Ctrl-Ezy FMA IA-58 Pucara released for FSX
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ctrl-Ezy FMA IA-58 Pucara released for FSX

Ctrl-Ezy FMA IA-58 Pucara released for FSX

Hello Everyone.

The CTRL-Ezy Pucara is now released and is available from the following page

https://www.control-ezy.com/product_pucara.php

We have dedicated un-doctored screenshots from each simulator. That way you know exactly what you are seeing is what you are going to get. And a manual that you can download to learn all the deep ( ) systems a Ctrl-Ezy plane has ( the clue is in the name ). Paintguide is also available for the painters.

Keep safe.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails showa.jpg  

Thank you for the HU , very nice model/graphics as all Aeroplane Heaven products but ... the choice of the very basic cockpit left me a little perplexed ...
    I really hope that the product will be re-released with complete VC
    The more you do, the less you dream

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries

Nice exterior design...but...

Dear Pucará Team,

first I have to say "Thumbs up" for the exterior design of your Pucará. It is looking great. I was really looking forward to seeing this rare bird in my sim...
    But when I pointed out that the interior model only allows more or less a frontsight view... this was hard... you see left or right or downwards and see .. the razor sharp end of the interior or... only fresh air. I have to acknowledge that this reduces my wish to buy the Pucara a lot.

May be this opinion is a little bit exessive... Yes the Pucará is in comparison with other addons really cheap, but I would have pay some more money to get the feeling to sit in a full cockpit. The second seat isn´t required. Also the functional depth of the systems can be simplified (for example: ...on the level of a DC Design fighter...)

May be I will change my impression/opinion in future ... may be there will be a 360 degrees cockpit some days...

Greetings RS

+1 for the complete VC (No need to be functional, but at least see the entire cockpit)
    I complete understand the Ctrl-Ezy filosofy and the niche inside a niche that the Pucara stands BUT the 1/2 VC is a stop show in the simulation. (Just a honest critcism)
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

The reasoning for the "front-view-only" VC was explained many months ago. It was done for a specific reason and based on the developers explanation it will continue producing a line of aircraft done in a similar fashion. I suggest you go to their website and "read" why it was done this way. They will not be re-releasing it with a full VC.

This was posted in the Forum previously:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...TRL-Ezy+Pucara
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

I understand the "Control-Ezy" philosophy from a systems-wise point of view, however the lack of a complete VC model is a deal breaker for me. I don't mind simplified systems, but I want to be able to look around and see aircraft around me even if it's simplified and non functional. You must have the 3d model already for the external model, why not just use that?
    It just seems a strange decision to me.

I missed the latter part of the conversation, on the partial cockpit, in the original topic.

I don't need to interact with the rest of the cockpit. I'm FINE not clicking switches, etc for minutia.

But when I look around the plane, in 2D (if I'm on an approach, say) or VR (how I typically fly), I just don't want the jarring experience of nothing under my butt or behind me.

I *am* the target market for this in other respects. I don't want a $49 full-systems Pucara. $20 simplified that "feels" right is perfect.

I just can't imagine modeling the rest of the cockpit, in non-interactive mode, just so there are polygons there, would be that expensive in dev time, particularly since the first renders we saw showed the cockpit from the exterior. Put the 2D panel substitute up front, copy and scale up the simpler cockpit from the external view for the other 40 degrees of the FOV, and I think your potential sales increase significantly for the line.

I, like many others, use TrackIR and I look around the cockpit. I'm not even very bothered about the exterior but the vc interior is very important to me. So for that reason, relutcantly, "I'm out" on this line of products, I'm afraid.
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

It is safe to say that Ctrl/Ezy as a concept is going to polarise people. It is not something that will suit all people. We knew this when we first designed the concept. However, Ctrl/Ezy is an evolving concept and will be improved and changed over time with customer feedback being critical. We will not, though, deviate that far from the original concept. It was designed this way for a reason and to go to what otherwise is a standard AH product would be self-defeating.

We want Ctrl/Ezy to be the way simmers can get their hands on subjects that maybe are not main-line fare but still offer an HD experience at a manageable cost. They will be "point-and-shoot" simple systems products that are easy to fly and deliver one major promise - fun. I should also add that we do not expect them to have long lives. People get bored easily in this game - we understand that. A few hours of entertainment and you will probably be looking for the next one. That's Ctrl/Ezy. We want to make it the best "bang-for-buck" out there.

We value customer feedback in evolving this concept, that is why we have put the Pucara out there - a toe in the water as it were. We are encouraged greatly by the response so far and the figures indicate that there still is a strong market for this type of product, especially in the FSX community.

