B35 Mosquito Project

Thread: B35 Mosquito Project

B35 Mosquito Project

Hi all,

Well I had a break in my current project for DCS and so I spent some of the day working on the B35 Mosquito.

I've been tiding up a lot of the meshes and redoing bits as the meshes were untidy.

Remodelled the tail and rudder.

Fuselage mesh needed cleaning up and rebuilt the bomb bay.

Made a start on the cockpit access too.

Cockpit access door.

I will keep this thread up to date as I progress through these projects. I will use a different thread for each of the Mosquito variants.

Dave
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tail and Rudder.jpg   Tidied up Fuselage and new bomb bay.jpg   Cockpit entrance.jpg   Cockpit Hatch.jpg  

It will be great to see this and other variants as they come. Is your old or a new website going to become operational?

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Looking good Dave
    John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

SOH-CM-2020
    Thanks very much for "picking up the threads"! I thought these were going to be "lost in the mists of time".

Blog Entries
    Glad to see you back Dave!
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

It was always interesting to see mesh in development back in the old days; might we hope for the occasional screenshots as you progress?
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Hi guys,

@Mongoose - I do have a website but unfortunately I don't have enough time in the day to be able to run that and model, work and family time. They need to put more hours into the day or find a way around not needing sleep, lol.

This will be the only place I can show my work.

@Tom (Hairyspin) - If you want teaser shots then I will show some in game screenshots of the Mossies as we move through the project, especially with Gmax not having render ability.

Thank you to everyone following this project again. I am still surprised just how popular.

Dave

The Mossie was such a beautiful aircraft it’s little wonder she’s still popular. If I ever get the chance to see the rebuild from NZ it’ll be drop tools and run. Just Flight released a beauty for FSX some years ago which was very popular. By contrast, Milviz did a Stuka - one of the ugliest aircraft ever - which sold so poorly they finally gave it away. (I have both)
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

The Mosquito was a very beautiful aircraft until they started to add things which were originally not foreseen. Like an enlarged bomb-bay (the least annoying) and radar domes in various shaped and sized (some are really ugly!)

Cheers,
    huub

How about this one... LOL. The ugliest one by far for me.

TT-39

However, this one WILL be coming to an airfield near you ... eventually.

FBXVIII

Dave
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TT-39.jpg   FB XVIII.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Dave(Dangerous)Boynton View Post
    How about this one... LOL. The ugliest one by far for me.

TT-39

However, this one WILL be coming to an airfield near you ... eventually.
    GOOD HEAVENS!! I usually welcome any addition to the aircraft hangar but this IS ugly! What is it, the bastard of a Mossie and a Tupolev SB-2, a nazi glass-nose bomber or perhaps some obscure prewar southern European 'aircaft'?? My god, better keep your Mossie in the hangar when it's that time of the year and don't let her near any of those continental brutes!
    I had to look it up to see what it was but apparently it served as a target tug. The person who thought of this should be towed through the air by it instead of a target drogue... Dave, are you sure you want to waste your talents on this one?

ACC Member, ETO and PTO contributor & librarian

Hahahaha Frosty, no, not a chance mate. That quote was referring to the image below it and for the eventual addition of the FBXVIII equipped with the 57mm Molins anti-shipping gun "Tsetse"

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    GOOD HEAVENS!! I usually welcome any addition to the aircraft hangar but this IS ugly! What is it, the bastard of a Mossie and a Tupolev SB-2, a nazi glass-nose bomber or perhaps some obscure prewar southern European 'aircaft'?? My god, better keep your Mossie in the hangar when it's that time of the year and don't let her near any of those continental brutes!
    I had to look it up to see what it was but apparently it served as a target tug. The person who thought of this should be towed through the air by it instead of a target drogue... Dave, are you sure you want to waste your talents on this one?

I think that’s the version designed by a committee. Of double glazing salesmen...
    Tom

Desk jockeys Tom, lol.

wow, I've never seen this one before!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

Turbinlite, pretty ugly
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails B7uAcwsIQAAssoS.jpg  
    John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

Hahaha, Yeah I saw that one in my books too.

Only FB's, NF's and B's will be produced by myself.... Rest yourselves, there will be no ugly versions built or released by me. OH and Sea Mossies if they are wanted.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo/4 View Post
    Turbinlite, pretty ugly

The glazed nose section of a TT-39 is still in existence at the Mosquito Museum.

Took these picture`s when Dave and I met up there in 2007. Yes it was that long ago!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mosquito Museum 04-03-2007 (455).jpg   Mosquito Museum 04-03-2007 (456).jpg   Mosquito Museum 04-03-2007 (457).jpg  

That was an amazing day, Being allowed to climb in and photograph/measure that B35. Wonder if they'd allow it for the FB they now have.

Quote Originally Posted by NSS View Post
    The glazed nose section of a TT-39 is still in existence at the Mosquito Museum.

Took these picture`s when Dave and I met up there in 2007. Yes it was that long ago!

Members who have read this thread: 0