Blackburn Beverley questions

Thread: Blackburn Beverley questions

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries

Blackburn Beverley questions

I've installed MJ's Blackburn Beverly in FSX. The aircraft comes in a file named "Blackburn_Beverley_XB261.zip," and it shows up in the "Airplanes" folder as "Blackburn Beverley_X." I may be about to reveal the depth or breadth of my ignorance on this subject (busy RW stuff around here, little time to devote to FSX) but there have been some add-on textures for this aircraft that also say they are for MJ's Beverley, yet their texture file names do not match what is in the basic installation of Blackburn Beverley X. I'm getting a black aircraft when the sim is fired up, which I know means an air file or model mismatch. This means there must be a different basic installation for the Beverley than just "Blackburn Beverley_X."

Also - when firing up FSX a short time ago I discovered there was an "Error" dialog box that said the following:

"Flight Simulator has detected a problem with a third-party software program (add-on):

Name: FSXGauge
    Version: 1.7
    Company: <Unknown>
    File: Gauges\FDav.dll

Do you want to run this software (not recommended)?

To avoid seeing this message in the future, uninstall this program or disable its ability to start when running Flight Simulator. For more information about third-party programs, contact the publisher or see http:\www.fsinsider.com."

Now, I've never seen this message until I installed the Beverley into my FSX copy today. Is it safe to run this file, or is it even needed seeing as I may have not installed the proper Beverley version yet?

SSI01 - Not sure what has happened there. The Zip file is called Blackburn_Beverley_XB261 - that is correct. When you unzip that file you should see two folders Blackburn Beverley and Effects. The question is did you download it from SOH?

I would recommend you delete what you have and start afresh with a new download from here. Create a temp directory somewhere and unzip it there. All you then have to do is copy the folder Blackburn Beverley to your FSX installation - SimObjects/Airplanes and copy the Effects folder to the FSX main directory. You may be asked to replace some files in the FSX folder just say yes it will do no harm, they may be common effects you already have.

As for the gauge there is no FDav.dll with the Beverley that I can find in any of the panel folders either. And I checked my FSX/Gauges directory to make sure and I have no such similar gauge either. I would locate it and delete it before doing anything else. I would highly recommend you delete everything else you downloaded as well including what went into your FSX SimObjects directory just to be sure.

Bendyflyer is right. I, too, suspect there is a files/installation mixup. The folder you mention - "Blackburn Beverley_X" - is part of an earlier version of the Beverley, developed by a user named Lazarus. It's a modification of an original FS2002 Beverley, but the package does include XB261 as does mine. Maybe you have both aircraft installed?

A black aircraft means the sim cannot find the textures.

Fdav.dll isn't used in either installation, see Google.

Let us know where you downloaded the package, so we can track the error down.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    I'll chk into the file origins later. Here's what I got from the net re: the "Fdav.dll" file.

"When FSX loads, it asks if users want to run "FDav.dll," which is a driver that allows much more advanced programming for the GNS 480 avionics than would be possible with plain XML code, FSD explained."

I've installed a few Carenado downloads recently and IIRC they use that avionics setup.

Members who have read this thread: 1