business decisions are correct in the fullness of time. Until then we will not be stopping developing Ctrl/Ezy. So for those interested, there's a pretty strong lineup coming down the pipe.
    To me, the relevance is the conversation subject matter, not the simulator. Had no idea that this product line was an AH brand. Good luck with it.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Hey Dino,

By Super Tomcat, are you referring to the "D" or the Tomcat 21 that was on the drawing boards to replace the F-14D? If it is the Tomcat 21 (sometimes referred to as the "Super") that would be a great addition! If so, please do not abandon it as it will fit a niche in the Tomcat legend.

Just my $.02,
    Odie

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

Members who have read this thread: 0