Spawn issues

Thread: Spawn issues

Spawn issues

I'm redoing some missions and seem to have an issue when checking the missions using the mb.exe in recognizing 'Air" in

<Facility Spawns="intercept.spawns" Country="Germany" IsHidden="y" Lat="N51*23'59.9719&quot;" Lon="E0*49'59.9467&quot;" heading="0" IsOneShot="y" ID="9209" Type="Air"/>

Any ideas?

Just noticed the same issue with
    Type="Ground Aircraft"/>

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Well I've sort of solved the problem by using Type="mission_target_facility_15k" or similar. Not quite sure what the other types mean or even exist unless there are separate facility xmls labeled "Air" etc??

EDIT. Well it maybe more complicated as I do notice other facilities used in spawn entries such as
    invasion_allies_med.xml
    infantry.xml
    dugintank.xml

Just can't find any Air.xml??

OK finally found air,xml in some old CFS3 files!!

SOH-CM-2020
    What on earth is the facility air.xml? Is it a placeholder like the mission_target-facilities, for triggering spawns?

OK, to go into more detail, I am reworking for Clive some BoB missions which I believe were done by Talon, but maybe not, which run from BoB_06_10th_June_Luftwaffe to BoB_41_15th_Sept_Luftwaffe_HE111. They could also have been from my Just Flight install which I intergrated into a pre ETO install with other PW and non PW stuff. I say that because all the ac are JFxxxxx.

In any case, some of the missions use slightly weird spawns as in BoB_09_16th_June_RAF below

<Facilities>
    <Facility Spawns="intercept.spawns" Country="Germany" IsHidden="y" Lat="N50*46'10.5914&quot;" Lon="E1*33'22.7847&quot;" heading="0" IsOneShot="y" ID="9315" Type="Air"/>
    <Facility Spawns="air.spawns" Country="Britain" Lat="N50*46'10.6025&quot;" Lon="E1*33'22.8046&quot;" heading="90" IsOneShot="n" ID="9289" Type="invasion_allies_med"/>
    <Facility Spawns="air.spawns" Country="Germany" IsHidden="y" Lat="N50*44'15.5543&quot;" Lon="E1*36'50.5183&quot;" heading="0" IsOneShot="n" ID="9243" Type="infantry"/>
    <Facility Spawns="air.spawns" Country="Germany" IsHidden="y" Lat="N50*47'45.7717&quot;" Lon="E1*36'29.1965&quot;" heading="0" IsOneShot="y" ID="9242" Type="infantry"/>
    <Facility Spawns="push.spawns" Country="Germany" IsHidden="y" Lat="N50*46'1.9120&quot;" Lon="E1*37'48.7175&quot;" heading="0" IsOneShot="y" ID="9208" Type="dugintank"/>
    </Facilities>

Another one is

<Facility Spawns="SweepBritsh.spawns" Country="Britain" IsHidden="y" Lat="N51*10'7.0557&quot;" Lon="E1*15'54.0686&quot;" heading="45" IsOneShot="y" ID="9209" Type="Ground Aircraft"/>

Now I run all these facility.xmls to ground and most are quite comprehensive, such as invasion_allies_med.xml ( all too long so here http://www.mediafire.com/file/rjglv4...y_xml.rar/file )

On the other hand, Air.xml which was the hardest to find, does seems to be like mission_target_facility_xxk.

<Facility Type="" Flags="" OuterDistance="0" Spawns="Air.spawns"><!-- This is an invisible facility that is used to spawn flavor --></Facility>

Now I have found them all I will reinstate them in the missions and see what happens!!

Have fun, spawns setup is a nightmare!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

Yes! I should look at yours and Ruff's more closely. These JF ones are also totally different!

SOH-CM-2020
    So yes, air.xml is like the mission target facilities, it is a placeholder to trigger air spawns using the air.spawns file. I suppose this means the missions need to be flown with air spawns enabled, rather than the common practice of flying missions with spawns disabled.

Members who have read this thread: 0