RealAir Panel Configuration utility broken

Thread: RealAir Panel Configuration utility broken

Icon5 RealAir Panel Configuration utility broken

Thankfully one of my favorite aircraft in real life and flight sim, the RealAir Citabria/Decathlon/Scout, transferred quite well into P3D V4.5. Everything seems to work well with the exception of the Config Panel utility. It is located in my Lockheed Martin/P3D V4/RealAir/scout07 folder. I tried to reconfigure a couple of panels but the new panels never showed up on their respective aircraft. When I make a change, where is it saved? Is it some kind of xml file? I am totally ignorant of how the Config Panel utility works.

My MVAMS works fine and also my Config Panel for the RealAir Legacy. I'm missing something here both literally and figuratively.

I did some more research and I came across ctb's post on Avsim relative to my problem. https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5...es-for-p3dv44/

I tried to implement it, but I'm still missing something as nothing changed on my Citabria panel.

I copied the FSROOTPATH= from the RealAir Legacy config that seems to work OK.

Here is the syntax I am using in the C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\RealAir\scout07\AutoPlay\Files\Config file:

[App]
    ignoreFsWarning=1
    p3dVersion=4
    FSROOTPATH=C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

[Options]
    engineStartup=1

[RealView]
    Stall=50

[Citabria_Panel]
    ADFVis=0
    AIVis=1
    AutopilotVis=1
    DIVis=1
    HSIVis=0
    NoGyro=0
    RMIVis=0
    VORVis=1

[Decathlon_Panel]
    ADFVis=0
    AIVis=0
    AutopilotVis=0
    DIVis=0
    HSIVis=0
    NoGyro=1
    RMIVis=0
    VORVis=1

[Scout_Panel]
    ADFVis=1
    AIVis=1
    AutopilotVis=1
    DIVis=0
    HSIVis=1
    NoGyro=0
    RMIVis=0
    VORVis=0

[Scout_Amph_Panel]
    ADFVis=0
    AIVis=1
    AutopilotVis=1
    DIVis=0
    HSIVis=1
    NoGyro=0
    RMIVis=0
    VORVis=0

[Scout_Tundra_Panel]
    ADFVis=0
    AIVis=1
    AutopilotVis=1
    DIVis=1
    HSIVis=0
    NoGyro=0
    RMIVis=1
    VORVis=0

It might be your install location.
    The general rule is not to install the Sim to "C:\Program Files" it can cause conflicts with UAC (Windows User Account Control).
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Thanks for the response. I don't think it's that since the Config panel works for the RealAir Legacy and I opened the Config utility as an administrator. Anymore ideas?

The problem seems to be that the panel configuration app isn't pointing to the panel config xml file in the various planes' panel folders,
    and changing the values there. Let me show you what I mean.

Let's take the Citabria as an example. If you go into the Citabria's Panel folder, you'll see a sub-folder called "Config". Inside that is an
    xml file called "Panel Config". Right click on that and select "Edit" (if you're not comfortable editing these files, you should do a backup
    first). Inside, you'll see strings of the following sort (I'll choose the "show autopilot" as an example):

<Element>
    <Select>
    <Value>(G:Var1) 0 == if{ 0 (&gt;L:Scout Autopilot Visible,bool) }</Value>
    </Select>

The "0" in the middle of the string after "if{ " means that that device (in this case the autopilot) will not show in the Citabria's panel. If
    you change that "0" to a "1", so the string now reads :

<Element>
    <Select>
    <Value>(G:Var1) 0 == if{ 1 (&gt;L:Scout Autopilot Visible,bool) }</Value>
    </Select>j

..the autopilot will now show in the Citabria's panel. And so on with all the other instruments listed in the various strings. You just
    have to figure out which strings should be on ("1") to show the device, and which strings should be off ("0") so the device won't
    show, for any particular configuration (not everything listed can show at the same time). And you need to do this for each of the
    various aircraft in the package (Citabria, Decathalon, Scout, etc.).

Of course if you still have FSX installed, you can configure the panels for the various planes there, and then just copy over the relevant
    "Panel Config" xml files.

The real solution would be if someone fluent in xml-ese could point the panel configuration app in P3Dv4 to the "Panel Config" xml file
    in the planes' Panel folders and get the values to change, but that's beyond me.

I hope that helps.

-RobM

Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    The problem seems to be that the panel configuration app isn't pointing to the panel config xml file in the various planes' panel folders,
    and changing the values there. <snip>
    I hope that helps.

-RobM
    It indeed did help Rob.

Nice workaround. Using your method I configured all my panels to my wishes. The Decathlon has a very sparse panel with no gyro or vacuum instruments, the Scout has a full panel, and the Citabria is kind of in-between with useful VFR panel.

I am pretty good with rewriting aircraft.cfg files, but xml is beyond my comprehension. I can sort of de-construct them in a "monkey-see, monkey-do" fashion.

Members who have read this thread: 0