USS Antietam CV-36 - US Navy first angled-deck carrier - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: USS Antietam CV-36 - US Navy first angled-deck carrier

OK, you read it the same way I did... Thanks, DL.

Anyone hear from Klaus recently?
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Anyone hear from Klaus recently?
    I sure hope he is alright. This corona virus is hitting hard in many places and so many are very sick. I remember we all had swine flu on base back in '75 when I was in the military. Many of us were bedridden for about 1 week. It happened about 2 days after getting the alleged shot for it...been wondering ever since if we were just a part of some military "study."

Again I hope Klaus is ok...

At this point I'd just like to see Klaus do a "check in" post. I'm not worried about the Antietam project for now... Heck, I have a whole FSX Navy full of his carriers.

Anyone

Has anyone sent him a Private Message and asked how he is or what has happened? I did the last time and he just was very busy and appreciated us concerned about his welfare and that of his family.

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    Has anyone sent him a Private Message and asked how he is or what has happened? I did the last time and he just was very busy and appreciated us concerned about his welfare and that of his family.
    I sent him a PM a couple minutes ago, hopefully he'll give me (or us) a reply.

Thank you for having so many here concerned about my whereabouts.
    Everything's fine.
    For professional reasons (stay in a protected military facility) I was not able to communicate with the outside world during the last weeks.

I hope that this weekend I will finally find the opportunity to publish the finished models and to work on the other projects (airports) as well. I ask there still for a little bit patience.

Thanks to all.
    Klaus

Patient, yes, we can certainly be, but we all are glad to hear from you and that all is well!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Klaus, thanks for letting us know everything's OK!

Quote Originally Posted by klnowak View Post
    Thank you for having so many here concerned about my whereabouts.
    Everything's fine.
    For professional reasons (stay in a protected military facility) I was not able to communicate with the outside world during the last weeks.

I hope that this weekend I will finally find the opportunity to publish the finished models and to work on the other projects (airports) as well. I ask there still for a little bit patience.

Thanks to all.
    Klaus
    Given the times we are in, and your "sudden" stop in communication, we were more worried about you than anything else. I'm glad your ok.

Glad to hear your doing alright Klaus.

After a long time of waiting for you....upload is done for FSX and P3D.

Just have fun with this model

greetings
    Klaus

Problems loading into AI carriers

I have a problem with the AI carriers cfg file. In your readme, you stated to use:

title=USS Boxer_Korean war
    unit.[formation.65]
    0=USS_CV-21_Boxer,0,0

There is no Boxer included

Models are not loading.

No ai.cfg file included so I tried to make my own ai carrier cfg file as such:

[formation.0]
    title=CV-36_USS_Antietam_1951
    unit.0=antietam1951_panther, 0, 0

[formation.1]
    title=CV-36_USS_Antietam_1957
    unit.0=antietam1957_fury, 0, 0

[formation.2]
    title=CV-36_USS_Antietam_1957_T2
    unit.0=antietam1957_T2, 0, 0

[formation.3]
    title=CV-36_USS_Antietam_1957_T28
    unit.0=antietam1957_T28, 0, 0

[formation.4]
    title=CV-36_USS_Antietam_1951_empty
    unit.0=antietam1951_empty, 0, 0

[formation.5]
    title=CV-36_USS_Antietam_1957_empty
    unit.0=antietam1957_empty, 0, 0

[formation.6]
    title=CV-36_USS_Antietam_1957_C2Trader
    unit.0=antietam1957_C2Trader, 0, 0

[formation.7]
    title=CV-36_USS_Antietam_1957_Skyrider
    unit.0=antietam1957_Skyrider, 0, 0

I saved it as Antietam.cfg in my conf.d folder

The title will show in AI carrier menu screen however, I get
    the failure to create object error. So I am close but
    do not know why the different formations will not show.
    Last edited by gray eagle; July 26th, 2020 at 07:18.

Bag your pardon... the both readme in FSX and P3D folder are not the right one. Only the one in the folder you unzip is neaded. There is no ai-carrier file inside. Did not do this one.

greetings
    Klaus

Bag your pardon... the both readme in FSX and P3D folder are not the right one. Only the one in the folder you unzip is neaded. There is no ai-carrier file inside. Did not do this one.

greetings
    Klaus

Only the one in the folder you unzip is neaded.
    There are two read me in the zip file. one in the FSX/P3D and one in the core of the zip. I am totally confused about all this?

