New NVidia drivers with GPU Hardware Scheduler.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New NVidia drivers with GPU Hardware Scheduler.

New NVidia drivers with GPU Hardware Scheduler.

NVIDIA 451.48 - GPU Hardware Scheduler.
    https://www.theverge.com/2020/6/24/2...tx-12-ultimate

“This new feature can potentially improve performance and reduce latency by allowing the video card to directly manage its own memory,” says Nvidia.
    If you install this latest update, you’ll get a new option in Windows 10’s graphics settings, allowing you to enable the hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling. A reboot is required to enable it fully.
    Open Settings (in Windows 10).
    Navigate to System > Display.
    Scroll to and click on the ‘Graphics settings’ link.
    Enable the hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling option.
    Restart your system.
    Looks interesting for owners of W10 v.2004. I'll install it Today.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Perhaps its a good option for VRAM.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Lost all sound after this update

Hi all
    Thought I would post here and see if anyone else has experienced this problem. After updating the this latest driver I have lost all sound. Everything appears normal and I have changed nothing. Unfortunately I know more about airplanes than computers so I'm hesitant to post over at the Nvidia forum.
    I uses a reasonably fast Alienware computer with Oculus Rift S and a GTX-1080.
    Any suggestions much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by aspen31 View Post
    Hi all
    Thought I would post here and see if anyone else has experienced this problem. After updating the this latest driver I have lost all sound. Everything appears normal and I have changed nothing. Unfortunately I know more about airplanes than computers so I'm hesitant to post over at the Nvidia forum.
    I uses a reasonably fast Alienware computer with Oculus Rift S and a GTX-1080.
    Any suggestions much appreciated.
    Did You install HD drivers? Check also settings of sound and use Default option for speakers, like here:

I use exclusively headset and none of my settings has changed - nothing is muted. I installed Nvdia update 451.48 and everything in my sim was normal and did not change until the update.
    I'm considering uninstalling this driver but would like to try and have it working.
    Thanks
    Warren

Aspen, do you have a Creative Soundblaster soundcard in your rig?

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

Hi Aspen
    Got the same graphics 1080, installed new nvidia drivers and all is ok. Perhaps you did a direct install with nvidia sound drivers (HD audio) and if that´s the case they override the ones you´re using. Got same problem some time ago and had to restore drivers for my on board (motherboard) sound. Best of luck

No Sound Blaster. I believe it is a Realtek audio card. I did do a direct install and suspect that something may have been overwritten.
    I'll play some more as soon as possible. The simulator part P3D V4.5 is working very well - it's these other things that come along that plague me.
    Thanks for the advice so far.
    Warren

Would be interesting to see if this new hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling has any effect on performance.

I'm not sure which element gets the credit, but the combination of the new driver under Win 10 20H1, the new mode set on, and HF2 has done wonders for my VR performance in P3D V5.

Quote Originally Posted by aspen31 View Post
    No Sound Blaster. I believe it is a Realtek audio card. I did do a direct install and suspect that something may have been overwritten.
    I'll play some more as soon as possible. The simulator part P3D V4.5 is working very well - it's these other things that come along that plague me.
    Thanks for the advice so far.
    Warren
    Realtek audio drivers here on board ASUS mother board. Check that speaker icon lower right corner and see what you got either (Realtek(R)Audio)or hd audio You may try to reinstall nvidia drivers personalize and uncheck HD audio drivers. This will remove nvidia audio drivers
    Regards

Thanks to all
    I uninstalled the audio component of the Nvidia update and reinstalled the latest Realtek audio driver and I'm back in the sound business - at least for the next few minutes.
    Warren

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post

Perhaps its a good option for VRAM.
    Where do you find this option, I've installed the new driver, looked on the Nvidia graphics options and also in W10 settings but I can't find it anywhere!

Thanks,
    Ian

Ian,

Do you have the latest W 10 update to 2004, as that is the only way to get the option.

I have tried to update mine as i am on version 1909, but not ready for my device yet?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails W10.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by IanHenry View Post
    Where do you find this option, I've installed the new driver, looked on the Nvidia graphics options and also in W10 settings but I can't find it anywhere!

Thanks,
    Ian
    Same boat,,,updated to latest driver and latest Windows but cannot find this option anywhere?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Display.jpg   WindowsSettings.jpg   GraphicsSettings.jpg   GPUSheduling.jpg  
    i9-10900k @ 5GHz | 32GB DDR4 3600MHz C16 | ROG Strix RTX 3080 Ti O12G Gaming
    i7-4790k @ 4GHz | 32GB DDR3 2133MHz | AORUS GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme Edition 11G
    Win 10 Pro 22H2 x64 | GeForce 552.12 WHQL | Oculus Rift CV1 & S | Acer Predator XB281HK G-Sync 4K | Saitek X52 | T.Flight Rudder Pedals | MS Sidewinder FF2 | FS9, FSX, FSX SE, P3D V2, V3, V4, V5, V6, FSW, XP 10.51, XP 11.55, XP 12.0.9-rc-5, AFS2, AFS4, FlyInside FS, DCS, MSFS

Nice but I do not get that..in advanced I only get my monitor specs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture1a.PNG  

Blog Entries
    Thanks everyone, I've just checked updates and it's given me the option of downloading 2004

Regards,
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by TeiscoDelRay View Post
    Nice but I do not get that..in advanced I only get my monitor specs.
    Do You use Windows 10 2004 build (May update)? I dont think ...
    Show picture with Version of W10.
    https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge...p-to-find-out/

So is that it, you need update 2004 for this to work? If so how do you get it when windows does not want you to have it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by TeiscoDelRay View Post
    So is that it, you need update 2004 for this to work?
    Yes, for sure. Only build 2004 has this (and newer in the future).

Nice and my windows will not let me download it...Ok found update assistant and it is now downloading 2004....Windows,,what fun!

Blog Entries
    This is great, I've just done a quick flight over Orbx's True Earth Great Britain with Active Sky weather, most sliders maxed out and I've been showing 70-80 FPS and no stutter! The world in P3D really is a thing of beauty.

Many thanks for drawing attention to this and also for the help offered.

Regards,
    Ian

If Windows says that your system isn't ready for 2004, that means it's found something about your hardware configuration that some have had issues with that haven't been fixed yet. (Such as multiple Bluetooth devices, one of the current issues.)

I updated my system anyway using Update Assistant, and it's working fine, but your mileage may vary.

Man, I really want to try this, but Windows won't allow me to update to this; yet. There must be something hardware wise that they aren't ready to release it to me yet.

Thanks for the heads up, though. I'll keep checking.

Members who have read this thread: 0