GAS C3B Stearman FSX FSXSE P3D - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GAS C3B Stearman FSX FSXSE P3D

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Thanks. Trying it now in FSXA. Got an error message. There is an extra space in the word sound for gauge00= for [VCockpit01] that needs to be removed.

I also noticed that the altimeter gauge is repeated for both VCockpits. Intentional?
    I noticed that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Spad54 View Post
    This only applies to the C3B. The duplicate altimeter entry should be eliminated the thread has been updated. No worries for the UPF-7. Also make sure that the GASC3B.cab file in the panel folder is copied and placed in the main Gauges folder for all simulators. I used the UPF-7 panel.cfg file for adding the avionics as a last minute addition and in my haste left those references behind. I did not notice the problem because that folder was already in my Gauges folder and the sim found what it needed. When I installed it to a second computer that did not have the UPF-7 installed the error made itself evident. I'm sorry for the bother.
    My Vcockpit 01 entry looks same as your corrections for (P3D V4.5)

This is my original entry:

[Vcockpit01]
    Background_color=0,0,0
    size_mm=512,512
    visible=0
    pixel_size=1024,1024
    texture=$panel_C3B

gauge00=GAS_Sound_64!FBGS_XMLSound, 0,0,1,1,SimObjects\\Airplanes\\GAS_Stearman_C3B\\s ound\\Stearman#19
    gauge01=GASC3B!altimeter, 220,300,100,98

Using winmerge the files are identical (for the P3D applicable entries)

https://winmerge.org/?lang=en
    Last edited by gray eagle; June 26th, 2020 at 15:34.

Reread notice

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    My Vcockpit 01 entry looks same as your corrections for (P3D V4.5)

This is my original entry:

[Vcockpit01]
    Background_color=0,0,0
    size_mm=512,512
    visible=0
    pixel_size=1024,1024
    texture=$panel_C3B

gauge00=GAS_Sound_64!FBGS_XMLSound, 0,0,1,1,SimObjects\\Airplanes\\GAS_Stearman_C3B\\s ound\\Stearman#19
    gauge01=GASC3B!altimeter, 220,300,100,98

Using winmerge the files are identical (for the P3D applicable entries)

https://winmerge.org/?lang=en
    Edit: I reread the bit about:
    The duplicate altimeter entry should be eliminated - so noted.
    Last edited by gray eagle; June 27th, 2020 at 05:11.

Product Update

The product installer has been updated. All you you good folks who purchased the model will receive an email to that extent. Its copied here for your convenience.

Your recently purchased product has been updated to include a transparent glass option, corrected Panel.Cfg entries, and .cab files in the Gauges folder. To access please redownload the product using the link provided for you initial purchase.

Finally the sales period has been extended as additional week.

Thanks all.

Quote Originally Posted by Spad54 View Post
    The product installer has been updated. All you you good folks who purchased the model will receive an email to that extent. Its copied here for your convenience.

Your recently purchased product has been updated to include a transparent glass option, corrected Panel.Cfg entries, and .cab files in the Gauges folder. To access please redownload the product using the link provided for you initial purchase.

Finally the sales period has been extended as additional week.

Thanks all.
    Hi,

I received the notice (email) of the update, thanks.

What you mentioned ^ about the transparent glass option has me curious as to what would have to be done to revert to the clear glass like it was on original release?

I like the glass the way it is now; I did not see any read me to clarify this and just wanted to ask.

I enjoy flying this bird and all the textures are very nice.

Thank you for such a nice looking aircraft.

Edit: I had the original release with the more transparent glass within the original model files; with this new release, I renamed it to distinguish it from the original release.
    That way, I have the original model files for backup - but for those that didn't have the original release, what options are there to revert?

page 13 of the users manual

Glass Options
    An installer is located within your flight simulator root directory in a folder designated "Golden Age Simulations". This will allow the user to increase the transparency of the windscreen glass rendering it less visible
    Last edited by Spad54; June 27th, 2020 at 06:36.

C3B Video

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Many thanks for this latest addition! Beautiful as always. I just got an email from GAS talking about an update for the panel as well as a new .cab file. I've already downloaded the windscreen mod. Did that also have the panel and .CAB fix in it, or can I just get that from the previous entry in this thread?

Thanks.

I added it to my Hangar also, next Stearman (3th from GAS which I have). Will check in P3Dv5.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Im joining to the party .

P3Dv5.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Great screen shots YoYo

Members who have read this thread: 1