Hello fellow builders. I'm having a hard time understanding how to make alpha textures to work in FSX with a Gmax designed object. So far when I export my .mdl and convert to .bgl, while displaying in FSX, it's not correct.
I designed a hangar based on a real world airport, in GMax. There are painted numbers and signage all around the hangar. What I am trying to do is, create a material where the white background of the material sheet is transparent, and only the letters appear as if they have been painted on the hangar walls. I do not want the white background of the material sheet to display. Just the lettering and images.

I have read in the SDK about how the settings in a newly created FSX Material work using the frame buffering options in GMax, but have not figured out if the alpha is placed in the layered .psd file (prior to converting to .DDS), where the layer goes in the order, what format it should be, how it should be named, or if in fact other options in the FSX Material should be check marked as well. I could really use a simple explanation with visuals if possible. When explaining, could you please start from the layered .PSD file. If it helps I can supply screen shots after work.

Doug