Ctrl-Ezy F-14 Tomcat announcement
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ctrl-Ezy F-14 Tomcat announcement

Ctrl-Ezy F-14 Tomcat announcement

New announcement for Ctrl+E line:

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I don't get it...
    For Tomcat lovers, there are already two choices: a payware, high complexity one by Aerosoft, and a freeware that can also be started by CTRL+E by Dino.
    Both are absolutely beautiful.
    Both have functional load manager and even functional weapons.

What could CTRL-Ezy bring here, exactly ? What would be the point of *buying* a Tomcat with incomplete VC and no systems at all, instead of just using the freeware Tomcat by Dino ? It doesn't make any sense...

It doesn't need to make sense my friend.

Can never get enough Tomcats, Phantoms, Spitfires and Mustangs.

Nice to see the Jaguar is on the way as well per comments on FB

[COLOR=var(--primary-text)][COLOR=var(--primary-text)]Is the Jaguar still in the pipeline?

[/COLOR]

• [COLOR=var(--secondary-text)]Like[/COLOR]

• [COLOR=var(--placeholder-icon)] · [/COLOR][COLOR=var(--secondary-text)]Reply[/COLOR]
    • [COLOR=var(--placeholder-icon)] · [/COLOR]1 h

[/COLOR]

• [COLOR=var(--primary-text)]It most certainly is. More than likely ahead of the F14

[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    I don't get it...
    For Tomcat lovers, there are already two choices: a payware, high complexity one by Aerosoft, and a freeware that can also be started by CTRL+E by Dino.

What could CTRL-Ezy bring here, exactly ? What would be the point of *buying* a Tomcat with incomplete VC and no systems at all, instead of just using the freeware Tomcat by Dino ? It doesn't make any sense...
    Plus DCD posted one on his facebook page the other day so it could possibly be another inbound

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    I don't get it...

Whilst I think many seasoned flight simmers would agree with you, as I pointed out in my review of the Control-Ezy Pucara, I think part of the purpose of Control-Ezy is geared toward a marketing push for the new MS flight sim. I could be wrong about that of course, but it would seem to make sense for a forward-looking company to address such potential markets and get in on the ground floor so to speak, by creating a brand geared toward the many console users who'll be looking for quick to install fun stuff.

Beyond this, whilst on the face of it it might not appear to make much sense to produce a payware product when there are freebie ones around, but the fact is that lots of people prefer the (either perceived or real) convenience of buying something which is seen as a simple install when they are not especially au fait with the freeware scene, particularly when, either rightly or wrongly, a lot of freebies require one to search for supporting files and sometimes necessitate a bit of moving folders and such, which not everyone is comfortable with. Not all freeware is like that of course, but if it can be perceived that way sometimes and that creates a niche for a product, you can't blame AH for exploiting such an opportunity.

Nice to see the Jaguar
    Ahhh, yes, Jaguar was on the list also. Id like to see it!
    Hope with full VC (but only part will be modelled).

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Huge Tomcat fan here. It's pretty much all I fly in sims, P3D, DCS... I'm always excited to see new Tomcats for the flight sim and I know it's early, but the model is wrong. From the cockpit, they are modeling a D with the updated avionics and NACES ejection seat. The chin pod with TCS is from the A and B model. The D model had a dual pod with TCS and IR.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails D Chin Pod.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    It doesn't need to make sense my friend.
    This looks very nice. If it's as nicely done and priced the same as the Pucara I'm in again.

Same plan on the VC as the Pucara?

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    and priced the same as the Pucara I'm in again.
    Yes (I think).

We will be adding more cockpit for those that have VR. Although not technically developed for VR userswe do understsand the frustrations of running out of visible reference beyond 90 degrees. It will NOT be a full function cockpit but will adhere to our Ctrl?Ezy specification of a working 3D panel with the basics.

Quote Originally Posted by evvatc View Post
    Huge Tomcat fan here. It's pretty much all I fly in sims, P3D, DCS... I'm always excited to see new Tomcats for the flight sim and I know it's early, but the model is wrong. From the cockpit, they are modeling a D with the updated avionics and NACES ejection seat. The chin pod with TCS is from the A and B model. The D model had a dual pod with TCS and IR.

Thanks, yes, we've spotted that and are adding the twin-pod.

We will be adding more cockpit for those that have VR. Although not technically developed for VR userswe do understsand the frustrations of running out of visible reference beyond 90 degrees. It will NOT be a full function cockpit but will adhere to our Ctrl?Ezy specification of a working 3D panel with the basics.
    Nice decision Its not good news for VR users only, for Track IR users also.
    Btw. For incoming Sepecat Jaguar too?

Thank you, Baz! I'm excited to join the Ctrl-Ezy fan club.

Last night I decided to try a couple of planes I'd downloaded (in VR): Rob's F2H Banshee and the Iris C-27. The Banshee was a blast, even though it's not high-detail, it's fun to cruise around and imagine the early jet pilots. I spent more than 5 minutes just trying to figure out how to start the engines on the C-27, because Ctrl-E doesn't work. I flew it for a few and was impressed, but went back to the Banshee for the evening's simulation flight.*

I'm totally more an "experience" guy than a "system simulations" guy, so I'm really looking forward to what you have coming down the pipe.

