Manfred Jahn C-47 GPS

Thread: Manfred Jahn C-47 GPS

Manfred Jahn C-47 GPS

Hi guys,

Does someone (a lot more clever than me) know how to install the reality XP - 750 gauge into Manfred Jahn's brilliant DC-3?

As the Sperry is still inop, there is a lovely big retangular space in the VC to put the GTN-750. I can install it into the pop up window, but this kind of kills immersion in VR.

I've had a quick look at the panel.cfg, but not being an expert, I can't work out how to edit anything to replace the INOP sperry gauge with a GTN-750.

Thanks for any help in advance,

Neil,

ps. I have had so much fun out of this DC-3 in the past, a big thank you to all involved!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LCYCowboy View Post
    Hi guys,

Does someone (a lot more clever than me) know how to install the reality XP - 750 gauge into Manfred Jahn's brilliant DC-3?

As the Sperry is still inop, there is a lovely big retangular space in the VC to put the GTN-750. I can install it into the pop up window, but this kind of kills immersion in VR.

I've had a quick look at the panel.cfg, but not being an expert, I can't work out how to edit anything to replace the INOP sperry gauge with a GTN-750.

Thanks for any help in advance,

Neil,

ps. I have had so much fun out of this DC-3 in the past, a big thank you to all involved!!!!!
    Hi Neil-

I posted this question quite some time ago and got no responses.

However, the good news is the Systems Manager (?) allows you to select and maintain altitude and heading with an appropriate ascent/descent rate. I use these functions with AivlaSoft EFB and their excellent vertical guidance functionality which makes for a great flying experience with this fantastic DC3 :>)

Cheers,
    Mark

Several months ago I asked about making the inoperable Sperry autopilot in the virtual cockpit into space a blank into which the user could install whatever navigation aid or autopilot they desired. I was told "no" due to concerns regarding the potential to use and distribution of payware gauges in association with his freeware aircraft.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Newtie View Post
    I use these functions with AivlaSoft EFB?

Is there a freeware add-on that is somewhat comparable to this payware product? I am sure it is outstanding; merely a financial thing .NC

LittleNavMap is excellent, and free.

Mark

Giving the option to install a GPS into the Virtual Cockpit surely shouldn’t effect this fantastic freeware product.

I have spent 3 years flying it as standard, but the VOR/NDBs are slowly disappearing and RNAV is taking over. I still want to fly by hand (until the Sperry arrives &#128540, but would love a GPS for guidance as flying from ground bases stations in the modern world doesn’t really represent reality anymore.

I own the RealityXP GTN - 750 and have installed it into many aircraft (payware and freeware) but they provided a built in GPS which the RealityXP wizard replaces.

If it isn’t possibly then so be it 😔

Members who have read this thread: 0