So these are not AI carrier ready? I thought they were. There was in the readme
    Add the following line to your AICarriers2 config:

[formation.65]
    title=USS Boxer_Korean war
    unit.0=USS_CV-21_Boxer,0,0

I would appreciate an AI carrier cfg file/instructions please.

First, Grey Eagle, I hope you know not to add formations directly to your aicarriers.cfg file. Always best to make a new cfg file in the conf_d folder. Also, best not to get too many .cfg files in there at once. Store the .cfg files in another folder, and swap them in as you desire that (those) particular formation(s).

Double check in your Simobjects\Boats folder to see if you HAVE the ships being called out in the .cfg file. In this case, do you have a Boxer in your Boats folder? If you do, check the sim.cfg file to be sure the line in your .cfg file reads absolutely identical to the line in the sim.cfg file. In this case, does the line in the unit.0=USS_CV-21_Boxer,0, in the aicarriers .cfg file you're using match perfectly with the line in the sim.cfg for the Boxer that reads something like title=DD445_ai (I don't have the Boxer, that's from the Fletcher). The two parts I highlighted in red must be absolutely identical. Like as if you had cut-n-pasted from the sim.cfg file into the aicarriers .cfg file you're using. Underscores, capital letters, everything must be perfectly identical.

Also, ensure that the 0's in the aicarriers .cfg file are actual zero's, not lowercase "oh"s, and that there is NO space between the last character in the title and the first 0, or whatever number might be there.
    Make sure that two ships don't overlap one another, too. If both boats in a formation have the trailing numbers as 0,0, the software will try and put them both in the same place in the world. It can't, so it won't place either one.
    Make sure the numbers used in the formation are big enough that no portion of one ship's model overlaps the other. Start out with one ship in the formation at 0,0, and try placing the other at something like 500,500. If no luck, try 750,750.. Like that. Just make sure they're placed so far apart, there's no way the models overlap.
    Make sure the Title line in the aicarriers .cfg file is absolutely unique for each different formation.

Finally, make sure the boat being called out in the aicarriers .cfg file you're using is an ai ship, not a pilotable one. Like one that has an aircraft.cfg file, and all the other stuff, including a Panel folder and so forth, to make it pilotable.

I hope something in all my babbling is some help. If needed, I can try installing the ship you're using and seeing if I can get it afloat
    Good luck!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post
    First, Grey Eagle, I hope you know not to add formations directly to your aicarriers.cfg file. Always best to make a new cfg file in the conf_d folder. Also, best not to get too many .cfg files in there at once. Store the .cfg files in another folder, and swap them in as you desire that (those) particular formation(s).

Double check in your Simobjects\Boats folder to see if you HAVE the ships being called out in the .cfg file. In this case, do you have a Boxer in your Boats folder? If you do, check the sim.cfg file to be sure the line in your .cfg file reads absolutely identical to the line in the sim.cfg file. In this case, does the line in the unit.0=USS_CV-21_Boxer,0, in the aicarriers .cfg file you're using match perfectly with the line in the sim.cfg for the Boxer that reads something like title=DD445_ai (I don't have the Boxer, that's from the Fletcher). The two parts I highlighted in red must be absolutely identical. Like as if you had cut-n-pasted from the sim.cfg file into the aicarriers .cfg file you're using. Underscores, capital letters, everything must be perfectly identical.

Also, ensure that the 0's in the aicarriers .cfg file are actual zero's, not lowercase "oh"s, and that there is NO space between the last character in the title and the first 0, or whatever number might be there.
    Make sure that two ships don't overlap one another, too. If both boats in a formation have the trailing numbers as 0,0, the software will try and put them both in the same place in the world. It can't, so it won't place either one.
    Make sure the numbers used in the formation are big enough that no portion of one ship's model overlaps the other. Start out with one ship in the formation at 0,0, and try placing the other at something like 500,500. If no luck, try 750,750.. Like that. Just make sure they're placed so far apart, there's no way the models overlap.
    Make sure the Title line in the aicarriers .cfg file is absolutely unique for each different formation.

Finally, make sure the boat being called out in the aicarriers .cfg file you're using is an ai ship, not a pilotable one. Like one that has an aircraft.cfg file, and all the other stuff, including a Panel folder and so forth, to make it pilotable.