(Not knocking the C-27 -- it's great, and it still works fine in P3D V5 -- but it's a level of system complexity I'll only invest in for a few planes.)

Is it just me or is the canopy shape a little -- off? I also don't understand how this fits...but, to each their own. If you want the greatest sim experience in a Gen3+ aircraft, go Heatblur F-14A/B Tomcat for DCS. Nothing even comes close. It's the most detailed module I've ever used in any sim. Ever. Down to the sarcrastic remarks from Jester (your AI RIO - yes that's right) when you can't hook up to the basket, miss a trap, 3-wire, almost hit the ground...you name, they thought of it. Including your 80's walkman - which you can preload with any music you want and listen in sim. The entire aircraft was laser scanned including the VC. So the shape is 100% accurate for everything down to the hardware.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

I would like to think I understood the relevance of discussing an add-on (albeit a fantastic job - an extraordinary piece of work) for an entirely different simulator, here on a P3D forum., but I don't. Can you fly the DCS F14 in P3D? When you can, you might have a point. Until then you don't. If they bring it to MSFS, good for them - we would not want to attempt to match such a product for that sim.

Does it really matter how many of a particular subject there are out there? Does it harm anybody? Does anybody have to buy? Does there have to be an explanation? No to those three and if there is a risk then it is ours and ours alone it won't have cost you a brass cent.

I would respectfully suggest that people stop worrying over whether we have made the right decision or not and start worrying about more important things in the world right now.

We will know whether our business decisions are correct in the fullness of time. Until then we will not be stopping developing Ctrl/Ezy. So for those interested, there's a pretty strong lineup coming down the pipe.

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    This looks very nice. If it's as nicely done and priced the same as the Pucara I'm in again.
    Always 19.95 USD ( 17.70 euros at simmarket ) for anything and everything CTRL-Ezy. That means for example a A320 tubeliner - 19.95 USD , b25-mitchell - 19.95, Airco- DH2 - 19.95 ,Mi-24 hind helicopter - 19.95.

So 19.95 for the F14 and 19.95 for the Jaaaaaaaaagggg.

To everyone else who is wondering about the choices and the specification :

Boils down to a simple situation.

We are making planes we want to build and fly, and we think others might want to as well. Other developers may very well have made the subject before or are thinking of making one themselves. Great. Competition is good for you as consumers and for us as devs. The beauty of choice is exactly that... choice.

Lastly I will never understand the whole " this other video game has a better rendition of the subject therefore you shouldnt make it for the video game we actually use " type of post. I simply cant use heatblur's F-14 in P3D.

And we've always wanted to make an F14. We've been watching a documentary about them recently.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails screen-shot-2017-05-24-at-8-55-01-am.jpg  

Never too many Tomkitties! I have the IRIS, Aerosoft, Dino, and the DCS versions. I have found that each one brings something a little different to the flying experience. Variety tis the spice of life. Of course I'm the guy that sent away for Grumman's "Tomcat Owner's Operating Manual" when they first started producing the Tomcat. It was a company brochure touting the Tomcat's virtues. Somehow it stayed with me thru the years and now sits beside the Tomcat Sunset booklet they passed out at Oceana for the Big Cat's retirement in 2006 in my memento display case.

Looking forward to adding this one to the hangar!

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

My two cents here....being a Tomcat fan as you guys know!I may be wrong, but the renderings shown on this page are based on a Blender commercial mesh (available from Turbosquid) which is the same one I have been working on for the new version of my Super Tomcat.It is a very detailed and well designed mesh, and can lead to an excellent Tomcat model - I am sure the Aeroplane Heaven has the skill and knowledge to make it happen. Actually I am seriously thinking to cancel my own project, as I am sure that this Tomcat will be as good as mine, if not better and, as much as I love the Tomcat, I am not sure it is worth spending more time on this.An "easy" Tomcat is more than welcome, IMHO.... and another one from me, based on the same mesh, is probably too much for the current P3D market.Speaking of the market, I think the best thing, for us developers at the moment, is to do the planes we like in the way we like - since, as many users are waiting on the fence for MSFS, the sales are will not be great for anyone on any project (actually my last project is still at loss by 2k€!) - then, prepare your assests so that they work fine with MSFS... and eventually port them to the new sim.I hope this turns out to be a great Tomcat!

Thanks for the comments Dino, you are still one of my developer heroes. I see your name attached to anything and my card jumps out of my wallet. Looking forward to anything you produce.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    Plus DCD posted one on his facebook page the other day so it could possibly be another inbound

Yep, already well on it's way, was originally announced some months ago like my Concorde, and it'll have all three main versions ( A, B, D ) of the Tomcat along with all the usual DC Designs goodies; full VC front and rear, PBR, configurable weapons etc. It's for FS2020 only though - too many Tomcats out there already for the existing platforms in my opinion to make for worthwhile sales.
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

So, lots of Tomcats and that's all good. Something for everyone price-wise, feature-wise, etc.

Now if someone would just add a Mirage F1 to their to build list that would be awesome.

So if this starts to be a wishlist thread, I will add a Harrier GR1/3 at last! But those aircraft seem to be very hard to design I fear....
    Best regards, Manfred.

The Harrier is coming.

Members who have read this thread: 0