ETO to Desktop. Mystery or just Me!

Thread: ETO to Desktop. Mystery or just Me!

ETO to Desktop. Mystery or just Me!

Gentlemen.

I did it again!

I select my Spawn Era and then open 1939 Era.

ETO starts in Era 1939 opens in Black Screen then goes to Desktop.

My Grandson tried opening in Era 1943?

As before ETO starts then goes to Desktop?

If I attempt to open in Era 1939 the Screen opens with 1943 Screen then closes to Desktop.

You fellows have bailed me out before and I am back again.

Thanks Guys

SOH-CM-2020
    Hi RCAFmad, in the installation process, you created a set of backup files. From that you can see what an uncorrupt install looks like, in terms of folder names. For example, there are a series of missions folders, one for each era. So if there is no 1936_missions folder (or whatever the era 1 missions folder is called), then at least pert of the install thinks it is set to Era 1. In the ETO Backup folder you can see the names of the uires and qclocations and other era-dependent files.

Once you become familiar with them, you can look at your install and quickly see if there is a schermozzle (technical term) say, with Era 1 missions set to default, but a 1936_global layer present in the global_layer folder, which tells you that there is corruption in the file sets. Might be worth pulling out all the era-dependent folders and files, and replacing them with the backup files. Then delete the uisel file in the AppData pathway. Then you should be good to go.

In order to be able to look at the files and folders in your install the fundamental thing to understand is that when you select an era using the startup.bat file, all the specific files and folders for a particular era get renamed to default. So it is the era-specific file/folder set that is missing that tells you which era the install is currently set to. Because those files are just renamed to the generic "missions", qclocations.xml, global_layer.xml etc etc.

Members who have read this thread: 0