Manual radio tuning and ATC

Thread: Manual radio tuning and ATC

Manual radio tuning and ATC

This may be an old question of a FAQ, but I haven't been able to find an answer in the several months I have been using P3D. Sometimes I want to tune my COM radios manually. The problem with the autotuning in the ATC, as you approach an airport VFR, is that if there are a lot of airports around, I am not offered my destination airport in the menu of nearest airports until I am too close to the airport to set up a proper approach. I would prefer to have the frequency tuned in advance, and call the tower at an appropriate range. The problem is that I am never given the option to call the tower. I would have thought, and the P3D online manual suggests, that as I come within radio range and am tuned to the proper frequency, options to contact the tower will appear in the ATC window. But they do not. I can fly right over the airport and am still not given any way to talk to the tower. I can listen to the communications, but no contact options are ever presented. What am I missing here? Thanks in advance, August

When in an area with lots of nearby airports, the ATC lists the closest on the front page, with NEXT... as the last item. Either enter the next number, or click on NEXT... and it will go to the next page. (I use numbers, quicker, and you can usually skip one or two. In especially crowded areas, this may be required for 4 or 5 pages. I always find my airport in plenty of time.

I do prefer P3Dv4+ and earlier's "airports further from you" style which would change the entire page, instead of justr the next numbered on the list, as in v5.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Members who have read this thread: 0