Bristol Beaufort for FSX/P3Dv4.5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bristol Beaufort for FSX/P3Dv4.5

Bristol Beaufort for FSX/P3Dv4.5

Henk Schuitemaker and I have finally finished putting the old Alphasim Beaufort into FSX and P3Dv4.5 and it's uploading as I type. My interest in this aircraft, which was obsolete at the beginning of the war in Europe, is because Arthur "Affa" Aldridge, my German teacher at school, flew them with distinction with 217 Sqdn. and I dedicate the work to him.

I've tried to recreate as many forms of the aircraft as it appeared during its brief operational career, including the Australian (DAP) version with P&W Wasp radials. While not strictly accurate it gives a presentable facsimile of these machines and there are 3 skins for it. There are a couple of issues (read the Read Me) but we hope you like it.

DaveQ

PS - First mistake! In the P3D folder, for the model.RAAFa, the model.cfg should read:-

[models]
    normal=Beaufort_RAAFrad
    interior=Beaufort_intRAAF

to denote the ASV-equipped Mk.VIII

The FSX folder is correct.
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Thanks Dave and Henk. I'll check it out when I get home from work.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    ​Thanks for your great work Dave. will download as soon as available.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

A beautiful job well done Dave and Henk. Especially like the P&W sound when at idle and it flies like the original Alphasim model flew.

Now to find those tins of olive drab or Jungle Green or whatever they called it and start splashing paint.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    A beautiful job well done Dave and Henk. Especially like the P&W sound when at idle and it flies like the original Alphasim model flew.

Now to find those tins of olive drab or Jungle Green or whatever they called it and start splashing paint.
    Foliage green...!

Glad you like it, Pat. The FDS is straight from the old Alphasim and makes for a very easy aeroplane to fly.

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    Thanks Dave and Henk. I'll check it out when I get home from work.
    Hope you like it. It is amazing what Dave has achieved with his artwork, specs and bumps to make such an ancient model shine again. As a matter of fact, Dave has done 95% of the work, I only helped with some technical conversion issues and new CHT/Fuel Flow gauges.

Henk.

Great to hear you have managed to get some life back in this old model! Would it be possible to share some screenshots?

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Lovely model but would it be possible to have some thumbnails for the FSX model please. Texture 217B and 217P are the only repaints with thumbnails. Thanks in advance.

Regards Paul Day.

Quote Originally Posted by paul day View Post
    Lovely model but would it be possible to have some thumbnails for the FSX model please. Texture 217B and 217P are the only repaints with thumbnails. Thanks in advance.

Regards Paul Day.
    Easy enough to make them with a screen capture (V key in FSX gets a .bmp file, open in Paint or GIMP or whatever and save as a .jpg), crop to liking, and resize to 256 x 128 image. Name as thumbnail.jpg and place in its associated texture folder.

Quote Originally Posted by paul day View Post

Regards Paul Day.
    Sorry Paul - so used to P3D now I forgot to make all of them. Here's a zip file with all in. Unzip and copy the folders straight into the Beaufort folder. I suggest you over-write when asked.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w5m77mavw2...nails.zip?dl=0

DaveQ

Quote Originally Posted by JensOle View Post
    Great to hear you have managed to get some life back in this old model! Would it be possible to share some screenshots?
    Here are a couple Jens-Ole.

No.100 Sqdn RAAF out of Tadji, PNG 1945

No.13 Sqdn RAAF out of Middleberg Island PNG 1945

39 Sqdn., Egypt 1943

OK, three!!

DaveQ

Hi daveQ
    Can we have some more screenshots please, especially A9-380. Thanks in advance.

Regards Paul Day.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveQ View Post
    Henk Schuitemaker and I have finally finished putting the old Alphasim Beaufort into FSX and P3Dv4.5 and it's uploading as I type. My interest in this aircraft, which was obsolete at the beginning of the war in Europe, is because Arthur "Affa" Aldridge, my German teacher at school, flew them with distinction with 217 Sqdn. and I dedicate the work to him.

I've tried to recreate as many forms of the aircraft as it appeared during its brief operational career, including the Australian (DAP) version with P&W Wasp radials. While not strictly accurate it gives a presentable facsimile of these machines and there are 3 skins for it. There are a couple of issues (read the Read Me) but we hope you like it.

DaveQ

PS - First mistake! In the P3D folder, for the model.RAAFa, the model.cfg should read:-

[models]
    normal=Beaufort_RAAFrad
    interior=Beaufort_intRAAF

to denote the ASV-equipped Mk.VIII

The FSX folder is correct.
    Dave,

Was the correct zip file uploaded? The one that I downloaded is named Bristol_Beaufort.zip which differs from the name Bristol Beaufort for FSX / P3d v4.5.zip which is the one I expected to see in my download folder.

Bristol_Beaufort.zip has some PSD files included, and may be missing the P3D texture folders?

Thanks,

Tommy
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 Gigs Ram
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1156
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    CORSAIR K95 RGB Platnum XT, PBT double-shot keycaps, Cherry MX Blue
    Logitech M510

Same issue here: P3D folder was missing all textures, panel, and sounds. I copied those over from the FSX folder and was able to get it up and running in P3D V5, but I'm not sure if that was the intention or if the P3D version was supposed to have different textures. Looks and flies great, though!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D® v5 6_24_2020 2_22_15 PM (Large).jpg   Screenshot 6_24_2020 2_25_46 PM (Large).jpg  

To save on download space the P3Dv4.5 folder had only the models. All else was exactly the same so copy and paste from FSX.

Also you can delete the crew at shut-down; set the crew weight to zero. Similarly the torpedo will come by setting the weight to zero.

DaveQ

To save on download space the P3Dv4.5 folder had only the models. All else was exactly the same so copy and paste from FSX.

Also you can delete the crew at shut-down and the torpedo will come off; set the crew/torpedo weight to zero.

DaveQ
    Thanks Dave!

Tommy
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 Gigs Ram
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1156
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    CORSAIR K95 RGB Platnum XT, PBT double-shot keycaps, Cherry MX Blue
    Logitech M510

Thanks dave! It is looking good!

I have childhood memories looking in ww2 aviation books about the differences between the Blenheim, Beaufort and Beaufighter :-)

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Also you can delete the crew at shut-down; set the crew weight to zero. Similarly the torpedo will come by setting the weight to zero.

DaveQ
    Oh and Henk added a mouse click at the base of the control column; click to hide.

​I found a Beaufort paintkit on the Virtavia site and hoping it will work for this model.

Cheers
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    ​I found a Beaufort paintkit on the Virtavia site and hoping it will work for this model.
    Yes it will. All my paints are based on it. The only thing you'll need is the ADF aerial file if you're doing an Aussie one, the foliage green and earth brown I used were researched so should be right, in which case just use the file in A9-380.

DaveQ

​Thanks Dave.

Cheers
    Pat

My old man was in PNG back then. Crete was earlier in the War......Army Signals ...

Thanks for the thumbnails DaveQ.

Paul Day.

This work over and re-release of the Beaufort is very much appreciated. I purchased it some time ago and in the meantime the Aussie PC vendor went out of business so I could fix the issue of needing an internet product verification to install. So thanks after quite a few years the Beaufort returns to the Hangar.

Very nice plane! Thanks and commendations, guys. It changed my plans for my morning flight yesterday, and it looks and flies great.

August

Members who have read this thread: 1