A Flock OF Warbirds - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Flock OF Warbirds

This is one I didn't know about, nice paint scheme. I was aware of the other three, saw the one at Flying Heritage be unveiled just before I moved away from the area, along with the Corsair from these pictures. Never got to see it fly, and might never now that the museum is closed. I hope they can find a way to reopen, it's hands down my favorite of the ones I've visited. They also had projects to get an Me 262 flying on original Jumo engines, as well as a Ju 87 and He 111 project - all intended as airworthy restorations.

SOH-CM-2023
    Why are there only 5 exhaust pipes on each side of the engines ?? Are two cylinders feeding one pipe somewhere ??

Yes glh, only the rearmost exhaust pipe on both sides of both engines are fed by two cylinders. Both are 12 cylinder v-12 Merlins with six on each side.
    Three of these airworthy Mosquitos were restored by Avspecs at Ardmore in New Zealand, and a fourth Mosquito was in the works at Ardmore, but I don't really know the status of it at the moment.
    Lucky you FooFighter! Excellent pictures!
    Mark

SOH-CM-2023

Icon22

Quote Originally Posted by mrogers View Post
    Yes glh, only the rearmost exhaust pipe on both sides of both engines are fed by two cylinders. Both are 12 cylinder v-12 Merlins with six on each side.
    Three of these airworthy Mosquitos were restored by Avspecs at Ardmore in New Zealand, and a fourth Mosquito was in the works at Ardmore, but I don't really know the status of it at the moment.
    Lucky you FooFighter! Excellent pictures!

Thanks, Mr. Rogers. Have a wonderful day in the neighborhood.

Members who have read this thread: 2