Ctrl-Ezy FMA IA-58 Pucara released for FSX - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 38 of 38

Thread: Ctrl-Ezy FMA IA-58 Pucara released for FSX

  1. #26
    Warhorse FWIW I appeared to get both gauges to work. However, regarding ADF I had to use the tooltip to make sure. For example my chosen NDB had a freq of 260. Whilst the radio display said 260 the actual freq could be anything from 260.0 to 260.9 the decimal isn't displayed... use the left hand knob to change the decimal (it's labelled no.8 in the documentation). Should the decimal be displayed? I hope this can be looked into..

    As I was at low altitude I got within about 50 miles of the VOR and NDBs before the needles registered FWIW.

  2. #27
    SOH-CM-2020 WarHorse47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Great Pacific Northwest
    Age
    73
    Posts
    3,472
    Quote Originally Posted by HighBypass View Post
    Warhorse FWIW I appeared to get both gauges to work. However, regarding ADF I had to use the tooltip to make sure. For example my chosen NDB had a freq of 260. Whilst the radio display said 260 the actual freq could be anything from 260.0 to 260.9 the decimal isn't displayed... use the left hand knob to change the decimal (it's labelled no.8 in the documentation). Should the decimal be displayed? I hope this can be looked into..

    As I was at low altitude I got within about 50 miles of the VOR and NDBs before the needles registered FWIW.
    By golly, you're right. Thanks for that.

    The tool tip is so small on my monitor I never noticed it. The hidden digit explains why the ADF worked one time and not the next likely because I changed it without knowing. And it makes sense 'cause my other AH aircraft show and allow change to the extra digit. Guess Baz needs to update the ADF frequency receiver to display it.

    BTW - the next time you land, hold down your F2 key. Helps slow ya' down a little.
    -- WH

    If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

  3. #28
    By F2 you mean reverse thrust? Yep, already got it mapped to a button on my HOTAS X. Thanks for the tip though!

    Are AH active enough on these forums or should I perhaps use the contact form on the Ctrl-Ezy site I wonder?

  4. #29
    If you have a problem, please use the help desk or contact form. Thanks.

  5. #30
    I've sent a query, and got a nice reply (quick! )

    AH are working on the ADF readout.

    I'm still not sure about the temp gauges, surely they would not go to full deflection and stay there, from cold?
    If the engine temperature or fuel flow is showing a specific amount then the game is reporting that is that amount. When running a test gauge on the pucara we noticed that the gauges were reporting correctly the values. Therefore the gauges are working as per the game. To fake it would be a minefield. You would get the people who think we’ve chosen the wrong amount to increase or decrease the FSX provided values. It is safer for our sanity sake to let FSX be at fault rather than a perceived issue with fake gauges.
    The fuel flow gauges appear to be un-animated, power off, power on, as do some other gauges which I can live with and is understandable from a cut down panel/VC.
    It is cutdown but from a forward view point of view it needs to be as accurate as possible. And that means certain things which might not make sense in a ctrl-ezy point of view. So there will be gauges modelled that either make no sense or simply cant be made to work within the confines of FSX.
    We’re still growing the idea of CTRL-ezy.
    Regardless, I, for one, am certainly interested to see what's next in the Ctrl-Ezy line.

  6. #31
    To clarify I was on about the Tuyere temp gauges and not the combined engine 1 & 2 temperature gauge on the right of the panel which records a temperature build up from start and stays around 600 degrees C (in the green).

    Incidentally does anyone have the takeoff and landing speeds for the Pucara? The weapon loadout is for visuals only, so no factor there! I can find the stall speed online which is purported to be 77 knots..

    I'll experiment too - no one dies when there's a reset button!

  7. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by HighBypass View Post
    To clarify I was on about the Tuyere temp gauges and not the combined engine 1 & 2 temperature gauge on the right of the panel which records a temperature build up from start and stays around 600 degrees C (in the green).

    Incidentally does anyone have the takeoff and landing speeds for the Pucara? The weapon loadout is for visuals only, so no factor there! I can find the stall speed online which is purported to be 77 knots..

    I'll experiment too - no one dies when there's a reset button!

    We've updated the version to 1.1 and have fixed a few of the above issues , got a few other bugs that havent been noted and added a decimal point to the ADF. Vendors have been notified and our own customers and simmarket purchasers can get it now.

  8. #33
    Excellent! Thank you!
    I also found out today that the Jaguar is to be the next Ctrl-Ezy product. Sweet! I saw the images of the instrument panel over n the P3D forum too.

    The M55 motorway is not far from me... and I used to work at BAe Warton (initially on Tornados, but did get a hands on walk-around and under a Jag (sadly no look in the cockpit) for a weapons trial.)

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeBZ3xbgN_M

  9. #34
    I took the Pucara for a night flight - nice red glow on the instrument panel. Landing lights are great - never realised that there's one on the nose leg which of course steers with the wheel.

    I note the crew figures have a green glow on them. I presume that this is from the green HUD - still looks good either way.

  10. #35
    Novawing24 did an in-depth review on Youtube.
    Shows off the aircraft well and discusses the Ctrl-Ezy concept.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tX80fH8RaY

  11. #36
    Interesting video. It might have been better if he had read the manual first, particularly re the autopilot. Ctrl/Ezy is set up for keyboard commands. Achieving level flight in autopilot mode is a keystroke away. I would have thought somebody with his "experience" would know that. He also said he spends little time outside when flying. So, I guess he's probably not the target market.

  12. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Ctrl/Ezy is set up for keyboard commands. Achieving level flight in autopilot mode is a keystroke away.
    I commented to him about going old school and using the key commands (TachyonDriver over on youtube). Heck, once I noticed the strange AP behaviour, the first thing I did was CTRL-Z and CTRL-H. I wanted to try out the VC switches first however.

    Who can afford a minute of their time to read a 7 page pdf, the majority of which is massive full colour pictures so only about 100 words..

    Hehe - excuse my sarcasm!

    Right there on page 2
    "In fact due to the nature of the aircraft you can achieve everything you need to with the use of your own keyboard."

  13. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Oh hey, 2D panels! My time machine did work after all. Now show me the way to the Windows 95 release party!
    I know what you mean.
    I had to check the date - thought it might be April 1st.
    Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

Members who have read this thread: 346

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •