Bradwell Bay V2 FS9 reworked

Thread: Bradwell Bay V2 FS9 reworked

Bradwell Bay V2 FS9 reworked

RAF Bradwell Bay V2, by Ian Elliot 06/20 for FS9

This is a new version of the scenery i did many years ago and is a short hop across the Thames estuary from Manston

Originally a landing ground in the 1930's for aircraft using the nearby
    Denghie marsh ranges, Bradwell opened properly in 1941 and became the home
    of 23 Canadian night fighter sq flying Douglas Havocs, this was the start of
    an association with night fighter units that was to last the rest of the war
    with up to 20 0r more units flying a variety of aircraft including Bostons,
    Mosquito's and Beaufighters. Spitfire and Typhoon units also moved in to support
    the Allied landings in June 1944 and later to counter the V1 threat especially
    the He-111 air lunched V1 from out in the north sea.

Most of the objects are by myself, but thanks to Gary Burns (Gary20) for the blast pens and some texture's,
    and to John Stinstrom for looking over the scenery and making the Afcad more Ai friendly ( ive used his original Traffic file but changed the aircraft)

You will need my "RAF Manston 44 FS9" released 05/20, as ive used some of the objects from that scenery

Ive used the BSK Mosquito NFII as an Ai plane for the traffic, although not ai, it seems to perform very well and still looks good with reasonable frames with about 10 aircraft.

From the SOH file library, you'll need---

BSK Mosquito NFII Night Fighter for FS 2004.zip

BSK_Mosquito_464th_Sqn.zip repaint by RobH which is found in the CFS2 skins-British library
    This repaint seems not to have a CFG entire, so ive included mine,

[fltsim.xx]
    title = De Havilland Mosquito NFII 464sq
    sim = Mosquito NFII
    model =
    panel =
    sound =
    texture =464sq
    panel_alias =
    sound_alias =
    kb_checklists =
    kb_reference =
    visual_damage=1
    atc_id = GNFII
    atc_id_color =
    atc_parking_types =MIL_COMBAT
    atc_parking_codes =DH98 Mosquito
    ui_manufacturer = De Havilland
    ui_type = Mosquito NFII
    ui_variation = 464 Sqdn
    description = RR Merlin 23 - 1390hp @ + 12lbs Boost, 3000 rpm @ Take Off, 1480hp @ 16 lbs Boost, 3000rpm @ 12250ft (Climbing Boost + 9lbs @ 2850rpm

Members +
    Thanks for still supporting FS2004.. Great stuff indeed!
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Superb work and most appreciated, thank you! Doesn't seem to be in the FS2004 scenery section yet. I do have the RAF Manston 44 FS9 installed.
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

Doesn't seem to be in the FS2004 scenery section yet
    Thanks guys, think Rami's got some real life stuff going on at the moment, but it should'nt be to long

Great stuff Ian, many thanks.

Eee..takes me back...

Not much left of it now, and the nuclear power station (one of the earliest in the UK, which was decommisioned in the early 2000's) takes up a fair bit of it of the old airfield.

And this rediculous Mossie memorial , which is a shame, as Ian says, a lot happened from that airfield.

Cheers

Shessi

Great stuff Ian, many thanks.
    Shessi, In the read-me from the original i did 12 years ago, i actually gave you a thank you, i cant remember what for, i cant remember what i did last week, let alone 12 years ago. So for what ever it was, Thanks Again

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    And this rediculous Mossie memorial
    We have many "Mosquito monuments" in my country (crash sites), but none looks as odd as this one.

Cheers,
    Huub

Ha ha ha...I can't remember either!! But thanks for the thanks.

Yes Huub, obviously there were airfield Mossie crashes here, but when they put the memorial in, and I went and saw it, I was very surprised and disappointed for it to display a Mossie like this! (and most people who see it say the same thing). If money/skill was a problem how about a flying plan or side-view silhouette of a whole Mossie?

Cheers

Shessi

Very nice work Ian!

And this time I even got the AI working without any problems..............

Cheers,
    Huub

Thanks for the kind words Huub, but that looks like the Realair West Malling to me, unless, thats where you took off from, which is only a short hop across the Thames

Members who have read this thread: 1