Questionable NASCAR Decision

Thread: Questionable NASCAR Decision

Questionable NASCAR Decision

NASCAR announced on Wednesday that the organization is banning fans' use of the Confederate flag at all future events. The decision comes on the heels of civil unrest around the United States and a day after the report that the organization was considering placing a permanent ban on the flag at its races.
    The presence of the confederate flag at NASCAR events runs contrary to our commitment to providing a welcoming and inclusive environment for all fans, our competitors and our industry. Bringing people together around a love for racing and the community that it creates is what makes our fans and sport special. The display of the confederate flag will be prohibited from all NASCAR events and properties.

NASCAR's decision to ban the flag also came less than 24 hours after driver Bubba Wallace made it clear that he vehemently opposes fans' use of the flag at events.
    "My next step would be to get rid of all Confederate flags (at races)," Wallace said Monday night during an interview on CNN when asked about what NASCAR can do to battle racial injustice. "There should be no individual that is uncomfortable showing up to our events to have a good time with their family that feels some type of way about something they've seen, an object they have seen flying. "No one should feel uncomfortable when they come to a NASCAR race. So it starts with Confederate flags. Get them out of here. They have no place for them."
    Wallace is set to drive the No. 43 car adorned with a "#BlackLivesMatter" paint job for Wednesday night's race at Martinsville Speedway.
    NASCAR's stance on banning the flag — notably associated with racism and prejudice — sent shockwaves through the sports world. Some fans on Twitter reacted adversely to the news.

Not a good idea IMHO.
    I'd think this is a knee jerk reaction and while (possibly) well intentioned it's just going to intensify division among the fans and people in general, either way.
    It's an individual's right to take the action such as that taken by Wallace while the same must be said for some nonentity (can't recall the name) in a Truck Series (who decided to quit after 9 years of no results) because he disagrees with the 'No Flag' decision.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Personally I am sick to death hearing about it and all the hoo-ha surrounding the issue. So surely that is counter productive for the cause.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

In addition to the flag ban, and something that was not as widely publicized, is NASCAR's decision to no longer require drivers and teams to stand at their cars during the playing of the national anthem. NASCAR will now allow "peaceful protests" during the playing of a national anthem, just like the NFL. I'm done with NASCAR. Poor decisions on car designs and rules and now this pandering to a minority of fans. I watch sports to be entertained, I watch the news to get my information on injustice, the two do not need to be mixed together. Buh-bye NASCAR!
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Members who have read this thread: 0