Libraries

Thread: Libraries

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries

Libraries

My biggest pet peeve regarding XP sceneries are the amount of libraries needed for some airports.

The first thing I had to do when I first got XP was download about 20 different scenery libraries needed for some freeware. Then trying to keep them all updated. It’s a PIA. What a wonderful idea it would be to have one master library that all can contribute instead of 20 different ones. It’s gotten so that I refuse to download anything that requires more than one or two Libraries.

just my frustration showing.

I thought there was somebody out there who created a combo of all the various libraries as a single download?

Maybe they don't keep it up to date?

That was a year or two ago, though... I haven't kept up with it

If you don't mind missing objects and unless you already installed it from the OpenSceneryX installer, use the backup library that will get rid of the missing object warning if you're not too keen on hunting down every last minor library out there:

https://github.com/aussig/X-Plane-Ba...brary/releases

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the info. Will give it a try.

just saw a new Italian airport download over at flight sim.com. It requires 16 libraries.

no thank you.

I generally just stick to what the Gateway has to offer. Much less hassle that way.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    I generally just stick to what the Gateway has to offer. Much less hassle that way.
    Agree 100%

Members who have read this thread: 9