I hope something in all my babbling is some help. If needed, I can try installing the ship you're using and seeing if I can get it afloat
    Good luck!
    Pat☺
    I hand made a copy of the cfg file for ai carriers
    Here is the copy:

[formation.0]
    unit.0=USS_Antietam1951_panther, 0, 0

[formation.1]
    unit.0=USS_Antietam1957_fury, 0, 0

[formation.2]
    unit.0=USS_Antietam1957_T2, 0, 0

[formation.3]
    unit.0=USS_Antietam1957_T28, 0, 0

[formation.4]
    unit.0=USS_Antietam1951_empty, 0, 0

[formation.5]

[formation.6]
    unit.0=USS_Antietam1957_C2Trader, 0, 0

[formation.7]
    unit.0=USS_Antietam1957_Skyrider, 0, 0

I made it from the sim.cfg file that was included in the zip

here is that file

[fltsim.0]
    model=antietam1951_panther
    texture=antietam

[fltsim.1]
    model=antietam1957_fury
    texture=antietam

[fltsim.2]
    model=antietam1957_T2
    texture=antietam

[fltsim.3]
    model=antietam1957_T28
    texture=antietam

[fltsim.4]
    model=antietam1951_empty
    texture=antietam

[fltsim.5]
    model=antietam1957_empty
    texture=antietam

[fltsim.6]
    model=antietam1957_C2Trader
    texture=antietam

[fltsim.7]
    model=antietam1957_Skyrider
    texture=antietam

From what I can tell, this isn't a drivable model.
    I removed all the textures=antietam entries from the ai.cfg file
    In the ai.cfg file (^) the unit was antietam - that didn't work
    So I changed unit=USS_Antitam as the models were labeled, USS_Antietam1951.mdl
    and the other models names after the USS_Antietam varied.

So the titles show in the AI carrier Menu but not the ship(s)

What I get is "error inserting object USS antietam create object failed".

There are no USS Boxer files included in the zip file.

So there you have it.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    I hand made a copy of the cfg file for ai carriers
    Here is the copy:

[formation.0]
    unit.0=USS_Antietam1951_panther, 0, 0

[formation.1]
    unit.0=USS_Antietam1957_fury, 0, 0

[formation.2]
    unit.0=USS_Antietam1957_T2, 0, 0

[formation.3]
    unit.0=USS_Antietam1957_T28, 0, 0

[formation.4]
    unit.0=USS_Antietam1951_empty, 0, 0

[formation.5]

[formation.6]
    unit.0=USS_Antietam1957_C2Trader, 0, 0

[formation.7]
    unit.0=USS_Antietam1957_Skyrider, 0, 0

I made it from the sim.cfg file that was included in the zip

here is that file

[fltsim.0]
    model=antietam1951_panther
    texture=antietam

[fltsim.1]
    model=antietam1957_fury
    texture=antietam

[fltsim.2]
    model=antietam1957_T2
    texture=antietam

[fltsim.3]
    model=antietam1957_T28
    texture=antietam

[fltsim.4]
    model=antietam1951_empty
    texture=antietam

[fltsim.5]
    model=antietam1957_empty
    texture=antietam

[fltsim.6]
    model=antietam1957_C2Trader
    texture=antietam

[fltsim.7]
    model=antietam1957_Skyrider
    texture=antietam

From what I can tell, this isn't a drivable model.
    I removed all the textures=antietam entries from the ai.cfg file
    In the ai.cfg file (^) the unit was antietam - that didn't work
    So I changed unit=USS_Antitam as the models were labeled, USS_Antietam1951.mdl
    and the other models names after the USS_Antietam varied.

So the titles show in the AI carrier Menu but not the ship(s)

What I get is "error inserting object USS antietam create object failed".

There are no USS Boxer files included in the zip file.

So there you have it.
    Sir?

Here is my cfg. I've made...

