New NVidia drivers with GPU Hardware Scheduler. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New NVidia drivers with GPU Hardware Scheduler.

My GPU memory jumped from 6.4 to 7.1 GB just like that. What a difference! My Windows finally updated today. Hope it didn't break anything too much.
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

Quote Originally Posted by paiken View Post
    My GPU memory jumped from 6.4 to 7.1 GB just like that. What a difference! My Windows finally updated today. Hope it didn't break anything too much.
    Ditto on the memory jump. The windows update didn't change much on my system.

Mine updated to version 2004 today, but the option for GPU scheduling is no where to be found. Closest I go to it is the ability to choose between letting Win 10 decide, or P3D on max performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Mine updated to version 2004 today, but the option for GPU scheduling is no where to be found. Closest I go to it is the ability to choose between letting Win 10 decide, or P3D on max performance.
    I think you also need to have the latest Nvidia drivers for this option to work.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    If Windows says that your system isn't ready for 2004, that means it's found something about your hardware configuration that some have had issues with that haven't been fixed yet. (Such as multiple Bluetooth devices, one of the current issues.)

I updated my system anyway using Update Assistant, and it's working fine, but your mileage may vary.
    Thanks for the heads up on the Update assistant, that did the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    Man, I really want to try this, but Windows won't allow me to update to this; yet. There must be something hardware wise that they aren't ready to release it to me yet.

Thanks for the heads up, though. I'll keep checking.
    Download "Update Assistant" click on it and it will install 2004

Quote Originally Posted by TeiscoDelRay View Post
    Download "Update Assistant" click on it and it will install 2004
    Thanks, that did the trick! It didn't fix my terrain texture blurries (P3D V.4.4), but I can tell the frame rates are way more smooth than they used to be.

Ken

Yep! Installed the latest Nvidia driver, and voila! GPU scheduler appeared! NC

Same here on all the updates. The difference is awesome.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Same problem.

Installed latest Win10 2004, installed latest nVidia NVIDIA 451.48 - but GPU Hardware Scheduler does not appear at the above discribed path. Weird - but NOTHING works to me at first trial....that's a really annoying talent...

Any encouraging tips for me?
    Best regards, Manfred.

Quote Originally Posted by Manschy View Post
    Same problem.

Installed latest Win10 2004, installed latest nVidia NVIDIA 451.48 - but GPU Hardware Scheduler does not appear at the above discribed path. Weird - but NOTHING works to me at first trial....that's a really annoying talent...

Any encouraging tips for me?
    Stupid question, but have you restarted your computer? I had to restart after all the updates were completely installed. Then it showed up as shown.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by modelr View Post
    Stupid question, but have you restarted your computer? I had to restart after all the updates were completely installed. Then it showed up as shown.
    No stupid questions at all, things like that always happen to me...

But in this case, I did restart (for several times...). Still a little confused...
    Best regards, Manfred.

Manschy, when you installed the drivers did you choose to do a custom install and check the box to do a clean install ?
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Guys, my Windows hates me....

I did nothing else, restart my PC after having dinner and did a short investigation in the net. There was a little description how to activate the new nVidia scheduler and this description want me to make a right click on the desktop, choose "Display settings" and voilà: Doing THIS way, suddenly "Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling" appears!
    Believe me or not, this is my most used way to waste life time for get any success - doing things twice as much than other people....frustrating....

Anyway, finally me in fact get success. Thanks for all suggestions!
    Best regards, Manfred.

What are peoples findings?

If you use VR, is it smoother?
    Are you experiencing improved framerates on a monitor?
    i9-10900k @ 5GHz | 32GB DDR4 3600MHz C16 | ROG Strix RTX 3080 Ti O12G Gaming
    i7-4790k @ 4GHz | 32GB DDR3 2133MHz | AORUS GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme Edition 11G
    Win 10 Pro 22H2 x64 | GeForce 552.12 WHQL | Oculus Rift CV1 & S | Acer Predator XB281HK G-Sync 4K | Saitek X52 | T.Flight Rudder Pedals | MS Sidewinder FF2 | FS9, FSX, FSX SE, P3D V2, V3, V4, V5, V6, FSW, XP 10.51, XP 11.55, XP 12.0.9-rc-5, AFS2, AFS4, FlyInside FS, DCS, MSFS

Quote Originally Posted by dharry View Post
    What are peoples findings?

