No afterburner effect for Aerosoft Tomcat in V5

Thread: No afterburner effect for Aerosoft Tomcat in V5

No afterburner effect for Aerosoft Tomcat in V5

I do not have a afterburner effect displaying for the Aerosoft Tomcat in P3DV5. Other than that, the aircraft looks great!! And I still do not have wake effects for the Team SDB Enterprise, nor is it moving. For that matter, Javier's carriers have no wake, and are also stationary..... NC

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    I do not have a afterburner effect displaying for the Aerosoft Tomcat in P3DV5. Other than that, the aircraft looks great!! And I still do not have wake effects for the Team SDB Enterprise, nor is it moving. For that matter, Javier's carriers have no wake, and are also stationary..... NC
    The Team SDB carriers do indeed have wakes and the ships do move. Javier's carriers seem to have a built in wake similar to the default one and it also displays.

If a wake is missing it could be a simple edit of the [effects] section of the sim.cfg file to fix it.

Team SDB was asked a similar question over the weekend regarding wakes and such. Here was the reply...

http://www.glowingheat.co.uk/forum/v....php?f=8&t=470

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    The Team SDB carriers do indeed have wakes and the ships do move. Javier's carriers seem to have a built in wake similar to the default one and it also displays.

If a wake is missing it could be a simple edit of the [effects] section of the sim.cfg file to fix it.

Team SDB was asked a similar question over the weekend regarding wakes and such. Here was the reply...

http://www.glowingheat.co.uk/forum/v....php?f=8&t=470

Yep! That was my post. I followed the suggestions, but no change. Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Yep! That was my post. I followed the suggestions, but no change. Pete
    Oh, Ok. Sorry for not putting the two together.

I did some more testing and put the results in the SDB forum.

Thanks Frank! I will set about implementation of your directions tomorrow morning NC

Wakes working fine now. Thanks Frank!

Now if I can just get the afterburner effect back for the AS Tomcat, I will be 2 for 2! Pete

Pete, the afterburner for the Aerosoft F-14 is working in P3D v5. Try a night time flight. You will see the burner but very faint. It must be the lighting in v5 causing the problem. Hopefully HF2 will help.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    Pete, the afterburner for the Aerosoft F-14 is working in P3D v5. Try a night time flight. You will see the burner but very faint. It must be the lighting in v5 causing the problem. Hopefully HF2 will help.
    I will try that now, THANKS! Pete

So the AS Tomcat now has a "stealth" afterburner. Almost completely undetectable. Hope there is a fix for it, eventually.

2020-6-18_8-30-3-711 by retnavycpo, on Flickr

2020-6-18_8-30-42-503 by retnavycpo, on Flickr

It is truly stealth but it is there. As you say one can only hope the new HF2 will address the issue. I works perfectly in all other versions of P3d. This is one awesome aircraft.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

It is truly stealth but it is there. As you say one can only hope the new HF2 will address the issue. I works perfectly in all other versions of P3d. This is one awesome aircraft.
    It truly is! Pete

Members who have read this thread: 0