Ctrl-Ezy FMA IA-58 Pucara released for P3D V4.5 and 5.0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ctrl-Ezy FMA IA-58 Pucara released for P3D V4.5 and 5.0

Ctrl-Ezy FMA IA-58 Pucara released for P3D V4.5 and 5.0

Hello Everyone

We have released the FMA IA-58 Pucara for P3d V4.5 ( hotfix 3 ) and P3d V5.0 ( Hotfix1 )

The following page has the details

https://www.control-ezy.com/product_pucara.php

We have made dedicated screenshot sections based on the simulator of choice. In the case of the P3D release you receive both 4.5 and 5.0 versions ( fingers crossed that the next hotfix doesnt break things! ) You can also find the manual to download so you can get a head start on the deep systems ( - the clue is in the name Ctrl-Ezy btw ) and there is a video as well detailing the start procedure , the loadouts and the "unconventional cockpit".

FAQs are updated and the contact info is the same as it is for AH releases.

If you want to find out more about CTRL-ezy there's a thread in the FSX forums that Baz started.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ts-please-read

Thanks for reading and lets kick the tyres and light the fyres... umm fires.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails showa.jpg  

Not my "line" but congratulation for this release!
    His external model and this part of VC looks very nice .

Last edited by YoYo; June 17th, 2020 at 00:51.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Love this in the manual.

732 cups of tea,14 packets of digestives were consumed during the building of this aeroplane.

Well done on a lovely looking model and will hopefully get to play with it later.

Quote Originally Posted by noddy View Post
    Love this in the manual.

732 cups of tea,14 packets of digestives were consumed during the building of this aeroplane.

Well done on a lovely looking model and will hopefully get to play with it later.
    No any ? ? ? ; )

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    No any ? ? ? ; )
    Well the Ctrl/Ezy production unit is so new we haven't had time to install the bar yet. Nice shots Noddy.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Well the Ctrl/Ezy production unit is so new we haven't had time to install the bar yet. Nice shots Noddy.
    It's on my list to help fund that bar!

Priller

Congrats on the new line!

Just to add some feedback, though, I was about to buy this to support the concept and the new brand, as I like the idea of simplified but realistic feeling planes, as I don't have time to learn detailed systems-level operation of everything I want to fly.

But then I saw the cockpit design and I chose not to purchase. I fly P3D in VR, and the "half-cockpit" isn't going to work in a VR environment.

I'd be fine with light detail behind the pilot. Don't need you to model radios or whatever might be there. But to fly in VR, there should be something visible no matter which direction you're looking.

I totally get the simplification needed to keep the price low. But IMHO not having a 360-degree VC is going to be a dealbreaker for many of us, particularly VR pilots.

(And my money is where my mouth is -- build out the rest of the cockpit, even in light detail, and I'll happily buy this and probably just about any fixed-wing future entries in the series.)

Ctrl/Ezy was never designed for VR. Our logic is that VR pilots would indeed be looking for more detail, otherwise why bother with VR? Ctrl/Ezy is designed to take basic simulation another step beyond the old 2D panels. This is the first of the line and as a concept it will evolve. We will learn from feedback what we need to make the Ctrl/Ezy idea work better but these models will never be like the standard AH line, that is not how they were designed.

Noddy, I think you understand the concept well. Obviously having fun and taking great screenshots.That's exactly what this is all about.

Just as additional background as a long-time AH fan and customer, Baz, and not at all an argument, I just wanted to add some background on my own customer profile:

Our logic is that VR pilots would indeed be looking for more detail, otherwise why bother with VR?
    For me, VR is about immersion in the flying experience, not detail/minutia. If anything, I find complicated planes easier to fly on a monitor, because managing switches in VR is a royal pain, and it detracts from the immersion. So a plane that looks and feels great but is simple to manage, for me, is the ultimate for a VR experience.

If I'm looking at the instrument panel and paying attention to systems, VR makes things more difficult. VR's about the purity of VFR flying to me.

I think a lot of VR fliers are about the visual experience, and just filling in the rest of the pit with polygons would solve for adding that portion of the audience. Anyway, I hate to be negative on a new product, so please take this as customer feedback from someone who wants to give you money and not as yet more Internet whining. I literally had two browser tabs open and was deciding whether to buy from you guys directly or from SimMarket when I saw the cockpit issue. $20 was an instant buy for me, but I would never consider a $40-60 Pucara.

(When I flew in the F-15 and T-34B in real life, someone else handled all the switches, and I just got to do stick-and-throttle. Didn't dampen the flying experience for me at all. I don't even understand hardcore switchology fans. IMHO that's not the interesting part of flying. ;-)

Thanks for the feedback. It is all useful in shaping this concept going forward. As other subjects are added, the 3D panel will become an evolving item.

The concept is great, I like to be able to just jump in and fly without having to read the manual for days. But the half cockpit is a deal breaker for me, as mentioned before behind the pilot doesn't have to be super detailed but to not even model it seems strange. I fly in both VR and normally and it'd bother me either way. For me the cockpit needs to be 360.
    Please visit my YouTube channel @ https://www.youtube.com/user/daledelboy

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Noddy, I think you understand the concept well. Obviously having fun and taking great screenshots.That's exactly what this is all about.
    Many thanks Bazzer, its easy to take screenshots of this lovely model.

