Ant's Tiger Moth Professional - 3 x UK Repaints

Thread: Ant's Tiger Moth Professional - 3 x UK Repaints

Ant's Tiger Moth Professional - 3 x UK Repaints

I've just uploaded these three British repaints for Ant's Tiger Moth Professional. They're made for FSX SE but should be OK in other versions and P3D. Ant's Tiger Moth Professional is beautifully done, great fun to fly, and not quite as hard to paint as I thought it would be - the paint kit is well thought-out and commented. I fiddle way too much but I think these are about as good as I can make them right now.

G-AHLT (c/n 82247) was built in 1939 and served in the RAF as N9128. She was badly damaged in a landing accident in 2012 and hasn't flown since - fortunately everyone was OK.

G-EMSY (c/n 83666) was built in 1940 and wore the RAF serial T7356. Chocolate brown and pale blue is an interesting mixture but to be honest I've seen much worse. EMSY is the only one of the three fitted with the anti-spin strakes ahead of the tail - Ant's model doesn't have them.

G-AHOO (c/n 86149) is the youngest of the bunch, built in 1943 and flying with the RAF as EM967. AHOO is airworthy in the UK and last I saw was still sporting this classic British racing green & silver scheme.

Very nice repaints! Like you I fiddle a bit much sometimes trying to get things "just right" but the end result is satisfying.
    Mark

Nice selection and very welcome 'civilians' as well.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Good to get a few more UK registered Tiger Moths In nice colour schemes! Thank you.

Bill

Good to get a few more UK registered Tiger Moths in nice colour schemes - thank you!

Bill

Thanks for the nice comments, they were fun to do. There will be more but I take ages! Another user kindly pointed out a couple of errors in the fuselage textures for G-AHLT and G-AHOO and, most helpfully, how to fix them. It's a tiny change but part of the lower fuselage longerons will now be the correct colour.

I've attached a zip file with revised fuselage textures. Just unzip and drag the appropriate texture folder into SimObjects \ Airplanes \ Ants Tiger Moth Pro and overwrite when prompted to replace atm_COL_fuselage.dds.

Members who have read this thread: 0