Light UP the Night Sky

Thread: Light UP the Night Sky

Kurier auf Stube...pauke! NachtPiloten's Avatar

Light UP the Night Sky

Ok the two Havoc Turbinlights are in the queue. Must have the eto_leighlights installed. These effects, guns, weapons are in the ETO add on - they were made for the Coastal Command Halifax and Liberators. The light fires just like a gun and stays lit for 15 seconds or so. It lights up everything in front of the plane (and other places too) for some distance. I tried the landing lights but they are not guns so really did not work well. Not sure how useful they will be but heck they are different. Did you know that the RAF actually made a mosquito with one of these lights!

Oh, tried to add a searchlight but the plane went all wonky on me and I could never get it right.

Will upload a revised Havoc I soon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Havoc_II Turbinlight.jpg  

SOH-CM-2020
    Wow, we are getting a whole menagerie of new beasts prowling the night skies . .

No doubt, this one can only come from the brain of a British engineer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

It might of worked better it the actual aircraft with the light did the shooting, and not trying to co-ordinate two other fighters to do it, that's the strange part about it!
    John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

Ted,
    Many thanks for these....great to have them in the sim.

Shame they were almost a complete waste of time, and John (great tex's..thanks also), unfortunately a ton of accumulators (batteries) meant no weight-load left for guns...dohhh! lol.

(Imagine today with rechargeable N-Mh batteries and LED lights, it would have vapourised the enemy out of the sky!).

Cheers

Shessi

lol Yea I know Mark, far to fat to fire!
    John

Keep it coming!

Wink

Are you talking about me or the Havoc?...lol..

An excellent looking model, we've been lacking a truly good Havoc/A-20/whatever for a long time. Far better than the old one in ETO. But is it just me or does the nosewheel assembly rotate the wrong direction when turning the aircraft when taxiing?

Quote Originally Posted by greycap.raf View Post
    An excellent looking model, we've been lacking a truly good Havoc/A-20/whatever for a long time. Far better than the old one in ETO. But is it just me or does the nosewheel assembly rotate the wrong direction when turning the aircraft when taxiing?
    Yes Rene front wheel is messed up, I'll mention it to Ted!
    John

Keep it coming!

As previously mentioned.... The Mosquito version.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture.jpg  

It (turbinlight) was a solution to a problem ; while the radar technology and fighter development caught up

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turbinlite

ttfn

Pete

One of the issues with a CFS3 turbinlite model at the moment is that so far no way had been found to make the light as a beam (similar to a searchlight as "The Helmore/GEC Turbinlite was a 2,700 million candela (2.7 Gcd) searchlight......)

Not that Ted hasn't tried.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Members who have read this thread: 1