[formation.97]
    title=USS_Antietam 1951
    unit.0=CV-36_USS_Antietam_1951, 0,0

[formation.98]
    title=USS_Antietam 1957
    unit.0=CV-36_USS_Antietam_1957, 0,0

[formation.99]
    title=USS_Antietam 1957_T2
    unit.0=CV-36_USS_Antietam_1957_T2, 0,0

[formation.100]
    title=USS_Antietam_1957_T28
    unit.0=CV-36_USS_Antietam_1957_T28, 0,0

[formation.101]
    title=USS_Antietam_1951_empty
    unit.0=CV-36_USS_Antietam_1951_empty, 0,0

[formation.102]
    title=USS_Antietam_1957_empty
    unit.0=CV-36_USS_Antietam_1957_empty, 0,0

[formation.103]
    title=USS_Antietam_1957_C2Trader
    unit.0=CV-36_USS_Antietam_1957_C2Trader, 0, 0

[formation.104]
    title=USS_Antietam_1957_Skyrider
    unit.0=CV-36_USS_Antietam_1957_Skyrider, 0, 0

Icon25

greetings
    Klaus
    Thank you very much sir

Quote Originally Posted by Sindhu View Post
    Sir?

Here is my cfg. I've made...

[formation.97]
    title=USS_Antietam 1951
    unit.0=CV-36_USS_Antietam_1951, 0,0

[formation.98]
    title=USS_Antietam 1957
    unit.0=CV-36_USS_Antietam_1957, 0,0

[formation.99]
    title=USS_Antietam 1957_T2
    unit.0=CV-36_USS_Antietam_1957_T2, 0,0

[formation.100]
    title=USS_Antietam_1957_T28
    unit.0=CV-36_USS_Antietam_1957_T28, 0,0

[formation.101]
    title=USS_Antietam_1951_empty
    unit.0=CV-36_USS_Antietam_1951_empty, 0,0

[formation.102]
    title=USS_Antietam_1957_empty
    unit.0=CV-36_USS_Antietam_1957_empty, 0,0

[formation.103]
    title=USS_Antietam_1957_C2Trader
    unit.0=CV-36_USS_Antietam_1957_C2Trader, 0, 0

[formation.104]
    title=USS_Antietam_1957_Skyrider
    unit.0=CV-36_USS_Antietam_1957_Skyrider, 0, 0
    Thanks for the help...
    Thanks again.

I used your file as is and so far it is working
    Last edited by gray eagle; July 27th, 2020 at 10:07.

A1H Skyraider

Question, Is the included A1H skyraider an AI aircraft or is it a skin that is added to another basic A1H plane?

It is a skin for Tim Conrads A-1 Skyraider.

greetings
    Klaus

Setting Up Your Formations

As a radarman assigned to the Combat Information Center aboard an aircraft carrier in 1968 as the surface supervisor on my watches, I used a publication designated as ATP-1A Vol.2 Allied Naval Signals. It was a classified NATO publication and any sailor responsible for signals such as signalmen, radiomen and radarmen as well as the bridge officers and petty officers all knew how to use it. It spells out all kinds of information you didn't know (unless you were one of the rates or an officer standing bridge watches in a Navy like me) the task forces operations in detail.

I did a Google search to see if it was possible to download it in an unclassified version so that I could share it with all of you and found a copy that I can share from NATO Archives unclassified. I think that all of you will really find this a treasure as I was so excited to be able to download it. MY copy in 1968 was:
    ATP-1A Vol.II of 1966 with revisions this one is 2016 ATP-1G Vol II that is 7 revised versions later but it still looks the same. My formations of CVA's like USS Antietam, USS Bon Homme Richard, Sumner and Gearing class DD's etc. are in 2016: CVN's like Nimitz and DDG's like Arleigh Burke so it applies to any formation in whatever time period you wish to setup. The information all applies to WWII, Korea and the Cold War 1950's as well. As the title also suggests, this is applicable to all NATO forces so that those of you like Klaus who modeled modern German forces and all those French ships from RFN that are on AI CARRIERS use it too. Here is a download link on mediafire.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/h54sb2...ol_II.pdf/file

As a side note we used to joke that the Russian ELINT trawlers shadowing us had gotten their own copy because before our destroyers had completed executing a maneuver and taken the new station, the ELINT trawler was there waiting to fall in line behind us. If they got close enough once in a while we would wave at them from the signal bridge and they would wave back. (We did this to the girls in bikinis on the power boats circling in port too LOL).

This thread has kinda morphed into an aicarriers so if you want help setting up your formations with the ATP PM me and if I get more than a couple we will start a new thread for that.

Richard

Thanks for that Richard.

Steve
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Members who have read this thread: 2