P3D V5 VR Framerate

Thread: P3D V5 VR Framerate

P3D V5 VR Framerate

Curious as to what y'all do to get the best framerates in P3D V5 VR. I have a Rift S and while I can get a steady 40 fps (1/2 the 80 max) with simpler planes, over really nice scenery I get closer to 20-30 fps in planes like the DC Designs F/A-18E. Flyable, but jerky updates.

Turning off automobile traffic helped a lot, and I haven't gotten around to replacing any stock AI yet. Running OrbX PNW and the Drzewiecki Design Seattle City/Airports X.

Would love to hear what graphics, detail, etc. settings y'all have found have the most direct effects on P3D V5 framerates.

Computer is a Core i9-9900X with an RTX 2080TI, so it's not anemic hardware at fault.

Check my settings from this topic:
    https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewt...137590#p216320
    You have similar hardware but less demanding VR HMD so no problem to have stable and good FPS...
    BUT P3Dv5 is still a little buggy in VR mode, something is wrong here with delivery frame (not all has the same timing).
    I hope for fix in HT2 (very soon).
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Thank you for sharing those settings, YoYo! That's exactly what I was hoping to see -- detailed examples from someone who has it running smoothly. I'll try working those in tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    Thank you for sharing those settings, YoYo! That's exactly what I was hoping to see -- detailed examples from someone who has it running smoothly. I'll try working those in tonight.
    Just one thing.
    About Motion Reprojection - for me I have better result with "Forced ON" not "Auto/ON".
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Still getting bad, jumpy FPS around Seattle. With the next patch around the corner, I'll just try a fresh reinstall then and see if I can tweak the new version.

I find I get bad stuttering with a Rift S if ASW is turned on. I've used Oculus tray to to set a profile for P3d with it turned off, but for some reason it still defaults to on. I have to make sure I manually turn it off. I'm using a 9700x with a 2070.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    I find I get bad stuttering with a Rift S if ASW is turned on. I've used Oculus tray to to set a profile for P3d with it turned off, but for some reason it still defaults to on. I have to make sure I manually turn it off. I'm using a 9700x with a 2070.
    Same here Dave. Rift S stutters with ASW on, nice and smooth with it set to off in tray tool.
    I don't have to manually turn it off though, as long as tray tool is running it works. I have the box for "audio confirmation when profile is applied" checked in tray tool.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

With me, the profile seems to be applied ok, just the ASW setting doesn't take.

I found the killer: It was FTX Global Vector. If you turn off all the roads, railroads, etc. and just let it do the coastlines, VR framerates remain smooth. Turn that stuff on and VR is a stuttery mess.

Now with the tips above (like turning off ASW) I can maintain a steady 40 fps even in the worst case area (Seattle with add-ons).

Members who have read this thread: 1