Phantom paints! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Phantom paints!

Thanks for the screenshot size advice. All files should now have been uploaded, enjoy!

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Thank you, Spanish version was very much awaited.

Thanks for the two USAF paints. Outstanding work!
    Cheers

The Old Master Sergeant

Blog Entries
    Thanks again Jens,

I like them all - each has some special significance.

Many thanks,

dl

Quote Originally Posted by JensOle View Post
    Not sure if the next one is political correct or not... Coonass militia from the 122nd TFS, 159th FG Louisiana ANG, early 1980s. Wrap around SEA scheme with minimal stencil decals.

"Coonass" just means you are of Cajun ethnicity. Makes perfect sense for a Guard unit in Louisiana.

I really like that wrap-around camo scheme. How about some more ANG units?
    Those that wore SEA camo tended to eventually wear Euro1 camo later on.

Thanks for the repaints!
    If it's possible it would be nice to see more Navy Phantoms!
    Best regards!
    Last edited by Seal; June 20th, 2020 at 07:04.

Bumping this thread as the repaints seem to have vanished from SOH library ?

Any ideas?

ttfn

Pete

What?
    No paint from VMFAT-101, N/J/and S models?
    If you were a Marine F-4 driver/RIO pair, you went through '101, at MCAS Yuma, Az.

I spent 9 years there, frantically working IMA Radar shop to keep as many birds flyable as possible. The AWG-10A was horribly unreliable. We spent every weekend, and 3 crews all week working on them. When they finally got the AWG-10B, 90% of our AWM (AWaiting Maintenance), and AWP (AWaiting Parts), vanished.
    We held a big shop party the weekend it was finally cleared out and we had a weekend off, let me tell you!

Lots of fun, having to run some ring-knockers through the "how to turn the radar on" checks. They were supposed to learn that in their own RIO school, but a number of them must have slept through it.
    Most fun was when we'd get a nugget butter-bar come into the shop, tell the assigned tech to shut up and stay out his way, proceed to flip switches and turn knobs, and...nothing happened. The officer would then tell us the bench was broken, and he wanted a functional one RIGHT NOW!
    As he was turning away the tech would reach in, press a button marked POWER, and fire the bench up. Amazing what colors some of those RIO's could turn after that...

We did get a few pilots come through, wanting to see what their scope should show during various operations. THEY were very nice, as a general rule. Very smart, to get that leg up on their class-mates. Of course, we were able to put up most any display they wanted to see. Good men.

Sorry, I ramble. Still, it would be awesome to see a VMFAT-101 paint
    Have fun!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Hi,

I just checked the file library and all the Phantom paints are there :-)

I bought the Milviz F-4S, but I have given up on getting it to work. So I tried the SWS B/N model and have enjoyed it very much. My starting point was low vis grey paints and with the N model you have a rather limited number of users around 1980. But I would have loved to do both USN and MC grey paints for a working S model..

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JensOle View Post
    Hi,

I just checked the file library and all the Phantom paints are there :-)

I bought the Milviz F-4S, but I have given up on getting it to work. So I tried the SWS B/N model and have enjoyed it very much. My starting point was low vis grey paints and with the N model you have a rather limited number of users around 1980. But I would have loved to do both USN and MC grey paints for a working S model..
    Still enjoying the paints, Jens.

Regarding the S, no one would complain if you did some S paints for the SWS N model ....

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Still enjoying the paints, Jens.

Regarding the S, no one would complain if you did some S paints for the SWS N model ....
    Give this man a beer!!! Agree 150%!!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Just a small point of interest here:

These paints -- much appreciated as they are -- won't work on the PBR-enabled SWS F-4s for P3Dv4.5/5. The model mapping has completely changed.

I'm sorry that some people can't enjoy the Milviz F-4s. My only issue is that the aircraft CG seems to be set too far aft (about where an aircraft parachute would be?).
    Large inputs of node-down trim on startup, and she behaves -- for me, anyway.

Dave

Members who have read this thread: 1