Classics Hangar Fw190 released!
Page 1 of 19 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Classics Hangar Fw190 released!

Classics Hangar Fw190 released!

Ladies and Gentlemen,

we are proud to announce the release of the Classics Hangar "Fw 190 A, the early variants".
    Please check it out at http://www.classics-hangar.de

Please check also the announcement at our board:
    http://www.classics-hangar.de/phpBB3...c.php?f=2&t=71

Thanks to everyone who has helped and supported us in the past and we hope you get as much enjoyment out of our product as we had creating it!
    Mathias

Great news!!!

Of course now I am stuck at work all day
    Regards, Bob

Core i7-9470 4.4GHz 8MB Cache | Dual 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 | 16GB DDR3 SDRAM at 2300Mhz | 500GB Samsung Evo SSD | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | 1200 Watt Power Supply| Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit

:ernae:
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

waiting for my download to be approved !

Charter Member 2011
    very nice

so ... whats next .... swordfish?
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

So show off your screenshots, Lads! :d
    Mathias

At work!!!GRrrrr! The longing to drive home immediately is unbearable

Alex
    Dont grow up! ... It´s a trap!

..waiting for approval....

edit: ..downloading...
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Really nice! Very sensitive to fly, beautiful VC, and do I spot shadows under the gauge needles? And great framerates!

Won't have time to read the manual until tonight, so haven't explored everything yet....

Only problem I have is blurry textures, and I can't find a setting that cures this. The small stencils are sharp, but overall many textures are blurred.

Great sounds, very powerful, with that unhurried sort of tone that radial aircraft have.

Looking forward to further getting to know this aircraft - and how do I cure the blurries? I want to see all the beautiful details here!

Mike

Glad that you like her! :welcome:

Quote Originally Posted by mike_cyul View Post
    - and how do I cure the blurries? I want to see all the beautiful details here!

Mike
    Mike, check the handbook on how to enable 2048x2048 textures.
    There's also a nice writeup by Nick C that basically covers the same topic.
    http://www.screenshotartist.co.uk/fs...ngs_config.htm
    Mathias

... and do I spot shadows under the gauge needles?

Mike
    Good eye, Sir! Yes indeed, there are shadows.
    Mathias

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    Glad that you like her! :welcome:

Mike, check the handbook on how to enable 2048x2048 textures.
    There's also a nice writeup by Nick C that basically covers the same topic.

Thanks Mathias - I did look, in trying to find the solution, but I'm still getting blurred textures. FSX.cfg texture_max_load reads 2048.

Mike

Very nice indeed, cool VC, nice sounds, but I agree, the textures disappoint (see last pic for an example). The manual said change the FSX.cfg to allow 2048 textures, but I saw no difference.
    There are enough of them though! Wow, not much left to paint...
    Other small things I noticed: the wheels seem to have sunk in the mud a tad too much (first pic), and the tailwheel doesn't seem to rotate (taildragger?).
    The engine noise gets a nice whine when you're really in a hurry, normally it's nice and lazy. Doesn't feel like you're going fast until you want to land, what, 550 km/h?
    Very difficult to steer on the ground, but I may be doing something wrong...stick forward to unlock tailwheel?
    I actually seems rather big compared to the jug that I found to accompany it on my maiden flight, I always thought the P-47 would be much bigger.
    Anyway, enjoy the shots!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Is this the only plane with large textures in your hangar that does this?
    I ask since we havn't seen this issue during beta.
    Contrary to common fashion we have not stripped the mipmaps off the external textures. Would you check your graphics card settings for something like "force mipmaps", dissable that and see how it goes?
    Thanks.
    Mathias

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    I always thought the P-47 would be much bigger.
    Anyway, enjoy the shots!
    Get closer to the Jug and you'll see that it's almost twice as large.

Weirdo on the blurry textures.
    As I said, we havn't seen anything like that during beta.
    Will check on it ASAP.
    Thanks for the report!
    Mathias

One thing to keep in mind when editing the FSX.cfg:
    Whenever you open the display settings again from within FSX it will revert back to default 1024 pixel.
    Having said that saving settings to a profile as described by Nick C *may* help
    Mathias

One thing to keep in mind when editing the FSX.cfg:
    Whenever you open the display settings again from within FSX it will revert back to default 1024 pixel.
    Having said that saving settings to a profile as described by Nick C *may* help
    Yes, thanks, aware of that. I think we should wait and see what others say - if it's just my computer, then I'll have to see what I can do. I wonder if its a mip issue? If I find a solution in the meantime I'll post it here.

This is a great aircraft!

Mike

Yes, thanks, aware of that. I think we should wait and see what others say - if it's just my computer, then I'll have to see what I can do. If I find a solution in the meantime I'll post it here.

This is a great aircraft!

Mike
    Thanks Mike, much apprechiated!
    Mathias

The textures were blurry until I re-saved them with imagetool with no mips. All was fine after that! :woot:
    Swa se ðeodkyning þeawum lyfde

Quote Originally Posted by Chris H View Post
    The textures were blurry until I re-saved them with imagetool with no mips. All was fine after that! :woot:

I thought so.
    I'd like to find out though why some machines click over the mipmaps too soon though.
    Thanks Chris!
    Mathias

Charter Member 2011
    Sounds like the problem i sometimes got in fs9 when the textures had mip maps. Try zooming all the way in then back out, if that doesnt work then check to see if the texture has mip maps, if it has then just re save the textures with painting prog or dxtbmp with "has mitmaps" (or something simular) disabled. :wave:

Edit = looks like Chris beat me to it
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

Is this the only plane with large textures in your hangar that does this?
    Yes, it's the only one, the WoP3 P-47 has no problems, I've made a few 2048 P-51 & Safir repaints, no problems, fine detail. I've had a look in the texture files, and they seem nice and crisp, but they are blurry on the a/c?
    Here's a few shots to show it (and yes indeed, the jug is 'a bit' bigger!)
    Note the second pic, you can read the text on the jug, which is in the rear, but the textures on the 190 are blurry.

Ok, we'll put up a set of textures without mipmaps later today for those that have issues.
    I'll pass a download link on to you via e-mail when we're ready.
    Thanks for reporting.
    Mathias

How's the Focke Wulf regarding frames ?
    And oh, I'm doing the bank transfer right now, but my homebanking thingy says your account number is incorrect...the BIC and so on is correct, but I'm not sure whether you put the wrong bank account number on that page in the shop, or it's a problem with my homebanking system...or do I have to put the IBAN thing in there ? When I do that, it doesn't reports the bank account number is incorrect...contrary to when I'd put the 'normal' bank account number in it.

I'm not what you'd call familiar with transferring money to a foreign country...sorry!

Edit: when validating the transfer, it does reports the bank account number is incorrect...
    Please let me know about spelling and grammatical errors in my English, thank you!
    Aeropedia.be photographer
    Flightlevel.be photographer, editor and forum administrator
    So drink to the Black Cat PBY,
    Damnedest old plane in all God's sky,
    BB-gun for'd and a slingshot aft,
    Hundred twenty knots when in a forced draft.

Sony DSLR-A350 + 18-70mm F3.5-5.6 + 55-200mm F4-5.6 + 70-400G F4-5.6 SSM (all lenses made by Sony). All in a Lowepro CompuTrekker AW backpack.
    My Flickr photostream.

hinch
    Looks good, might check it out.

I never understand why add-on aircraft would use mipmaps though. Please release a set without set for download so we're not losing image quality when re-saving please =)