Prepar3d v5 Hot Fix 2 Available

Thread: Prepar3d v5 Hot Fix 2 Available

Prepar3d v5 Hot Fix 2 Available

The Prepar3D Hot Fix 2 is available. See the message HERE!!!
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Many thanks for the heads up

Good news! I'm very curious about this patch.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Good news! I'm very curious about this patch.
    So if you only need the install_client how do you get that to run - my computer tells me its already installed and won't install it.

Hoping I don't have to re-download the entire lot again......

Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by centuryseries View Post
    So if you only need the install_client how do you get that to run - my computer tells me its already installed and won't install it.

Hoping I don't have to re-download the entire lot again......

Any ideas?
    Go into Apps and Features. You'll see the three parts of P3Dv5 listed -- Client, Content, Scenery. Uninstall the Client part. Then after unzipping the huge P3D download only run the Install_Client.msi file, don't run Setup_Prepar3d.exe. If you deactivate when uninstalling the client part you'll need to reactivate, but no biggie.

I think you will have to download the huge file. Start the download and then watch a movie. Check on it halfway though and start the unzip. Should be done by the time the movie ends. :-) Some of us do this weekly.

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    The Prepar3D Hot Fix 2 is available. See the message HERE!!!
    Beat me :-)
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

The lighting is better, finally it is brighter and the cockpits are not so dark .

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Active Sky P3D is updated for HT2 - Beta #6 (B7479).

Blog Entries
    It seems to load faster. GTN is borked again. I didn't see Global Traffic loading, but the traffic was there.

I did the full update and all my settings were there. So far so good.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    It seems to load faster. GTN is borked again. I didn't see Global Traffic loading, but the traffic was there.

I did the full update and all my settings were there. So far so good.
    Yep. Too bad about the GTN. That seems to be typical between builds and for that reason alone I'm glad v4.5 finally settled down.

As long as you don't scrape it off (delete v5 stuff from %APPDATA%, %PROGRAMDATA%, and %LOCALAPPDATA%), everything should be remembered from build install to build install.

Quite a few of the rendering issues I had seems to be better with this HF, especially with transparencies and reflections. Before I had to adjust alphas and texture darkness for textures to show in a similar way between 4.5 and 5.0. I believe there is no such need now but more testing is needed.

oh get F-d ! it only took 5 mins to start up from double clicking the icon to the scenario menu where v5 and HF1, I had to wait on average 40mins for the scenario menu to display

boy that was quick and im over the moon they did fix that load time issue

Ok, I blame this on a combination of old age and generally being disorganized.....but how can I tell, by version number, if I already have HF1 installed?

As I understand it, if I DO have HF1 already installed, then all I need to do is uninstall my current Client, and install the new Client? NC

Chief, the HFs are collective, so even if you are not on HF1 you can still apply HF2. The minimum as you say is to uninstall the client (which will deactivate your license) and then install the HF2 client. When you restart P3D it will ask you to activate it again.

Personally, since v5 is still new I also update the content and the scenery in the same way. More downloading is needed but I'm sure I have the latest in all aspects.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    Chief, the HFs are collective, so even if you are not on HF1 you can still apply HF2. The minimum as you say is to uninstall the client (which will deactivate your license) and then install the HF2 client. When you restart P3D it will ask you to activate it again.

Personally, since v5 is still new I also update the content and the scenery in the same way. More downloading is needed but I'm sure I have the latest in all aspects.

Thanks Dimus.

Well, decisions, decisions. It's the same old story; do I install the minimum (which takes a few minutes at most), or the whole shebang?

Will wait a bit, and ponder! NC

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Ok, I blame this on a combination of old age and generally being disorganized.....but how can I tell, by version number, if I already have HF1 installed?

As I understand it, if I DO have HF1 already installed, then all I need to do is uninstall my current Client, and install the new Client? NC
    Control Panel will tell you.
    The version number for HF1 is 5.0.24.34874
    The original is 5.0.21.34709

Dave

New version of the F1 GTN is out already.

Ok, so I uninstalled the Client, and installed new one. Everything so far looks beautiful.

The only question I have, which I've not found a answer to, is: what improvements I am missing out on, by not doing a clean, complete reinstallation? NC

Navy Chief,

This link will tell you exactly what fixes are in which module (Client, Content, Scenery and SDK)

https://prepar3d.com/news/announcements/2020/06/116953/

In my case I just updated the Client and Content (still debating if I want to do the scenery, due to the size of that particular download.)

I hope that answers your question.

Happy Flying
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Quote Originally Posted by manfredc3 View Post
    Navy Chief,

This link will tell you exactly what fixes are in which module (Client, Content, Scenery and SDK)

https://prepar3d.com/news/announcements/2020/06/116953/

In my case I just updated the Client and Content (still debating if I want to do the scenery, due to the size of that particular download.)

I hope that answers your question.

Happy Flying
    Perfect, thanks! I took a look at the fixes for all of them. The vast majority of them are indeed n the Client. In the Scenery section, there are a few airports that I do not recognize, so I am not convinced I need Scenery reinstall, and the Content fixes were minimal; one of which I didn't even know what it did! NC
    Last edited by Navy Chief; June 24th, 2020 at 18:59.

I updated the whole shebang, because why not. I've found over the years that updating just the client can leave out some important bits in other aspects of the overall experience. (and LM does recommend a complete reinstall). It can be a real PITA to add in all of the extras like ORBX and such, but every time I try just the client update I end up with a real mess on my hands. Bite the bullet.

As for this update. Holy cow! I can now put all sliders to the right with traffic and such set to a reasonable level and my GPU Memory is down significantly from hotfix 1. Just need to get a weather program to match real world conditions.
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

To get all the fixes and not reinstall everything, I usually do the following steps:

1. Download all the files from LM (I have a good speed so it does not take long for me)
    2. Uninstall scenery
    3. Uninstall content
    4. Uninstall client and deactivate license
    5. Install new client
    6. Install new content
    7. Install new scenery
    8. Run P3D and activate the license

Then I run ORBX central and sync the simulator. I have most/all addons outside the root folder, including ORBX. Everything is working as expected and I have not wasted time reinstalling from scratch.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbearsailor View Post
    New version of the F1 GTN is out already.
    I updated to the new version (2.0). But, I still get an error message and GTN screens don't come on.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Managed to get my rig updated to WIN 10 2004, and the NVidia drivers updated through Geforce Experience. Running P3Dv5HF2 for my first flight, using ORBX TE Northern California, with Active Sky P3D Beta #6, and Active Sky Cloud Art for P3Dv5 Beta, my load time went from nearly half hour to just over 6 minutes, both on initial start up and on flight load. I only experienced one momentary "hiccup" about 30 secs after takeoff, with the rest of the flight being absolutely glass smooth. No stutter on takeoff or landing, and no slowdown to 2-3 fps about 3-5 minutes into flight, requiring pausing flight for scenery load to "catch up." Also, no "tearing" of scenery tiles nor low res tiles showing through. This was flying through mountain canyons on hazy day, with heavy vegetation autogen, in CR-1's new release of the Aeronca. Looking forward to a faster aircraft in a higher density area.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Members who have read this thread: 0