Mustang Around Vegas

Thread: Mustang Around Vegas

Mustang Around Vegas

After several years since last playing DCS, I've finally been getting back into it with the recent release of the P-47 and Channel Map. In doing so, I've also been getting heavily back into the DCS P-51D and going on a bit of a spending spree of late with the recent sale, picking up a number of other modules I've been eyeing for years, such as the Spitfire, Bf-109, MiG-15, F-86 and Yak-52. I am incredibly impressed by how accurate all of these aircraft are based on what I know of operating the real types through those that fly them today. I also finally learned, this time around, of the importance of/need for adjusting the sensitivity curves for my controllers, as everyone should. Dialing in proper curves has really helped fine-tune the experience for the better (with my CH Products Fighterstick and CH Pro Pedals, I use a sensitivity curve setting of 10 for all of the control surface axis settings for all of the aircraft/modules).

Here are some recent screenshots of the DCS P-51D-25-NA out of Las Vegas Intl using the Nevada map. As far as I'm concerned, this is the simulation of a P-51. I am so impressed by the accuracy of the flight modeling, systems, the visuals, and the sounds are so vastly better and accurate to life now than they were when originally released (coupled with the fantastic sound of the inner gun ports so correctly/accurately whistling when you pull G/change AOA). I also like that the K-14 crashpad has finally been recently updated from the (wildly inaccurate) brown color it had been before.

Last edited by Bomber_12th; June 22nd, 2020 at 17:53.

Last edited by Bomber_12th; June 22nd, 2020 at 16:19.

Beautiful John!!! Glad to see you flying in DCS! Maybe some day we'll finally get that MP flight in together! LOL
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

​***Amazing Shots*** Some L@@K Very Real!!

Patrick

Thank you Rick and Patrick. As far as looking like reality, DCS certainly has its moments. The only thing that really looks "cartoony" to me in DCS are the trees, which would be nice to see a total revamp of.

Members who have read this thread: 1