There will be many new subjects to follow the Pucara, some more familiar to many. The concept will evolve within the parameters of the original specification.

With Ctrl/Ezy, we see a way of keeping the flame burning in the FSX world for some time to come.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    I missed the latter part of the conversation, on the partial cockpit, in the original topic.

I don't need to interact with the rest of the cockpit. I'm FINE not clicking switches, etc for minutia.

But when I look around the plane, in 2D (if I'm on an approach, say) or VR (how I typically fly), I just don't want the jarring experience of nothing under my butt or behind me.

I *am* the target market for this in other respects. I don't want a $49 full-systems Pucara. $20 simplified that "feels" right is perfect.

I just can't imagine modeling the rest of the cockpit, in non-interactive mode, just so there are polygons there, would be that expensive in dev time, particularly since the first renders we saw showed the cockpit from the exterior. Put the 2D panel substitute up front, copy and scale up the simpler cockpit from the external view for the other 40 degrees of the FOV, and I think your potential sales increase significantly for the line.
    I can answer "the exterior cockpit in the VC views" question.

We tried it during development, it wasnt ideal for plenty of reasons. That's not to say that the concept is not evolving and future developments we may well do this.

I was one of those who commented in the original thread; one of those kick the tires and light the fire flight simmers. So I bought it and took it for a quick spin. I tested it with my freeware autopilot add-on FSXPilot v2.89 and freeware FSX Banking Camera v1.2. Both seem to work just fine with this new aircraft for what I do, which is pretty simple. The freeware FSX Banking Camera v1.2 works within the VC and pretty much takes control of the VC so some may not like this add-on. But when you are flying with a sandwich in one hand and a cup of coffee in the other, it works pretty darn well as it stays within the viewing limits of the current VC build on this aircraft. And hey, I can hang a torpedo on the underside of the fuselage too!

Tommy
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 Gigs Ram
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1156
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    CORSAIR K95 RGB Platnum XT, PBT double-shot keycaps, Cherry MX Blue
    Logitech M510

Despite the nice price point I'll still have to wait for some cash to come in. Yes, I would still like to give this aeroplane a go. In the initial thread I slightly misunderstood the concept and expected to see more of the VC modelled, knowing that as has been said, much of the VC doesn't function and I'd be happy with that. I am still going to pick this aircraft up as I already use buttons on my TM HOTAS X stick and throttle configured for gear,flaps, trim and spoiler operation. I'll see how much of a negative impact I get when panning around the view with my hat switch - it might depend upon my personal zoom level for the cockpit view.

I like the idea of a "load manager" so we can visually have representations of the varied payloads which the Pucara carried (does that affect the all up weight in FSX?). I also like the slight nod to "cold & dark" in that one can flick a few switches in the cockpit to start the engines in addition to the product's raison d'etre - CTRL-E.

I would however, love to see a quick flight video, thanks.

Thanks for doing this aircraft for FSX. It's an interesting addition to FSX. And I didn't think the cost was excessive.

I've taken a couple flights so far, and am still getting familiar with it. Exterior modeling and textures are great. Not sure about VC limitation to 15 degrees of center, lack of joystick, etc. I tend to change the VC zoom and angles frequently and found myself looking into space a lot.

On startup the brakes weren't holding. After one engine started, I would be going around in circles, LOL. By habit I always set the brakes before startup, so apparently I was deactivating the auto-brake system.

Other items noted:
    * [CameraDefinition.003] "Rearview" is inverted.
    * I could not get the ADF gauge to function.
    * I have to use keyboard commands to turn on the generator.

As to the "Ctrl-Ezy" concept itself, I'm not sure how my style of flying fits into that definition. Flying (and navigating) from the VC is where I spend most of my time so I don't mind working with the switches and gauges as long as its not overwhelming. Although the cockpit is simplified, one still has to remember where all the "hotspots" are to activate various functions. I would have preferred a popup "load manager" for weapons and pilot visibility, for example.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Oh hey, 2D panels! My time machine did work after all. Now show me the way to the Windows 95 release party!

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    I understood the design philosophy going in to this and picked up the bird yesterday. Installed it and have no gripes whatsoever. It IS a little unusual (but definitely NOT a problem) not to have a joystick in front of the seat, OTOH, it gets in the way a lot when it IS there so not having it is in many ways a blessing. Very simple, straightforward design that is a pleasure to fly. Don't know what else is coming down the pike - I seem to remember something being said about a jet with a pointed, chisel-shaped nose and rather gangly-looking landing gear, two wheels a side, as possibly being next in line. Looking forward to reviewing whatever comes next. Thank you Ctrl-Ezy!

