FSX/P3D Blackburn Beverley V1A.zip

Thread: FSX/P3D Blackburn Beverley V1A.zip

FSX/P3D Blackburn Beverley V1A.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category P3D / P4D Add-Ons - Military aircraft

Description: The Blackburn Beverley was a four-engined, medium-range high-capacity transport. Its first flight took place in June 1953 and a total of forty-seven aircraft were built. The Beverley had an outstanding ability for packing and dropping heavy loads of up to 22 tons and, aided by powerful propeller reversing and a sturdy fixed undercarriage, it was able to land and take off at small and makeshift airstrips. Employed on a wide variety of military and humanitarian missions, for the ten years of its active service it was the R.A.F.'s proverbial no-nonsense workhorse. To date, only the first production Beverley survives as a museum piece. The model comes with an ILS and GCA- capable VC, variable intensity cockpit lighting, and propeller reversing. Two textures are included, XB261 representing a fictional reincarnation of the third production aircraft, and XM109 as painted in the 'Middle East' camouflage scheme of the final batch. Models and textures by Manfred Jahn, flight dynamics by Wayne Tudor, and soundset by Ted Wolfgang.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FSX/P3D Blackburn Beverley V1A.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Revised features and paintkit

Note, the above version replaces the earlier V1. Here is what's new ...

- black square on tailplane of FSX model removed
    - BOOST gauges replacing MAP gauges as discussed in the original thread http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erley-Uploaded
    - Power Placard with recommended Boost/RPM settings added to main VC panel, also copied to checklist
    - increased fuel tank capacity
    - max RPM raised to 2800
    - revised Readme Notes

A paintkit is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/d8x6v6xro3...ntkit.zip?dl=0

--Manfred

Hi Manfred

I hadn't notice any specific problem but P3Dv5 was showing an error in the ContentErrors.txt
    I tracked it down to this section in the sound.cfg

[SOUND_ENGINE]
    number_of_engines=4
    ENG1_COMBUSTION=COMBUSTION.1.00
    ENG1_prop=PROP.1.00
    ENG1_STARTER=STARTER.A
    ENG1_COMBUSTION_START=COMBUSTION_START.A
    ENG1_SHUTDOWN=SHUTDOWN.A
    ENG2_COMBUSTION=COMBUSTION.2.00
    ENG1_prop=PROP.2.00 <----------------------
    ENG2_STARTER=STARTER.B
    ENG2_COMBUSTION_START=COMBUSTION_START.B
    ENG2_SHUTDOWN=SHUTDOWN.B
    ENG3_COMBUSTION=COMBUSTION.3.00
    ENG1_prop=PROP.3.00 <----------------------
    ENG3_STARTER=STARTER.C
    ENG3_COMBUSTION_START=COMBUSTION_START.C
    ENG3_SHUTDOWN=SHUTDOWN.C
    ENG4_COMBUSTION=COMBUSTION.4.00
    ENG1_prop=PROP.4.00 <----------------------
    ENG4_STARTER=STARTER.D
    ENG4_COMBUSTION_START=COMBUSTION_START.D
    ENG4_SHUTDOWN=SHUTDOWN.D

note the ENG numbers on the marked lines.
    I changed the numbers to suit and the error went away.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Thank you! Good to know and thanks for the tip on to correct it!

Another error in ContentError.txt, still concerning sounds

in sound.cfg there are references to files
    TW_Starter-1, xTW_Starter-1, TW_Starter-2, xTW_Starter-2

but they dont't exist in the folder, only TW_Starter-1000.wav, xTW_Starter-1000.wav, TW_Starter-2000.wav, xTW_Starter-2000.wav

I have renamed them and that seams to be OK.

Thanks for this bird

Gérard

Gérard,

I believe leaving out the starter sounds was intentional in order to get the 5+ secs slow startup using the mouse. I you reactivate the sound.cfg sounds you probably get an odd stuttering noise (correct?).

Got it

I will just point to the official P3D "silence.wav", as I am a "ErrorContent" fighter

Thanks - Gérard

Blackburn Beverley v1A

Hi all,

I'm using the Beverley in FSX Acceleration, and just uploaded version 1A, but noticed when I came to copy the "Effects" folder the eng start effect is labelled as for the B50 but the cfg in the aircraft files say effect Blackburn Beverley for starting. I only checked this out as I noticed when first starting the engines looking from the external "spot" view there were no smoke effects on startup. As I have the B50 installed anyway, I have effects in the effects folder for Beverley and B50 already. Just wondered if this was a known issue or something new, as I can't recall if I saw a smoke effect in V1 of the aircraft now. I love the power plackard in the cockpit and the Boost gauge is really cool, although I did swap these in V1 following the thread in the original chat.

Thanks again for a great beast of an aircraft.
    Happy Flying.

David Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by stretch1365 View Post
    Hi all,

I'm using the Beverley in FSX Acceleration, and just uploaded version 1A, but noticed when I came to copy the "Effects" folder the eng start effect is labelled as for the B50 but the cfg in the aircraft files say effect Blackburn Beverley for starting. I only checked this out as I noticed when first starting the engines looking from the external "spot" view there were no smoke effects on startup. As I have the B50 installed anyway, I have effects in the effects folder for Beverley and B50 already. Just wondered if this was a known issue or something new, as I can't recall if I saw a smoke effect in V1 of the aircraft now. I love the power plackard in the cockpit and the Boost gauge is really cool, although I did swap these in V1 following the thread in the original chat.

Thanks again for a great beast of an aircraft.
    Thanks, another error spotted. No idea how that crept in. Thankfully, the effects are identical, so either a simple copy or a cfg edit will cure it.

Airdrop Features

This is a collection of files and folders that add paratrooper and pallets operations to the V1A Beverley. Follow the instructions in the readme file. You'll have to carefully copy files and folders to different locations and be able to edit cfg and saved flight files.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gpil4d6sxg...weaks.zip?dl=0

Blackburn Beverley short video

I am really enjoying this aircraft and I just wanted to say thank you. I also fly the C-47 often and I am more than impressed with the quality, I have payware stuff that does not come close to this. I had a Beverley on a RAF expansion pack for FS98 and a freeware for FS9. I have been fascinated with the design for a long time. I made a short video of a less than stellar approach to RAF West Malling. I know it is not historically accurate or relevant but it is the only close to period UK scenery I have at the moment and it is a nice field to fly from. I am not sure if it is appropriate to link a video to youtube and I am not trying to bolster views by any means, just thought you would find it interesting.

https://youtu.be/zccn23_Wdto

Enjoyed that video, thank you Bushpilot!
    --Manfred

Members who have read this thread: 3