Taburet

Thread: Taburet

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries

Taburet

Does any one have any experience with sceneries/mesh by this company? Are they any good as they cost very little.

Blog Entries
    From what I can see, your getting your moneys worth Bob.. Coit Tower seemed missing from San Franciso, but there were cusstom buildings in there tht only exist in real life.. Lighting is great,,, Rainier Is also quite nice.. Neither of them are up to OrbX standards but your not paying 50 - 80 dollars either. It;s a good product and better than many..

Blog Entries
    Hi Bob..
    All right, so yesterday I purchased Taburets San Francisco.. I was mostly impressed; Mostly..
    I also had to buy ( well, download ) KSFO as there was no scenery in the Taburet package for the airport, or if there was, it was being invisible..

The Mesh plain and simple SUX!. Its very high resolution to the degree of interfering with the runways and taxiiways at the airport. Bumps galore.. I enjoy runways that follow terrain but not so much that there's oversized potholes that your plane bounces in and out of. Nor do i like banked taxxiways as they go over a bump in the hill.. I deleted the mesh..

COIT tower is not there. I'm no great fan of it as its such a big deal to most San Franciscans, but it IS a memorial to the firemen who fought and died during the 1906 earthquake/fire that darn near destroyed the city.

Golden Gate park is rather complete.. I admit, I was happily surprised to see all the buildings in GGP faithfully placed where they belong..

Newer buildings downtown are faithfully modeled and presented.. The place has grown since I was there last. Candlestick got moved to the basin and more office buildings were being built when I left.. They look real good..

Treasure Island could be better, not much, but better.. All of us bay area denizens have at one time or another wished deeply that they would rebuild Treasure Island to the way it looked during the 1939 Golden Gate International Exposition. It was Incredible.

For KSFO I used MisterX6's KSFO. It comes with the entire bay area, but has a patch that turns off everything except KSFO, which is what I wanted. Taburet is doing a great job on everything North of the airport, ans other scenery's will fill in to the south. Either way, its worth the seventeen bucks you pay for it, and the hoops you have to jump through to get KSFO working properly, in my opinion..

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the info. Still on the fence but leaning towards getting the new California’s ADX or something like that. It’s supposed to be the second generation and much better than the first. If it looks anywhere half way decent they also have a second generation Florida.

would love to get Orbx but even their standard definition Florida takes 222 gigs or somewhere in that vicinity. Running out of disk space. If I got Washington, Oregon, Southern California and Florida Need a bank of hard drives and I’m not even mentioning the time to download it all.

will give a mini review when I get it.

Really enjoying the SR-22. Hard to imagine it’s free for a small donation to a good cause.

Blog Entries
    Will look forward too it.. Taburet is letting me down.. Theres a radio/TV tower in San Francisco thats pretty famous. From a distance it shows normally, but as you get closer it turns into a gray obelisk just standing there.. Many buildings are the same as well.. Highly disappointing.. I just dont want to spend what OrbX is asking.. its too high for my income bracket..
    Regarding the SR-22.. Afraid I'm too dumb any more to figure out how to get the cover off the canopy.. I suppose I could read the manual, but that would be too easy ::LOL::..

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    First thing to do: go to the Cockpit iPad And click on weight and balance. You can add and remove all sorts of covers there. From then on, happy flying!

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Well I did go ahead with California AXP. Long download but easy Peasy installation.

just fired up las night so just some quick observations in the bay area. Yes, lots of new buildings and now signs of civilization where there used to be none. Didn’t do frame rates but there does seem to be a hit, understandable since I have everything close to high And area is jam packed with houses. SFO airport buildings have disappeared And bay bridge and golden gate are not even close in appearance to the real thing.

will do some more discovery. Impressions snow are greatly increased buildings and better placement of same (I could actually see my old house in Sunnyvale). Some screwed up bits and pieces. Some screen shots will follow.

only spent $15 for it so not a big loss as some others I purchased.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Well, it’s been on my sim and now gone. It does add lots of buildings in the cities but I find the suburbs are still somewhat naked. Some airports are now devoid of detail But the clincher was the bay bridge and golden gate, completely unrealistic.

it was worth $15 for me to try it out. I say save your lunch money and go with Orbx.

Blog Entries
    Hi Bob..
    This is what I'm using currently. I think I also have MrX5 KSFO but I;m not certain.. I'm certainly not delighted or thrilled with Frisco, but for freeware, its pretty darned good.. I do highly recommend it..

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php...port-and-city/

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the info. Downloaded last night.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    ANYTHING by Mr. X is worth downloading. San Francisco is amazing. Have all of his freeware and payware also. An amazing scenery guy.

Members who have read this thread: 0