PS Our repainters are going to be a little handicapped by this bird as there just were never very many exported, and they seem to be well-covered in the initial release. The only one I can think of that might be unusual and worth a rendition is the one captured at (I think) Port Stanley airport and conveyed back to the A&AEE for study, or so I've heard.

Thanks for the feedback so far. As we expect, Ctrl/Ezy will polarise people. However, we think we have provided enough info, including a demonstration video, for people to decide on whether they buy or not. We understand that Ctrl/Ezy will not be for everyone - but we do believe that there is still a strong market out there for this type of product. It will evolve and only get better. Figures so far show considerable promise so we are much encouraged. Watch this space!

BTW, Warhorse, the generator switch is over on the left. ADF worked fine under test so not sure what is happening there.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    BTW, Warhorse, the generator switch is over on the left. ADF worked fine under test so not sure what is happening there.
    Got it. I had assumed that the auto-start feature would turn it on along with the battery and avionics.

Another flight and ILS/ADF approach to a different airport. Again, I could not get an ADF bearing. Just reporting.
    -- WH

Are you turning on avionics?

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Are you turning on avionics?
    Yes. ILS works fine. The avionics is on when I use the auto-start feature.

Seems I need to refine my observation.

The ADF gauge on the VC cockpit (just below the artificial horizon) works.

The ADF gauge as part of the "radio set" (ADF 1) doesn't work. I get no reading on the ADF gauge on the "radio set".
    -- WH

OK we'll take a look at that one.

I wonder if you might clarify the VC view situation please? FSX:SE here
    Is there a view which will allow me to use my hat switch to pan around, at least, say, up to 45 degrees left and right of centre, in addition to a locked off view where the hat doesn't work, as has been mentioned?
    Thanks.

With respect to repaints, I guess most of them would be in the "what-if" category.

Lovely exterior model and sound though!

Quote Originally Posted by HighBypass View Post
    I wonder if you might clarify the VC view situation please? FSX:SE here
    Is there a view which will allow me to use my hat switch to pan around, at least, say, up to 45 degrees left and right of centre, in addition to a locked off view where the hat doesn't work, as has been mentioned?
    Thanks.

With respect to repaints, I guess most of them would be in the "what-if" category.

Lovely exterior model and sound though!
    In the video on our site we show this however, these are the views.

1. Virtual cockpit view. Like you are used to but with a cut off of the modelling at around 15 degrees. There is nothing stopping you using this view you simply "run out of " cockpit where the seat would be.
    2. 2 locked off camera views. They look like virtual cockpits but are locked off you cant pan around as we have disabled that functionality for these views.

Hope this helps

Yes that helps a lot - I can pan around to look for the airfield, but I may run out of cockpit modelling. I shall see if I can live with that. I mean I was concerned that I would not be able to pan the view at all. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Yes. ILS works fine. The avionics is on when I use the auto-start feature.

Seems I need to refine my observation.

The ADF gauge on the VC cockpit (just below the artificial horizon) works.

The ADF gauge as part of the "radio set" (ADF 1) doesn't work. I get no reading on the ADF gauge on the "radio set".
    Need to correct my earlier comments. I cannot get the ADF to function with either gauge, neither the ADF gauge below the artificial horizon or the gauge as part of the "radio set."
    -- WH

I've just purchased the Pucara and taken it for a little jaunt over some terrain in South America. What a fun little aeroplane - being able to pan the view around with my hat switch means that things are not as grim as I first feared. Yes, immersion is broken if you pan too far, but then again you can use the navigation light hanging in thin air as a wingtip reference! If sales are good enough, please could a VC cockpit tub be considered for patching in? Non functional is fine of course..

Can't comment on the flight model, as I've never been in a Pucara. I will say that you need a bootful of rudder now and again when tear-arsing down a river valley, not purely aileron & elevator.

The gauges appear to move as they should however, the temperature gauges go to full deflection - don't think the Astazou's run that hot...and keep running... The fuel flow? doesn't appear to work although the digital display for remaining fuel does count down.

Were AH considering making the prop feathering switches functional at all (they click)??

Does anyone have an English translation of the assorted warning lights please. Just curious.

Sounds great! Looks great. Hopefully this isn't the last we'll hear of Ctrl-Ezy!

Love the "easter egg" I found HAHA

Members who have read this thread: 1