Aircraft Config question

Thread: Aircraft Config question

Aircraft Config question

I am enjoying Massimo Taccoli's Blackshape Prime that he recently released on flightsim dot com. I had to make a few adjustments to the contact points and the brake scale and I'm happy with the results but I have noticed one thing I'm not sure how to correct. Whether on grass or a hardened surface, it takes a lot of throttle to get it moving and stay moving. Is there an adjustment in the cfg file that can fix this?
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

There was a big discussion long ago at AVSIM about ground friction. Pete Dowson came up with a solution for it in FSUIPC.

https://www.flightdecksolutions.com/...pic.php?t=6151
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Thanks, I tried it out but honestly I didn't see any change at all. Also, I do have a Registered copy of FSUIPC.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

SOH-CM-2023
    Using AFSD on this aircraft is very interesting, Massimo has set up an unusual propeller set of graphs where the efficiency of the prop is virtually zero at zero speed & low revs. Not only that but the engine sound seems to be higher in revs than one thinks. Never heard a Rotax in reality so that might be a misleading route to follow. So one does not get very much thrust until more than 40 HP is reached, after that it then accelerates very well.
    I note also that the quadrant in the VC has a label for the handbrake, but the lever is on the instrument panel. I have added toe brakes at 50% & reduced table 1101 braking strength as an idea.
    One other funny - throttle set to 55% gives rpm of 5500, and any increase of throttle does not change the rpm indication, but the sound does increase.
    I would therefore say that ground friction is not a problem, its in the engine/prop parameters.
    Is the prop a Constant speed unit? It has a very narrow pitch range (19 to 20°)
    Keith

Members who have read this thread: 0