The concept is a great idea, as I just like to jump in and go flying. It was clear that all models will be the same price and give the developers a chance to make the more unusual planes out there without the extra work involved of complex systems. But as you say over time the development of the models and their features could change, so keep up the good work and look forward to the next project.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    Congrats on the new line!

Just to add some feedback, though, I was about to buy this to support the concept and the new brand, as I like the idea of simplified but realistic feeling planes, as I don't have time to learn detailed systems-level operation of everything I want to fly.

But then I saw the cockpit design and I chose not to purchase. I fly P3D in VR, and the "half-cockpit" isn't going to work in a VR environment.

I'd be fine with light detail behind the pilot. Don't need you to model radios or whatever might be there. But to fly in VR, there should be something visible no matter which direction you're looking.

I totally get the simplification needed to keep the price low. But IMHO not having a 360-degree VC is going to be a dealbreaker for many of us, particularly VR pilots.

(And my money is where my mouth is -- build out the rest of the cockpit, even in light detail, and I'll happily buy this and probably just about any fixed-wing future entries in the series.)
    +1 for this idea, I wrote about it in different topic. It could be nice to see whole cockpit but the rest (behind pilot from arm) with only grey (+shadowing) texture without details + full canopy of course. It will be ok for VR users.
    @Bazz in this time You will can add in features "VR ready" so more customers including me. Less system = better FPS also for VR users. It makes sense .

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    +1 for this idea, I wrote about it in different topic. It could be nice to see whole cockpit but the rest (behind pilot from arm) with only grey (+shadowing) texture without details + full canopy of course. It will be ok for VR users.
    @Bazz in this time You will can add in features "VR ready" so more customers including me. Less system = better FPS also for VR users. It makes sense .
    In the FSX thread I posted that we had already tried this idea. It doesnt really work as well as you think it will. It comes down to the requirements of an external cockpit not being of high enough detail for interior use.

You have said in the past that you aren't the target market for Ctrl-ezy. Ctrl-ezy is definitely not made for VR, VR in my mind is all about immersion and that requires a large amount of detail to pull off well. I'm happy where Ctrl-Ezy is situated. Pretty sure Baz is as well. The target market for ctrl-ezy seems to get it.

Charter Member 2015

P3D V5 Too much speed during taxi?

Hello,
    I love this little machine but I think that the taxi speed is very high.. without any power
    How to reduce?
    Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win10/Win11 Pro X64

One of the risks with turboprops. You could try reducing the power scalar in the Aircraft CFG, SLIGHTLY. Also prop thrust SLIGHTLY. It's a delicate balance with turboprops as they spool like a jet. You need to be sure you are not robbing the engines of power/thrust when you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Emile View Post
    Hello,
    I love this little machine but I think that the taxi speed is very high.. without any power
    How to reduce?
    I don't have this product, but you should be able to use the mixture to set a low (ground) idle with a turboprop

Absolutely and a good suggestion. If you have a keyset or slider programmed for condition levers, that would be the way to go.

Good day,

Just wondering - since the Tomcat will receive a more complete cockpit for VR as indicated in that thread, will the Pucara be revisited to provide a more complete (modeled, not asking for systems) cockpit? I think it would be welcome by many that are used to being able to pan around in a VC view.
    This thread indicates that it was ruled out previously, but it seems like a mindset changed during Tomcat production.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTK View Post
    Good day,

Just wondering - since the Tomcat will receive a more complete cockpit for VR as indicated in that thread, will the Pucara be revisited to provide a more complete (modeled, not asking for systems) cockpit? I think it would be welcome by many that are used to being able to pan around in a VC view.
    This thread indicates that it was ruled out previously, but it seems like a mindset changed during Tomcat production.

Thank you.
    The tomcat will possibly be receiving a cutdown tub... not a more complete cockpit. It is also not being developed for FSX so can have more detail thrown at it than the pucara was able to have.

As we have said it is an evolving product range. We put out something see what works in the community , what doesnt etc. In this case the Pucara will not be retro-fitted with a tub.

The CTRL-ezy packages should never be considered for VR users as CTRL-Ezy is not built to be panned around in.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleRFU View Post
    The concept is great, I like to be able to just jump in and fly without having to read the manual for days. But the half cockpit is a deal breaker for me, as mentioned before behind the pilot doesn't have to be super detailed but to not even model it seems strange. I fly in both VR and normally and it'd bother me either way. For me the cockpit needs to be 360.
    I don´t fly VR ever but entirely agree with DaleRFU about the idea of half a cockpit being a deal breaker. Indeed it is for me regardless of price. Would buy it with a 360º, no doubt, plane looks great...
    Regards

Novawing24 did an in depth review on his Youtube channel.
    Shows off the aircraft well and discusses the Ctrl-Ezy concept.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tX80fH8RaY

Members who have read this thread: 0