Downloading/installing P3D with only a "Hotspot" connection?

Thread: Downloading/installing P3D with only a "Hotspot" connection?

Downloading/installing P3D with only a "Hotspot" connection?

Ok bubbas, I know I will get a answer here, and probably pretty quick.

I have a friend who lives in boonies, about 45 minutes from Murphy, NC. There is zero internet available where he is. He can only connect to the internet, using a "tethered connection" to his PC.

He has a friend in town who is helping him build a new system. He is going to ask his friend if he could download and install P3D (most likely he will get Academic version) onto his new system for him.

But, alternatively, if he downloaded the individual files that comprise P3D, then it might also work for installation. And could he download over a period of days, instead all at once?

I checked into P3D being available on disc. Nope.

So what do y'all think? Workable? NC

Have the guy who is building the system download and install it and burn a backup copy to a CD. I don't know how the purchase system works but if you don't have to pay until you run it once and activate it them this would work. However, you need an internet connection to activate it.

Its a 23.8 Gig download an takes up 45.2 Gigs. Blows out to 48,000+ files in 2K+ folders.
    (Maybe a little less, I had to install a couple things into the game folder rather than to Documents.)

I think that getting it installed where there is a good internet connection is the best way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Have the guy who is building the system download and install it and burn a backup copy to a CD. I don't know how the purchase system works but if you don't have to pay until you run it once and activate it them this would work. However, you need an internet connection to activate it.

Its a 23.8 Gig download an takes up 45.2 Gigs. Blows out to 48,000+ files in 2K+ folders.
    (Maybe a little less, I had to install a couple things into the game folder rather than to Documents.)

I think that getting it installed where there is a good internet connection is the best way to go.
    I agree it would be optimum if his buddy can do it. I also advised him it would be best to run the setup and activate it at that time. Additionally, he is planning to use a Nvidia 1650s. Although it should run P3DV5, he would probably have to make changes to his settings in-sim, if I read specs correctly. He can afford a better card. I suggested he sell the 1650 online, and get a faster card. He's mulling over my suggestion. NC

Members who have read this thread: 0