"FLAK-BAIT"-paint project..

Thread: "FLAK-BAIT"-paint project..

"FLAK-BAIT"-paint project..

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    You are more than welcome to base your work on one of my skins. I'm happy that you think it's good enough!

I look forward to seeing "Flak Bait!" If you can do the nose art, you are more of an artist than I am!

By the way, I see that the post above has links to an FSX paint kit. I don't recall whether there were separate paint kits for FS9 and FSX, but I have one that definitely works for FS9. If you need it, send me a PM and I'll get a copy to you.
    Hi!
    Been very busy latly.. I have in unimaginable number of hours been fiddling'n'djusted this paint of the B-26 "Flak-Bait". I think I've achieved an acceptable result. Sadly I could not get any use of Steve "Duckie" Bryant's paint kit (FSX-PSP-files) since I don't use photoshop (Maybe I should picked the PSD-files instead..). "Gimp" not compitable on PSP for some reason. My "simple" and free tools are paint.net, Scetchbook and DXT.bmp-converter. Maybe I'll send you a PM Mick. (more Marauders to paint in the future..) Big thanks to Milton and his team for this incredible aircraft. Rather addicted . Couldn't resist equipping her with calclassic Dc-6 radios, autopilot etc. (Nice VOR to VOR flights)

Cheers
    daypharris

Looks good daypharris! Really nice work, certainly considering the limited tools you had.

Cheers,
    Huub

Incredible work! Love that worn-out paint!

hertzie

Excellent!

Well done Daypharris! Great stuff!
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Hi Honorable simmers!
    She is finally airborne... Flak-Bait uploaded here on this site; http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum....php?catid=195 , and Flightsim.com. Hopefully I got it right, since I'm a little
    rookie regarding uploading addons.. Me to blame if something is wrong or forgotten etc.

Best regards
    dayparris

BTW
    Thanks to Mick for bringing the modified Steve Bryant paint-kit!

Excellent!

I hope it's just the first of many.

Perfect! I loved weathered planes

Cheers,
    Huub

Hi, many thanks for nice feedback! I feel this livery was a bit awaited.. (many hits here and on flightsim.com). "Flak-Bait" is probably one of few true iconic WWII warbirds. Actually I remember my first aircraft model kit was the "Monogram" B-26 Marauder 1/48. Awsome model kit picuring the PN-O "Flak-Bait" at top of the box..

Cheers
    daypharris :-)

Wonderful work, can't have too many Marauders! As you mentioned future work, might I suggest an example of a delivery livery? I believe these were all bare metal but will have to unearth any photos dad might have taken during his transatlantic flight.
    W10-64 Pro, 3GHz, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 5570

Quote Originally Posted by aeromed202 View Post
    Wonderful work, can't have too many Marauders! As you mentioned future work, might I suggest an example of a delivery livery? I believe these were all bare metal but will have to unearth any photos dad might have taken during his transatlantic flight.
    The B-26 was in production from around the beginning of the war until near the end, so they were delivered in whatever the standard finish was when they were built. For the first couple years of the war they were delivered in olive drab with neutral gray under surfaces. Later in the war (some time in 1944, I think) when natural metal became the standard finish, they were delivered that way.

You could easily make a delivery finish in either livery by simply removing the unit markings from any unweathered OD or bare metal skin.

Members who have read this thread: 1