If you use VR, is it smoother?
    Are you experiencing improved framerates on a monitor?
    No VR here but improved framerate in p3d 4.5....much better now
    regards

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    No VR here but improved framerate in p3d 4.5....much better now
    regards
    Many thanks for the reply Beaufighter
    Win 10 Pro 22H2 x64 | GeForce 552.12 WHQL | Oculus Rift CV1 & S | Acer Predator XB281HK G-Sync 4K | Saitek X52 | T.Flight Rudder Pedals | MS Sidewinder FF2 | FS9, FSX, FSX SE, P3D V2, V3, V4, V5, V6, FSW, XP 10.51, XP 11.55, XP 12.0.9-rc-5, AFS2, AFS4, FlyInside FS, DCS, MSFS

SOH-CM-2022

Acceleration working with GTX970?

Hi,
    has anyone gotten the Hardware accelerated GPU Scheduler to appear with a GTX 970 card?
    I have 2 systems both with the latest Nvidia driver and the latest Windows 10 release (2004). The system with the 1080 card worked fine so I updated the older system with the 970 card. Did the same procedure on both: update to Win10 2004 (multiple reboots); do a clean install of just the Nvidia driver, and then reboot.

The option for Hardware Accelerated GPU scheduling appears on the system with the 1080 card but not on the other system.

Is this an issue with my system or a more general issue with GTX 970 cards?

thanks
    Gavin

Does anybody else notice a black flickering when the graphics card is on stress? I never had this before installing this new driver.
    Best regards, Manfred.

Quote Originally Posted by gavinc View Post
    Hi,
    has anyone gotten the Hardware accelerated GPU Scheduler to appear with a GTX 970 card?
    I have 2 systems both with the latest Nvidia driver and the latest Windows 10 release (2004). The system with the 1080 card worked fine so I updated the older system with the 970 card. Did the same procedure on both: update to Win10 2004 (multiple reboots); do a clean install of just the Nvidia driver, and then reboot.

The option for Hardware Accelerated GPU scheduling appears on the system with the 1080 card but not on the other system.

Is this an issue with my system or a more general issue with GTX 970 cards?

thanks
    Gavin
    I believe that the Hardware accelerated GPU Scheduler option is only available with cards using Pascal and Tesla GPU microarchitecture, not Maxwell which the 900 series used.

Blog Entries
    I have to laugh. I updated my invidia drivers, THEN I read this post. Naturally I dropped everything I was doing and updated my windows. No luck. I was still on 2909. Went to update assistant. Downloaded the update and kicked it off.. A couple hours later it crashed and advised me to restart the system. I did that twice,, The third time, I ran the updater from the microsoft site, and everything went fine, right up until it stopped working with a "We're sorry but your system cant be updated" error message. I surrender.. Will someone please just shoot me??

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    I have to laugh. I updated my invidia drivers, THEN I read this post. Naturally I dropped everything I was doing and updated my windows. No luck. I was still on 2909. Went to update assistant. Downloaded the update and kicked it off.. A couple hours later it crashed and advised me to restart the system. I did that twice,, The third time, I ran the updater from the microsoft site, and everything went fine, right up until it stopped working with a "We're sorry but your system cant be updated" error message. I surrender.. Will someone please just shoot me??
    Oh my, that really, really stinks. I have talked to a Microsoft support rep, but if I recall correctly, it wasn't easy. It took several phone calls, before I reached someone who I could understand..... NC

I hope you can get things resolved.

Blog Entries
    Oh my, that really, really stinks. I have talked to a Microsoft support rep, but if I recall correctly, it wasn't easy. It took several phone calls, before I reached someone who I could understand..... NC

I hope you can get things resolved.
    Much thanks Chief. I hope I can too.. At this point, the ball is in OrBx's court to see if they'll get the airports fixed. Till then, I can use FSX or X-Plane anytime I want to fly from home. I've got a beautiful little C90GTX thats not getting any attention while I build P3DV5 up, and I'm thinking it could use some..

Interestingly, mine didn't crash but I also got the message that it couldn't be updated yet.

Will have to give MS a while before my old computer can get the update

Much thanks Chief. I hope I can too.. At this point, the ball is in OrBx's court to see if they'll get the airports fixed. Till then, I can use FSX or X-Plane anytime I want to fly from home. I've got a beautiful little C90GTX thats not getting any attention while I build P3DV5 up, and I'm thinking it could use some..

Hi Pam

Off topic

How do you get that FPS count on screen?

I still have the FSX/P3D original lettering

Thanks

Roland

Members who have read this thread: 0