Phantom paints!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phantom paints!

Phantom paints!

Hello,

I have been in Phantom mood for the last weeks. Started out with trying to get the Milviz bird to work, but no luck so I gave the SWS F-4B/N model a try and I have had a lot of fun with it. Great model and they have a great USS Coral Sea to go with it.

After some low vis US navy N models I have moved on to the SEA-scheme painted USAF birds. The B is not a C/D, but a pretty good match I think! Man, the amount of stencils on the Phantoms are mindblowing… It has taken many days..

(Trying out linking pics from dropbox, sp please be overbearing if it is not working!)

(E)F-4C Wild Weasel IV from the 81st TFS of the 52nd TFW from Spangdahlem AB in Germany, 1970s.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

F-4D from the 91st TFS of the 81st TFW from Bentwater/Woodbridge as it looked in the mid 70s.

Landing on Bentwater rw 7, you can see Woodbridge to the right.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Looking forward to 'em!

The Old MSgt

Stencils..ha ha

We used to say most of the maintenance manual was stenciled on the aeroplane (RAF F-4)

Any chance of a 'Night Owls' one?

Ttfn

Pete

Absolutely beautiful!!!! Great to see detailed Air Force Phantoms come back to life! I second the request for 497th Fighter Squadron NightOwls F-4D

Cool. Spanish Phantoms are non-existent...

Blog Entries
    Those look great, Jens.

Your N paints are going to be a hit. I'll post a few more screens tonight.

Did you get any more info regarding a "paint kit" of sorts with which to update the carriers' statics?

Again - big thanks for repainting this model.

PS - a point of clarification, for those who've bought the PBR models - these are for the "Legacy" model; and so far as I can tell, won't work on the PBR - the latter of which overwrites the Legacy model. I've reverted to the old model, since other than the PBR visuals, I far prefer the legacy model's AB effect, and generally find it works better for me than the new one. These paints requiring the old model made it academic for me - they're just too special to not have the older model installed. I just made a copy of the PBR model and renamed it (model.pbr) and just slaved the one or two paints I really wanted from the PBR model to that model so I'm covered either way.

So all that to say I'm perfectly satisfied that Jens is painting based on the legacy model - but it's FYI for those that have the PBR model.

Thanks for the feedback! European based C/Ds for now. Yes, the spanish Phantom might happen 😎 Researching c.12-40 with white stencils right now. Easy paint as it is mostly in full standard usaf paint and decals.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Spanish F-4C Phantom C.12-40 of Ala (wing)-12. The spanish Phantoms had some abnormalities in the SEA-scheme comapred to the USAF Phantoms, so in the end almost all camo edge lines ahve been redrawn. white stencils makes for an interesting contrast.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

I admit to being computer illiterate at times, but, I don't see a download tab available in the dropdown box.

Larry
    USAFVET
    12 year USAF veteran , Air Trans
    "Life is like herding cats through a fish market".

I'd like these too, but have no idea how to get 'em! Heck, can't even figure out how to look at 'em!

Are the screenshots not showing?

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

These 6 paints are packed up and more or ready for release. All for the SWS Phantom.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Quote Originally Posted by JensOle View Post
    Are the screenshots not showing?
    Not here with Firefox, show up fine using another browser (Opera). Might be due to one of my addons Jens. Looking forward to these, worked many long hours fixing the USAF Phantoms (C,D,E,G & RF), mostly good times, some not so much... Thank you!

The Old MSgt
    Last edited by oldmsgt; June 8th, 2020 at 19:25.

Blog Entries
    Screens show fine for me on both IE and iPhone Safari.

You guys will love these. Previewed them tonight. They’re gems.

Jens, I’ve emailed you.

Thanks for six great paints. They’ll be much appreciated.

DL

Did someone find the download button?

There should be no download button I'm aware of... As I said, they are getting very close to upload (here at the SoH). I'll need to get a new screenshot for the VF-202 Paint. Hopefully this weekend.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Take your time and thank you beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmsgt View Post
    Not here with Firefox, show up fine using another browser (Opera). Might be due to one of my addons Jens. Looking forward to these, worked many long hours fixing the USAF Phantoms (C,D,E,G & RF), mostly good times, some not so much... Thank you!

The Old MSgt
    Do you see any screenshots when you're logged in with Opera? Is it possible you can see them in Opera because you're not logged in?

A couple of years ago, when I came back to SOH, I couldn't see screenshots either when I was logged in. I could see them if I wasn't logged in. It turned out to be a forum setting that one of the administrators finally found after I convinced him of my issue. I think he had to search around for it a bit and finally fixed it for me (thank you!).

Anyway, I can see the screenshots just fine in Firefox latest update.

I can see them in Opera whether signed in or not. With Firefox I don't see them at all, whether I'm signed in or not.

ETA: They were being blocked by Privacy Badger, I see them fine now!

The Old MSgt
    Last edited by oldmsgt; June 11th, 2020 at 09:43. Reason: Problem Solved

All the packaging and readme files are done and I tried to get them uploaded this evening, but no luck. Each zip is about 17mb and should be small enough, but I get a message saying the file is to large. Any help with this issue?

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Rami ?????

Jensole, it did that to me too and I resized the pic you have to upload to 800X600 and it worked.
    Greenhouse357

Quote Originally Posted by JensOle View Post
    Spanish F-4C Phantom C.12-40 of Ala (wing)-12. The spanish Phantoms had some abnormalities in the SEA-scheme comapred to the USAF Phantoms, so in the end almost all camo edge lines ahve been redrawn. white stencils makes for an interesting contrast.

So the miss-match of camo lines is genuine to the Spanish a/c?
    That's cool....it's not just us sim painters who get it wrong then....

Not sure if the next one is political correct or not... Coonass militia from the 122nd TFS, 159th FG Louisiana ANG, early 1980s. Wrap around SEA scheme with minimal stencil decals.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Members who have read this thread: 1