Ugly lines in the sky, Geforce vs Radeon

Thread: Ugly lines in the sky, Geforce vs Radeon

Ugly lines in the sky, Geforce vs Radeon

Hi people, I have a radeon HD 6790 1gb 256bits, I do not remember if this ugly lines were with my first video card the voodoo 4500, voodoo was bought by NVIDEA the manufacturer of GeForce video cards.

someone has a current (actual) geforce GPU, that can speak about see the same marked ugly line, or if they look smoother.

they are a normal of graffic effects in cfs2 and running with all videocards included the actual (currents)?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lines in the sky.jpg   ugly lines 2.jpg  
    Last edited by Maxstuka; June 17th, 2020 at 22:05.

Check you settings if you can. If on Win 10 check the Windows 10 snafu / content thread.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Max,

Looks like your resolution is set to x16 instead of x32. Whatever resolution you're running, check that the last number is x32. This gives you more color options and should eliminate the lines.

Quote Originally Posted by _486_Col_Wolf View Post
    Max,

Looks like your resolution is set to x16 instead of x32. Whatever resolution you're running, check that the last number is x32. This gives you more color options and should eliminate the lines.
    Thanks you, I fixed easy setting filters and 32bits resolution.
    this is the new image.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails configuration.jpg   ugly lines fixed.jpg  

Looks much better Max. With only 16 colors your monitor did not have enough color options to blend and make the lines disappear. I run mine with an Nvidia GTX 750 Ti at 1920x1080x32 into the HDMI of the 32 inch TV installed in my simpit and still get 70-150 FPS. Depending on your processor, you may be able to do the same.

Looks much better Max. With only 16 colors your monitor did not have enough color options to blend and make the lines disappear. I run mine with an Nvidia GTX 750 Ti at 1920x1080x32 into the HDMI of the 32 inch TV installed in my simpit and still get 70-150 FPS. Depending on your processor, you may be able to do the same.
    what is the microprocessor of your PC?, You are using DDR4 or DDR3?.

I have problems with my amd fx6350 3900mhz 16gb DDR3 1600MHZ and the HD6790 1GB 256bits,
    I'm about to buy a gtx1660 6gb, but known it will be a bottleneck

HI Max,

Currently my PC looks like this:

Win 7 Home Premium
    8 Gbytes DDR3 RAM
    i3 530 Intel Processor
    NVidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti Graphics Card
    Realtek HD Audio Card

I run the HDMI output of the NVidia graphics card into the HDMI input of a 32 inch plasma flat screen TV and the audio out of the Realtek audio card into stereo desktop speakers with a sub woofer under the seat.
    I also have the 4 Gbyte patch for CFS 2 that allows Windows to use up to 4 Gbytes RAM instead of the sim allotted 2 Gbytes.

Except for the processor, this is about as far as you can go with CFS 2. I would like to upgrade, if my board allows, to 32Gbytes DDR4 RAM and an i7 processor to eventually run IL-2 Cliffs of Dover.

HI Max,

Currently my PC looks like this:

Win 7 Home Premium
    8 Gbytes DDR3 RAM
    i3 530 Intel Processor
    NVidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti Graphics Card
    Realtek HD Audio Card

I run the HDMI output of the NVidia graphics card into the HDMI input of a 32 inch plasma flat screen TV and the audio out of the Realtek audio card into stereo desktop speakers with a sub woofer under the seat.
    I also have the 4 Gbyte patch for CFS 2 that allows Windows to use up to 4 Gbytes RAM instead of the sim allotted 2 Gbytes.

Except for the processor, this is about as far as you can go with CFS 2. I would like to upgrade, if my board allows, to 32Gbytes DDR4 RAM and an i7 processor to eventually run IL-2 Cliffs of Dover.
    When I can download the 4gbyte patch for cfs2?,

Icon4

WHY?!!!

I really can't believe that people dosn't understand that this is a 2000 game built for 2000 computers...it WILL NOT perform any better on modern over engineered pc's. It is a complete waste of time trying to use huge amounts of RAM, high end graphics cards and exceedindly fast CPU's to get any more out of the sim.

Stop wasting your time, as the internal sim engine/clock will only work at it's designed max speed and graphics quality, and no faster/better...and computing power execeeded that back in the mid 2000's.

Just go and fly and enjoy the sim.

Cheers

Shessi

The hope of the 4gb patch was to fix the 100 plane cap but it gave mixed results and broke some things like MB.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Allen,
    My understanding of the 4Gbyte patch was to allow the sim to use twice it's originally allotted RAM giving you better frame rates, which I got when I first installed the patch. I believe what you're thinking of is the CFS2 Overload Patch which is a separate patch entirely.

Shessi, if you read my post a little more carefully you'll see that I told Max that this is about as far as you can go with CFS2 and my wanting to upgrade to 32 Gbytes RAM and an i7 processor was to be able to run IL-2 Cliffs of Dover not CFS2.

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    WHY?!!!

I really can't believe that people dosn't understand that this is a 2000 game built for 2000 computers...it WILL NOT perform any better on modern over engineered pc's. It is a complete waste of time trying to use huge amounts of RAM, high end graphics cards and exceedindly fast CPU's to get any more out of the sim.

Stop wasting your time, as the internal sim engine/clock will only work at it's designed max speed and graphics quality, and no faster/better...and computing power execeeded that back in the mid 2000's.

Just go and fly and enjoy the sim.

Cheers

Shessi
    Hi shessi!
    I do not agree

first time I play cfs2 with a celeron 400mhz and voodoo 4500 32mb.
    next I play with AMD Phenom 945 and onboard HD3300.
    next I added a HD6790 1GB 256bits.
    next added a SSD for install the sistem.
    next upgrade by a FX6350 Vishera running with the hd6790
    Next added to the fx6350 my new gtx1650 D6 4gb

All the time the upgrades improved better performance in CFS2, replace the SSD improved a more fast charge of cfs2, and the gtx1650 has the problem that can not be seteable in the CFS2 menu configuration,I fix it in the cfs2.cfg

This new video card gtx1650 improved a much better performance like the HD6790, All in mission builder is better, charge, better fps with VN Ships, included the Perlharbor ships.
    I am waiting the AMD AM5 plataform to upgrade in 2022 my pc with PCI Express 4.0 DDR5 or DDR4.
    Finnally I will play in the future cfs2 with many objects, targets, etc.

You can find it here in the CFS2 Utilities pages: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...tid=49&id=9735
    Thanks, but it not run, it get a menu with search the executable file, I select it but apeared this message.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dd.jpg  

Max,
    Have you tried to download it from it's source (CFS2 Utilities Pg 2)? My post acted funny when I tried to post the link so it might work if you get it directly.

Members who have read this thread: 0