FSREPAINT v. 2.25 is out!

Thread: FSREPAINT v. 2.25 is out!

Icon4 FSREPAINT v. 2.25 is out!

https://www.fsrepaint.com/fsrepainting/

Real time visualization of the 3D model as you repaint.
    Up to four 3D windows for simultaneous views of the aircraft from different points of view.
    Feature-rich built-in texture editor.
    Support for several major external editors, for those of you who don’t want to use the built-in editor.
    Ability to visualize the model in day and night conditions.
    Texture format and size conversion. 2.25.56 build 0
    Released: 17/06/2020
    --------------------

- much faster aircraft load times.
    - the program will not waste time scanning for aircraft after creating or deleting a variation.
    - support for 4096 x 4096 pixels textures.
    - support for PMDG models.
    - fixed: several aircraft models were being displayed with visual glitches.
    - support for aircraft designed with Prepar3D's new PBR material.
    - this version should find and work with aircraft installed under the ADD-ONS folder.
    - this version should allocate less Windows memory.
    - fixed: several "out of resources" and "Access violation" errors.
    - built-in editor: the color palette was enlarged.
    - built-in editor: rotate a selection is much faster now.
    - built-in editor: fixed: copy and paste were ignoring the alpha channel.
    - built-in editor: fixed: copy and paste were sending to clipboard an image larger than the selected one.
    - built-in editor: now you need to confirm all operations when using the texture tool.
    - new feature: export variation (under the tools menu).
    - new feature: now you can specify a texture resolution when exporting and changing the texture format.
    - variation properties and create a new variation screen: new fields - aircraft and variation paths.
    - fixed: AutoSave was not working at all.
    - fixed: when using an external editor, the program was not detecting when you've saved a texture.
    - fixed: when using an external editor, sometimes the program was showing "DIRECTX error (could not create temporary texture)"
    - fixed: now you can open the help file using the F1 key.
    - fixed: the auto update feature now is working.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Ted,
    I would of sent you a PM so here goes, In that C-47 texture/model you did, I wonder if this program could paint over the yagi antennas on the MJ C-47 and still keep the rivets?

I'm trying to remove those external yagi antannas, keep the rivets, and pin some civilian textures to it. My research indicates that the AN/APN2 was a WWII guidance system for bombing and night landing
    of parachute troops. Don't think Delta or American airlines would be interested in that system.

Again, I would of asked you in a PM but you don't do PM's, it is what it is......I am speaking to the model C47_2 which has no external whiskers.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Ted,
    I would of sent you a PM so here goes, In that C-47 texture/model you did, I wonder if this program could paint over the yagi antennas on the MJ C-47 and still keep the rivets?

I'm trying to remove those external yagi antannas, keep the rivets, and pin some civilian textures to it. My research indicates that the AN/APN2 was a WWII guidance system for bombing and night landing
    of parachute troops. Don't think Delta or American airlines would be interested in that system.

Again, I would of asked you in a PM but you don't do PM's, it is what it is......I am speaking to the model C47_2 which has no external whiskers.

Thanks
    The antennas are part of the solid model. They would have to be removed from the solid model. ModelconverterX does allow for the deletion of parts, but it only works if the whole part is deleted. You can't select individual surfaces. Unfortunately Parts often are made up of surfaces from multiple items in a model to reduce poly count and draw calls. So, for instance, I had to export the carrier to GMax and delete surfaces there, since the planes I wanted to delete also were part of the parts of the ship that I wanted to keep. I got lucky in that I didn't lose texture assignments in the process (which is not always the case). But you might get lucky and the antennas are their own separate part. Then deleting them and writing out the new model would be pretty simple with MCX. And the texture maps would still work.

The question is, can this program modify models, similar to MCX, or is it solely designed for painting? (I can take a look at modifying the model in MCX for you tonight if you'd like if you're not interested in trying it out yourself.).

Second question though... does your program allow for texture mapping/creation (eyes popping at the possibility!)? Then I'd be able to use this program to re-texture the HUP-2 Model so I could add two new maps to the top and bottom and shrink the side maps a little (so they don't have to wrap around the top and bottom of the fuselage)??? There's tons of space in the existing textures to add new map areas.
    Please say YES!

(I'm so hoping for a better solution for modeling than GMax, I just can't wrap my head around all the details, maybe a combo of this and Blender might be easier to use? I've done some animation work for ailerons and such, but I have so much to learn to get it right. I could do things I want to do in minutes in SolidWorks, but the interface of GMax is so befuddling.)

If not, it's ok

Thank you for this

Another question, though I will be downloading it tonight so I can check for myself. Are you able to rotate the model about a point? Or do we only have fixed viewing directions along a particular vector?

Can you hide surfaces and/or parts so you can see internal or hidden surfaces?

can you set up cut planes to look internally?

Ted,

Thanks
    Did you try copying the _Normal file to the _Bump file in the v3.1406 models/texture sets? You could use DXTBMP to reduce it to 2048 x 2048, or this program if it doesn't look right straight out using the 4096 x 4096 _Normal file.

