How doe the Video work in CFS2

Thread: How doe the Video work in CFS2

Icon9 How doe the Video work in CFS2

I have the files to run in the transit directory of video folder, but when the campaign starts the letters are at the bottom and the screen is blank. What must I do to make them work?

I think videos during campaigns broke on XP with SP1 years and years ago.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

SOH-CM-2020

Re: How doe the Video work in CFS2

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    I think videos during campaigns broke on XP with SP1 years and years ago.
    Hi all.

Campaign videos seem to be working fine for me on Windows10 Home v1909.

Do you have any kind of error message or other sympton of the problem Marty?

cheers,

SW

Icon22 Black screen

Quote Originally Posted by SW View Post
    Hi all.

Campaign videos seem to be working fine for me on Windows10 Home v1909.

Do you have any kind of error message or other sympton of the problem Marty?

cheers,

SW
    The music and lettering on the botton of the screen. but the screen is black. Where are your files in the Video folder?

SOH-CM-2020

Re: How doe the Video work in CFS2

Quote Originally Posted by Marty View Post
    The music and lettering on the botton of the screen. but the screen is black. Where are your files in the Video folder?
    Hi Marty,

No doubt there are plenty here at SOH that can say exactly how this works, my understanding is that the "Voice over" text that you see at the bottom of the screen comes from:

CFS2\SOUND\VO\some-example-name.txt

and the actual voice over from the same file name with the .wav extension.

The transit video itself should be in:

CFS2\videos\transit - the video file that will be played doesn't have to match the VO file name. The video file will end in .mpg.

So to test your problem I'd find your way to the videos\transit folder and double-click any of the mpg files. If it plays OK then there's some problem internal to CFS2 that one of the gurus here may know the answer to. If it doesn't play then you've got a problem outside of CFS2 playing .mpgs - fix that outside CFS2 and it'll probably be fixed in CFS2 as well.

You don't mention if you can here the voice over (you mentioned seeing text and hearing music), it might be worth double clicking one of the .wav files in the VO folder. If you don't hear anything and you couldn't play the .mpg file outside of CFS2 either, then you've got a general media file playback problem - have you installed any new/upgraded media playing software? Perhaps altered file permissions in your anti-virus/anti-malware software?

Good luck,

SW

Members who have read this thread: 0