Manfred would be the one to ask about any future C-47 P3D models. To busy with MSFS 2020 at the moment. P3Dv5 is not in my future.

As for the paint program that been updated but the features make it simple for those who may want to try. I use PS and Materialize programs.

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    Manfred would be the one to ask about any future C-47 P3D models. To busy with MSFS 2020 at the moment. P3Dv5 is not in my future.

As for the paint program that been updated but the features make it simple for those who may want to try. I use PS and Materialize programs.
    I assume you mean Adobe Photoshop... and Materialize?

Understanding you use those two (I'll google Materialize to understand what it does), does this program allow you to actually create/adjust the material maps of the models, or is it just for visualize textures on the model?

Nor is P3D 5 in mine...... If memory serves, I think you pioneered the rivet effect for the C-47. IMHO I think Manfred never did rivets, nor wants to or, knows how either.

I see you were pro active on rivet making rivets for a Dove plane and added rivits to one of the C-47 Models that went PBR (Gordon).

your #1816

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...x-oops!/page73

I sent Gordon a PM about this but don't think he looks at them.

Oh well... thanks anyway.

FSREPAINT!

Wow! Now that's a blast from the past!

I must have done 90% of my repaints with aid of FSREPAINT V2 before moving on to other means of repainting. Though repainting for me has fallen to the wayside, it is really nice to see this old product being updated.

Tommy
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 Gigs Ram
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1156
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    CORSAIR K95 RGB Platnum XT, PBT double-shot keycaps, Cherry MX Blue
    Logitech M510

To busy with MSFS 2020 at the moment. P3Dv5 is not in my future....
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    Logitech M510

Nor is P3D 5 in mine...... If memory serves, I think you pioneered the rivet effect for the C-47. IMHO I think Manfred never did rivets, nor wants to or, knows how either.

I see you were pro active on rivet making rivets for a Dove plane and added rivits to one of the C-47 Models that went PBR (Gordon).

your #1816

There are rivets in the NATS paint for C47_2 model.. it has the bump map for them. They might not be as pronounced as in the PBR model.

your #1816

I copied the 2 c47_x_normal.dds files from the PBR model to the NATS texture in the v3.1406 version (you can use them with any texture file set), renamed them to the proper c47_x_t_bump.dds names, and they worked fine. You do see a slightly more pronounced rivet detail. As I noted above, the rivet bump detail IS in the v3.1406 textures, they're just not as big. You don't have to resize the textures.

I found another problem with the NATS texture set.... the two c47_x_t_spec.dds files were being ignored by ModelconverterX. It turned out they were saved in DXT5 format instead of DDS 888-8 32 bit format. I don't know if FSX cares about that, but I converted them to the DDS 888 format using DXTBMP and ModelconverterX stopped ignoring the files.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    I assume you mean Adobe Photoshop... and Materialize?

Understanding you use those two (I'll google Materialize to understand what it does), does this program allow you to actually create/adjust the material maps of the models, or is it just for visualize textures on the model?
    Yes PS CS6 and Materialize for custom normals.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Annotation 2020-06-23 221139.jpg  

your #1816

An awesome author wanted a special paint for the dove and gifted the model to do the work. To do a proper paint I needed to update the basics.

As for the C-47 I did a different pattern to get smaller 4k rivets than the original paint kit pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by tommieboy View Post
    An experience of a lifetime!

Blog Entries
    How does one obtain the update? I have V2.23, but see no option to update the program on the website.

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!

Quote Originally Posted by euroastar350 View Post
    How does one obtain the update? I have V2.23, but see no option to update the program on the website.
    Update info is on their support page:

https://www.fsrepaint.com/fsrepainting/suporte.htm

Tommy
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    Logitech M510

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    I copied the 2 c47_x_normal.dds files from the PBR model to the NATS texture in the v3.1406 version (you can use them with any texture file set), renamed them to the proper c47_x_t_bump.dds names, and they worked fine. You do see a slightly more pronounced rivet detail. As I noted above, the rivet bump detail IS in the v3.1406 textures, they're just not as big. You don't have to resize the textures.

I found another problem with the NATS texture set.... the two c47_x_t_spec.dds files were being ignored by ModelconverterX. It turned out they were saved in DXT5 format instead of DDS 888-8 32 bit format. I don't know if FSX cares about that, but I converted them to the DDS 888 format using DXTBMP and ModelconverterX stopped ignoring the files.
    Matt Wynn is doing a c47 hi res texture revamp https://www.facebook.com/tigermousedesigns/?tn-str=k*F

Abacus FS REPAINT

Thank you for the info on this. I just went to their website and sent them my original Abacus purchased registration. Also found a copy at PC Aviator today of FS Design Studio V3.5.1 and so grateful. BTW its onsale if anyone still wants to get a copy before it disappears forever which i thought it did.

Members who have read this thread: 1